Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno, Bear Witness One Of Exalted Blade's Main Inspiration!...

unknow99

In my personal opinion, I think Excalibur's ult should turn him into a sword that a teammate picks up and 1-hit kills everything in their path.

But that's just me...

And that's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read...

I mean, it's funny, but it's dumb.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Their a hundreds of possible inspirations that could have been the reason why they choose a energy blade of this style type, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they just took it from this....

powerogskull.gif

Common you know someone had to have brought up the idea.

You are absolutely right, and it is absolutely He-Man!

voltron+blazing+sword.gif

^ The only insightful post so far.

The concept of a sword projecting energy blades when swung is ancient and ubiquitous. It's up there with laser vision and poison-themed antagonists. I'm not bashing DE, because I think the energy waves fit Excalibur quite well, but it's a concept so old, it's hard to say it was inspired by any one thing. It's more like public domain at this point.

^ The only insightful post so far.

The concept of a sword projecting energy blades when swung is ancient and ubiquitous. It's up there with laser vision and poison-themed antagonists. I'm not bashing DE, because I think the energy waves fit Excalibur quite well, but it's a concept so old, it's hard to say it was inspired by any one thing. It's more like public domain at this point.

Good point. The Voltron sword summon in pretty spot on. And again, trope is a trope is a trope. Still looks awesome, though.