Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What To Send A Lot Of Platina On?

Baskakov_Dima

Question

Just bought the biggest package of it, will probably buy another one, as I did REALLY like the game and I got 75% discounts 2 times already.

But what to spend it for? What NOT to spend this for?

Please, do not spam the topic with "give that to me" answers or like that. 

15 answers to this question

Weapon slots and Warframe slots will always be usefull. And if you can't be bothered with for example waiting on getting Vauban through alerts you could always buy him since he's a very good Warframe for Survivals and Defenses with a proper team. As well as potentially Mesa if you don't want to go through the whole thing where you've to run multiple infested invasions to get the nav coordinates to build the Mutalist Alad V assassinate key.

Other than that I cannot say because it comes to your personal thoughts and views of "what do I need and what would I like?".

SLOTS, SLOTS, SLOTS. REACTORS and CATALYSTS for favorite warframes/weapons.

NOT full warframes/weapons. (Possible exceptions: Mesa, Vauban) Craft them, see if you like it, then decide whether to use Catalyst/Reactor or not. Rank 30 it, choose to sell it, keep it, whatever.

Weapon slots and Warframe slots will always be usefull. And if you can't be bothered with for example waiting on getting Vauban through alerts you could always buy him since he's a very good Warframe for Survivals and Defenses with a proper team. As well as potentially Mesa if you don't want to go through the whole thing where you've to run multiple infested invasions to get the nav coordinates to build the Mutalist Alad V assassinate key.

Other than that I cannot say because it comes to your personal thoughts and views of "what do I need and what would I like?".

very nice answer !

First, thank you all! 

Now, got it about slots. But how many of them to buy? For all frames and weapons possible? Or not?

Then, what is a potato?

SLOTS, SLOTS, SLOTS. REACTORS and CATALYSTS for favorite warframes/weapons.

NOT full warframes/weapons. (Possible exceptions: Mesa, Vauban) Craft them, see if you like it, then decide whether to use Catalyst/Reactor or not. Rank 30 it, choose to sell it, keep it, whatever.

Why not to buy them? Can I buy full sets from players? 

Edited by Baskakov_Dima

First, thank you all! 

Now, got it about slots. But how many of them to buy? For all frames and weapons possible? Or not?

Then, what is a potato?

Potato = Orokin Reactor or Orokin Catalyst.

Well there's 31 obtainable Warframes in the game at the moment so around 31ish Reactors, potentially. However they'll pop up on alerts and invasion missions which I suggest you always grab when you can to save platinum. (Supposidly if you don't want to sell your warframes when you get the prime, you'd have to get around that amount of warframe slots as well if you want to get them all).

For weapons it's a bit tricky, Having a few catalysts lying around isn't bad if you encounter a weapon you like but the same thing goes as with the reactors, get them when you can. There'll most likley be a lot of weapons you won't like or will feel doesn't deal the damage you need it to. So getting a catalyst for every weapon in the game might be a bit over the top.

Weapon slots you could buy as you please, weapons just keep coming and being able to swap inbetween whatever weapon you'd like is always nice. So maybe 40ish slots to just have a ground. Then buy more if you feel like you need it as you proceed in the game. (it really sucks selling a weapon at one point then realising later you could need it or will need it).

Also another tip: Don't rush things for platinum. Waiting 12 hours for a weapon or in some cases 24 hours isn't really that bad, I've been able to do that and I'm Mastery Rank 19. But if you cannot wait to use something, I suppose it's your platinum and you do as you want:)

That's all I think, enjoy your platinum!:)

get a slot for every frame in the game +1 or so.  Get a bunch of weapon slots.  Consider getting 4 kubrow slots for one of each type.   Once you have all that stuff, buy hard to farm mods off the trade channel, or ONE set of weapons/frame/etc to be your main go-to for a while.  I mean things like a boltor prime are super cheap now... it would carry you anywhere you need to go.  

And spend a bit on fun too :)  I bought a few color pallets long ago. 

What not to buy... anything you can farm and build easily yourself.   Buying a meh weapon for plat when you could buy the same thing as a blueprint and just craft it seems wasteful.

Some take the short route of Warframes/Weapons buying them straight off market with platinum. There are few items that are worth the plat when compared to ingame time to craft. I say don't buy Warframes/Weapons as a blanket statement to say Don't forget to play the game. Not only is it cheaper to build Ash, but you play the game by doing so, for example. I caution against buying full items outright without thinking about it first.

As well as potentially Mesa if you don't want to go through the whole thing where you've to run multiple infested invasions to get the nav coordinates to build the Mutalist Alad V assassinate key.

I'd say buy the keys from other players for 10-15p each and go on keyshares if you don't want to deal with the outbreaks. should still be cheaper than buying her outright, unless rng really really hates you