Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clean Up The Grandmaster's Names On Planets... Looks Awful.

Nod_Off

So... We all know about the Grand Master package, and the Solar Landmark you get....

Well it looks like garbage... You have 7-10 names on a planet that is so unorganized and messy it is an eye sore....

Look at these. 

dump3_zps40c68d95.png

dump2_zps449635aa.png

dump1_zpse3149d91.png

Even if it means getting rid of them... And since the Founders program is still going, past the March 16th closing date, it is only going to get worse....

Please do something about this.

What do you guys think? Is it an eye sore, do you not care, or do you think it looks good?

I never really cared for the Solar Landmark. I only became a Grand Master to support DE.

I do completely agree with you though. The Solar Landmarks can look really messy. Especially on Uranus and Sedna, because of the mission overlaps for both the actual location and the popup info.

I think it looks pretty ugly the way it is.  I also just don't care much about the solar landmark part of the Grand Master package.  I haven't even bothered to see where my name is.  I'd be perfectly fine if they removed it altogether.  I do support making the names appear cleaner at the very least.

I thought solar landmark would be a lot more significant than that. Right now it looks unimportant and ugly.

Well, back in Closed beta it was one name per planet, at which point it looked clean, and you could claim a planet as your own. Was really neat. Now it is useless and ugly.

I never really cared for the Solar Landmark. I only became a Grand Master to support DE.

I do completely agree with you though. The Solar Landmarks can look really messy. Especially on Uranus and Sedna, because of the mission overlaps for both the actual location and the popup info.

I agree on the reasoning's for supporting, and it just looks messy.

I think it looks pretty ugly the way it is.  I also just don't care much about the solar landmark part of the Grand Master package.  I haven't even bothered to see where my name is.  I'd be perfectly fine if they removed it altogether.  I do support making the names appear cleaner at the very least.

I also have not tried to fight that convoluted mess to find my own name. 

Honestly i would rather prefer to have some kind of "Wall of Honor" ,with the names of those who helped, than this mess we have right now.

I agree absolutely. Something that catches the eye when zoomed out like a ship that when clicked on would bring up the wall.  In Alphabetical order please lol. 

it does look pretty messy but maybe with an expansion to other areas in the future it may look better but i think they need to find another way to do the solar landmark, like say the asteroid belt has all the names orbiting the sun? idk lol

it does look pretty messy but maybe with an expansion to other areas in the future it may look better but i think they need to find another way to do the solar landmark, like say the asteroid belt has all the names orbiting the sun? idk lol

Actually sounds like a good idea... Every update they throw in a few more asteroids to represent the new grand masters.

That is still a better idea imho than how it currently is.

Actually sounds like a good idea... Every update they throw in a few more asteroids to represent the new grand masters.

The only problem with it is that it would be extremely hard to traverse, causing more headaches when trying to find your name. 

And that would be one LARGE asteroid belt. 

The problem with changing it is you are changing something people (MAY) have paid lots of money for - and were promised it would be there to stay.

Probably the best compromise would be to make it a separate mouse over (or click->open) section - if you moused over the section all of the names would appear.

This removes the clutter, and keeps the names as they are on the planets.

The problem with changing it is you are changing something people (MAY) have paid lots of money for - and were promised it would be there to stay.

Probably the best compromise would be to make it a separate mouse over (or click->open) section - if you moused over the section all of the names would appear.

Understandable. But it does not clarify/specify what a "Solar Landmark" is as far as I know. And if they can bypass the Program close date of March 16, I am sure this should not be an issue.

I didn't particularly care about the solar landmark part of the founders program (especially since at the time I purchased it I had no clue what it was) and just wanted to support a game that was fun and the developers making it (much like the others that have posted), I do however agree that it's messy as all hell and without an explanation as to why the heck names are displayed on planets it holds no significance for players that didn't get the founders pack.

I didn't particularly care about the solar landmark part of the founders program (especially since at the time I purchased it I had no clue what it was) and just wanted to support a game that was fun and the developers making it (much like the others that have posted), I do however agree that it's messy as all hell and without an explanation as to why the heck names are displayed on planets it holds no significance for players that didn't get the founders pack.

Very well said. I could not agree with you more.

Wait... That's what those names were? I just saw a sort of messy list and thought it was some highscore of sorts when I started playing, but yeah, it looks pretty messy.

Haha that is awesome. Highscores!! =D 

People wouldn't complain about changing it as long as it isn't completely removed.

A better solution would be if they put an actual bullet point listing of names labeled Founders in a larger box which appeared either near the planet you were clicking on or off to one side and made it in the foreground. That way its not just a huge &#! sentence of never ending names that are totally unreadable and insignificant.

Making it so it is optional to look at defeats the purpose of having it at all considering its supposed to be a badge of honor or for lack of a better term epeen. :P

+1 to Grabehn, highscores lol

Edited by Temporary

People wouldn't complain about changing it as long as it isn't completely removed.

A better solution would be if they put an actual bullet point listing of names labeled Founders in a larger box which appeared either near the planet you were clicking on or off to one side and made it in the foreground. That way its not just a huge &#! sentence of never ending names that are totally unreadable and insignificant.

Making it so it is optional to look at defeats the purpose of having it at all considering its supposed to be a badge of honor or for lack of a better term epeen. :P

+1 to Grabehn, highscores lol

I agree, it needs to be visible, but cleaned up, and "pretty."   I also think it should be Alphabetical, or be listed by date purchased. 

Give them something else instead.

When I first started playing, I thought it was a notification telling me who was currently playing a match on that planet.... took me quite a bit of time to realize they were the solar landmarks

I agree, it needs to be visible, but cleaned up, and "pretty."   I also think it should be Alphabetical, or be listed by date purchased. 

I'd go Alphabetical over date purchased, to much effort and would leave more time to worry about things like update 8 :P