Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missed Something On The Pre-Flight

notlamprey

So, the question that comes to my mind...

Purely hypothetically, if the cat was stupid enough to jump, wouldn't it have been able to land reasonably safely? This is a thing cats are famed for.

So, the question that comes to my mind...

Purely hypothetically, if the cat was stupid enough to jump, wouldn't it have been able to land reasonably safely? This is a thing cats are famed for.

No there is a limit on the height. For example the highest a cat has been dropped is 32 stories landing on concrete suffered a collapsed lung, chipped tooth, and was released from care after 48 hours.

No there is a limit on the height. For example the highest a cat has been dropped is 32 stories landing on concrete suffered a collapsed lung, chipped tooth, and was released from care after 48 hours.

I thought the reason for that cat's issues were the concrete, and that a cat can land on grass from terminal velocity.

I thought the reason for that cat's issues were the concrete, and that a cat can land on grass from terminal velocity.

I've always read that the only "limit" is actually a lower one; that cats need about 6 or 7 storeys worth of height in order to properly posture themselves for the impact of their own terminal velocity.

That's assuming clear, moderate weather conditions.

Perhaps only Jackson Galaxy knows the real answer.

Jackson-Galaxy-Ambassador-Full1.jpg