The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission] Ambush (Or Sabotage Update?)

Morec0

So with the Grineer turrets incoming and FINALLY shown in action I thought to revive an old Mission idea of mine. Only I couldn't find the post for it. So, here's a new post:

This mission type begins with the player and their team winding their way through the corridors of the Grineer Galleon or Grineer Asteroid tileset (potentially others) to reach a turret room, canons pointing out to the rest of the Grineer fleet in orbit.

What the players have to do then is split into two groups - assuming its a full team, ideally two have to man the turrets and open fire on the nearest Grineer Galleon, the primary target and any Archwing enemies that come close to attack. The other two will have to hold off attacks from ground forces. The struggle being to keep the turrets alive - if one dies there will be others for that player to take control of, but the more turrets you can keep alive the greater your reward will be.

Once a player starts the turret the waves start - like going into the area on Defense or Interception missions - but you're not locked into the turret. You can get out and move around or even form turret to turret at any time - although switching turrets doesn't stop the enemies from attacking your previous one.

This makes solo play POSSIBLE - get out and deal with the ground troops, hop back in and stop the spacecraft - but VERY difficult - like trying to solo a higher-end defense or Interception.

After players have successfully finished off the target Galleon and it blows into oblivion, the players head for extraction.

ALTERNATIVELY!

This could instead function as a Sabotage update, the same events as above going through, and then players having to destroy the core(s) of the ship they're on to take it down with the other ship.

So, thoughts?

Edited by Morec0

Ooooooh this sounds fun!

The sabotage thing sounds like Battlefront 2, but without the space combat.

Maybe in a future raid, both could be combined? 4 on turrets, 4 with Archwings... Yeah.

I considered this being an Archwing mission (or at least starting as on), but decided "nah" because then (imo) it took away a part of the feel of "Oh yeah! I'm turning the enemy's weapons against them" when you were JUST in your own weapon that could be arguably better at taking down those craft.

It's a Foot mission - you find the room, two* guys hope into the turrets to shoot at the target (the Galleon) and attacking Archwing units before they can damage your turret, two* guys take care of the Lancers, Bombards, and the like that stream in from behind them.

*will vary based on team comps

It sounds fun, but idk how comfortable I am with content that screws the solo player. Still you have a point that the turrets could open up a lot of avenues if properly realized.

Bah! Knew I forgot something. The idea in my head was that the players in the turrets AREN'T LOCKED INTO THEM until death, they can leave and move about whenever they will - of course, when one gets into one the defense-like waves start from ground AND space, so getting out of them would post its own threat from space and staying in poses its own threat from ground, but it would still be possible.

Imo, solo play isn't the focus of this game. It's a team game. You can do solo play, but it'll be more difficult - like trying to solo defense.

Imo, solo play isn't the focus of this game. It's a team game. You can do solo play, but it'll be more difficult - like trying to solo defense.

Soloing syndicate defenses requires being more alert than an air traffic controller. So many enemies, so many angles, not enough ammo!

• 2 weeks later...