The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Crashing And Dashboarding

(XBOX)RyanMcnair

Try clearing your MAC address through settings < network < advanced settings < alternate MAC address < clear.

It can help. Also, having two or more gamertags signed on at once can induce all kinds of problems.

How old is your Xbox?

that will not clear it up!

i have "one" xbox1 about a year old and this game crashes daily..

Bzzzzzz and done, back to reloading the entire game. void-regular planets it doesnt matter and my little circle of warframe buddies all have the same issues..

i have an open nat, fairly new modem and gaming router. and i do hard resets to both almost daily.

if i didnt lose everything i collected for every half hour lost, it wouldnt be so bad..

The amount of times the game crashes is no different to how it was before the update, good job DE...

Edit: nope, it's actually WORSE, we can't last 5 minutes in ODS now without the 'Buzzcrash'

You guys need to ask Microsoft for help, because you obviously can't fix this mess of a game now

Edited by (XB1)JON789

The amount of times the game crashes is no different to how it was before the update, good job DE...

Edit: nope, it's actually WORSE, we can't last 5 minutes in ODS now without the 'Buzzcrash'

You guys need to ask Microsoft for help, because you obviously can't fix this mess of a game now

Ran a 20 minute ODS today with no hitches, crashes, or freezes. 

If you can recall the following information it would greatly help further our investigation:

Which node were you in?

How many players in your party?

Which Warframe / weapons were you using? 

Can you remember which Warframes / weapons were used by other players at the time of the crash?

Thanks for you help!

If you can recall the following information it would greatly help further our investigation:

Which node were you in?

Can you remember which Warframes / weapons were used by other players at the time of the crash?

Thanks for you help!

For me, I have been in any game type realy,I've had it crash at the liset while I trade chat. but void missions and dark sector like sechura are the most regular, and as for weapons or frames, I run valkyr most often bUT it's crashed on any frame honestly, and normaly when Im in a crew, we cycle weapons frames and everything normaly so I'm not thinking it's one consistent reason to do with our characters, I myself am not going to be rude like some here about it. But I'm not gonna lie it does get really aggravating

Which node were you in?

Thanks for you help!

A lot of these bugs are connection based, your office connection is probably flawless, and not to mention you are sitting on top of the HQ, so your connection to the games servers will also be improved.

In my experience, these crashes happen more frequently off host and on bad connection.

Which node were you in?

Thanks for you help!

Ok, as i said it was Derelict Survival

There were two of us (both in the UK with good connections)

I was using Chroma with Amprex and Atomos (i think)

It also happened when i was using Nova

My friend was using Hydroid last time and i think he was Ash before that (not sure which weapons as he's stopped playing so i can't ask him)

It also crashes on Dark Sector Survival too (we were Vauban and Hydroid) so maybe Infested related

I hope you can fix it because it seems that all the previous bugs/glitches from before the update are still present.

Edit:

Also as we seem to have your attention i've compiled a small list of issues in the game which if fixed would surely improve the players experience:

- when i use LT to bring up the chat box, whichever menu behind it often also moves when you scroll up and down..and sometimes even on its own

- it STILL freezes sometimes while looking someones profile, and also now in the 'Clan Management' screen

- using LB/RB to switch between loadouts is painfully slow, to the point of not using them anymore (switching characters/weapons for the currently equipped loadout is faster)

- The UI is still slow despite there supposedly being a "significant performance boost"

- the analogue sticks seem to have zero deadzones resulting in characters moving on their own (using an older controller) and difficult to navigate menus

- jumping in a mission often doesn't work (possibly lag related) meaning you often walk straight off a surface you intended to leap from

These are just a few that came to me but i could list more if you'd be interested, they may not seem like "game breakers" but when you add them all together it makes the game a frustrating experience sometimes...and i LOVE your game, it's in a class of its own.

I just want it to work better

Edited by (XB1)JON789

Just crashed again on Caracol, using Chroma and Karak Wraith, only two of us in the squad i think it was wave 7

Edit:

So i loaded it back in with exact same loadout, Caracol again 3 man squad this time, no issues whatsoever. Went to round 30 game was really smooth. I'm no expert but could it be a cache problem? Cleared itself when it crashed before maybe..

Edited by (XB1)JON789

Ok, so after some vigorous testing with one of my more patient clan members, i think i have found a pattern to the events which lead up to the game crashing (buzzing sound and quitting to dashboard)

We played normal various games for an hour or so then went into Caracol and sure enough, it crashed after wave 5.

We jumped straight back into Caracol (exact same loadouts) and got to wave 30 without any problems at all.

We then did some T3 Captures to take advantage of the double credits then went into ODD and once again, it crashed for us both (round 7 i believe)

We loaded back in (same loadouts although different to the Caracol tests) and went to round 20 without any issues and smooth gameplay.

So, what i'm thinking is if you launch the game and go straight into ODD you won't have any issues, is this what you did Megan when you played without any issues?

It does seem to suggest that if you play for a while THEN play on one of the nodes where the crashes have been known to occur; it will crash.

I hope this info helps the developers to maybe find the cause of the problems.

So I suppose there's no way that DE could reset my account with warframe without taking away my progress. I already have been having unplayable crashes since after Tubeman of regor ended to the point that I can't complete any type of mission. I already tried redownloading the game and clearing MAC address. The update actually didnt help. What else could I do?

Ok, so after some vigorous testing with one of my more patient clan members, i think i have found a pattern to the events which lead up to the game crashing (buzzing sound and quitting to dashboard)

We played normal various games for an hour or so then went into Caracol and sure enough, it crashed after wave 5.

We jumped straight back into Caracol (exact same loadouts) and got to wave 30 without any problems at all.

We then did some T3 Captures to take advantage of the double credits then went into ODD and once again, it crashed for us both (round 7 i believe)

We loaded back in (same loadouts although different to the Caracol tests) and went to round 20 without any issues and smooth gameplay.

So, what i'm thinking is if you launch the game and go straight into ODD you won't have any issues, is this what you did Megan when you played without any issues?

It does seem to suggest that if you play for a while THEN play on one of the nodes where the crashes have been known to occur; it will crash.

I hope this info helps the developers to maybe find the cause of the problems.

I did my own testing, 76 crashes in a row on lech kril.

ODD crashed at wave 15 for one, 16 for second, 18 for third, I didnt crash andI was on for hours trading.

Which node were you in?

Thanks for you help!

This has happened many times.

It always happens in a regular and nightmare raid.

With a squad with 5-8 people.

Maybe it has something to do with the raids?

Hey, anyone else have problems loading their game lately? Everytime I load warframe my game freezes and crashes within minutes. Sometimes, right as i enter, the game freezes then crashes. Ive even deleted and redownloaded the game to try and solve the problem but to no avail. Ive also used the xbox troubleshooting help menu but it was no help(thanks microsoft). If anyone has had this problem and has solved this situation please tell me! Also this is on Update 16.7.2 I think or the latest update. Pls Help!

Edit:

Ok, this has gotten out of hand... For a few days everything was in perfect order. Few glitches, maybe some crashing but all was good. Now I can't even stay in the longer then five minutes. Seriously, I log in, go through all the loadout screens, and right as I enter BOOM! Freeze time...I can't put up with this love hate relationship....Maybe I'm overreacting and everything will be good tomorrow but just wanted to say that now I can't even get into the game without it freezing. I'm a crack addict without his coke! Pls Help!

Edited by (XB1)TheKING House7

So after todays "Hot-Fix" i can confirm it STILL crashes in the exact same game modes as before, and despite all my efforts to try and find a pattern in the crashes and maybe discover what leads up to the game breaking bugs present in the game, it's seems they aren't even going to acknowledge my efforts on this thread so it appears my time has been wasted.

Thankyou DE

You're welcome

They added this hot fix and web I tried it out, I thought it had something to do with the frequent crashing. I read its details like every update. It only and I mean ONLY fixed two things...unreleased to this.

They fixed a couple of infested bodies disappearing and the stupid timer for the obstacle course in the dojo not to always say zero. (That last one was long overdue. Too long for me to care anymore though.)

So wtf? They fix two extremely small problems Instead of all of the crashing? Really? It seems they were more focused on removing stuff from thier game then this issue.

They added this hot fix and web I tried it out, I thought it had something to do with the frequent crashing. I read its details like every update. It only and I mean ONLY fixed two things...unreleased to this.

They fixed a couple of infested bodies disappearing and the stupid timer for the obstacle course in the dojo not to always say zero. (That last one was long overdue. Too long for me to care anymore though.)

So wtf? They fix two extremely small problems Instead of all of the crashing? Really? It seems they were more focused on removing stuff from thier game then this issue.

Console Hotfixes are generally for small things that we can fix right away without the need for a new build.

Performance fixes take a much larger amount of time to reproduce, test, and then fix. That's not to say our Performance Team isn't hard at work trying to fix these crash reports; in fact it's at the top of their list. The more information the community can give us on how these crashes occur, the more efficient our team can work towards finding a fix.

With that being said, we aim to have plenty of performance fixes in major updates for consoles.