Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Good Or Something Bad?

Zalgo626

How's the idea on having a Workshop for the game so we could explore more creativity from others? 

Would it be a good thing? Or a bad thing for it?

Tbh, in my opinion it should be a good thing, 'cause it'll expand the creativity for the community of Warframe so they can make things that they would love to create either now, or in the future.

If you give content creating ability to the community, you will soon end up with naked female frames ( maybe even naked Rhino ), furries running everywhere, worst kind of bizzare fandomes added, offensive creations etc.

Maybe, but the thought is on what if...? What if that doesn't happen, sure it'll happen but would that be allowed in Steam? Surely there has to be restrictions in some games that have workshops.

Maybe, but the thought is on what if...? What if that doesn't happen, sure it'll happen but would that be allowed in Steam? Surely there has to be restrictions in some games that have workshops.

Also, there is issue with running the game with someone who got different addons than you.

Also, there is issue with running the game with someone who got different addons than you.

That's in Garry's Mod. In some of the few games I've played that had a Workshop,  you couldn't see the mods that they have and neither did them have the ability to see yours.

My opinion to add a workshop like feature and a 3d viewer program for the community to try to make contents and test their creativity is basicaly a good idea. I am not affraid for this doable or not because the last words on any content is the DE rights and before could the community vote up then the DC vote the most useful ideas. 

If there is a fixed content category and restrictions what not be tolerated then peoples won't make 3 headed 5 boobed frames and naked pinguins.

All is just the able/not able thingy others just the creative parts.

In the workshop could be the following : Warframes (draws,concepts,3dmodels) , weapons (same) , sentinels/companions, map designs, abilities. 

After these criterias just the right and well talented peoples could make enough good content which can fit into the game universe. The less talented peoples or whom just want do one part can cooperate with others and polishing future contents.

Pros - creativity can really material, less work for the devs (they can spend more time to other contents/fixes), peoples can share their ideas.

Cons - everything restricted in a way with option to regret.

That's all feel free to continue.

Pros - creativity can really material, less work for the devs (they can spend more time to other contents/fixes), peoples can share their ideas.

It's not less work for the devs, because they cannot possibly get enough people to use it without a built in reward, which would never be proportionate to the real difficulty.

It's not less work for the devs, because they cannot possibly get enough people to use it without a built in reward, which would never be proportionate to the real difficulty.

Indeed. I just honestly think that Warframe should have a Workshop, it is doable. Even if it is stuck on console. There's always some way to make it so people can show their creations from their imagination.