The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Mark Questions

(XBOX)G R A V O C

Question

Thank you for all the help on my old question guys! After all has been answered, here is my finally question regarding the stalker -

So is each boss a separate mark? Or are they all the same?

Here is an example of what I mean. Let's say I kill the Sargeant and get marked afterwards. Now let's say I am playing with someone who hasn't been marked by fighting the Sargeant, but is marked by let's say the Jackal. If I play with that player, will it still be 1.5% + 0.5%? Or will it still just be 1.5% since we were marked by different bosses?

I ask this, because last night I farmed every single boss in the game (excluding the non-marking ones) until each and every one of them sent me a mail with "Your actions have consequences...." So my mail box is exploding with the stalker. I did this so I could theoretically maximize my spawn chances with anyone I play with, since almost everyone is bound to be marked by some boss.

Is this correct? Or did I waste my time farming all the bosses for the mail?

Edited by (XB1)G R A V O C

15 answers to this question

Truly, we don't know the answer to most of these.

It's conjecture, but yes, it appears more players in your squad with a mark make for higher spawn chance. 

You may only have a single mark from a boss at any one time, and all of these marks accumulate, but if they have an effect on overall spawn chance, we don't know.

I believe it was the Stalker will not spawn for those MR2 and below. The stalker cannot spawn on Assassination mission types. 

Only one mark is consumed when the Stalker appears, and only from the player who was contacted.

Edit: The Stalker and other assassin types will only spawn in the first five minutes of a mission (apart from the G3 in the LoR).

I think that the spawn rate is something like 1.5% if solo, 4% with someone, 7.5% in a group of three and 12% in a full cell. That's if everyone has the Stalker mark and are eligible (Warframes rank 5 or more I think it was).

There are those rumors about having to have low conclave, or bringing up things that we are ranking up, and certain mission type.

I usually play mobile defense in the solar system or capture in the void (these two I have had him spawn even 3 times in a row) and I know people also think Invasion is a good mission type (yet I think there's an even bigger chance for G3 and ZH to spawn there than Stalker, maybe because the noise we make?).

As a closer note, I think Mobile Defense is the best one because people can't rush (doing capture) or invest too much time into the mission (invasion). Even through Defense and Survival are 2 modes that also share this feature, they are endless missions and leaving in the first chance is more seemed like a waste of time since you could (most of the time) have played a lot longer (specially in low level endless types)

Good luck, 150 Stalker Kills and not a single Hate.

*snip*

Good luck, 150 Stalker Kills and not a single Hate.

That is because the Stalker can only drop what you do not feel, and that is why he drops the despair, because you still hold hope for your HATE.

Edited by Arunasoul

That is because the Stalker can only drop what you do not feel, and that is why he drops the despair, because you still hold hope for your HATE.

I have had 12 despair blueprints and over 40 dread blueprints. If one day I win the Hate I will like take a thousand pictures, post them into one thread into the forum. Right now its my only thing to achieve, that and the Machete Wraith (since I mysteriously lost it).

I think that the spawn rate is something like 1.5% if solo, 4% with someone, 7.5% in a group of three and 12% in a full cell. That's if everyone has the Stalker mark and are eligible (Warframes rank 5 or more I think it was).

It's 1.5% + 0.5% per cell member.

Sometimes I wonder if having more marks gives you a higher chance, because I have killed tons of bosses (enough that I'm not sure no matter how long I play that I'll ever lose all my marks), but rarely do invasions. The Grustrag Three and Zanuka almost never show up, but the Stalker comes after me all the time. 

However, I don't think there's any evidence that killing more bosses and getting more Stalker marks actually makes him more likely to spawn. There are also rumors lower conclave ratings will help him appear. Neither of these things are confirmed though. 

Also I see him all the time, but he always drops Blind Justice for me lol. My luck with Stalker is very sad. 

To answer your questions:
1. Once you get your Mark that is it, killing more bosses will not increase the chance.

2. Staking and boss order doesn't apply due to answer #1

3. When the Stalker appears only the target he is hunting (he will say to that person) loses the mark.

4. To my knowledge nodes and mastery don't matter at all.

5. Party helps IF they are marked as well. If you have a mark there is a 2.5% chance for him to spawn (I'm not sure on the number there)If another person in the part has a mark, then it becomes 5%, another 7.5%, and if all 4 people have the mark 10% (even if the numbers aren't right the same math applies). Solo Farming means you'll have the lowest possible odds of getting him to spawn. Also if you get downed thats it. In a group, the person getting hunted can run around and hide while the others kill the stalker.

To most easily get the stalker to appear, run missions with your whole team marked. Running as a Team is best.

Some other Tidbits:

- Stalker Spawns some time within the first 5 minutes of the mission (don't finish it to fast) if he doesn't spawn, just finish the mission and run again.

- Stalker doesn't spawn if other hunters spawn, G3, Harvester, or Syndicates (I'm not totally certain on Syndicates)

- The lights flicker when he is about to appear.

- Juggernaut and Manic do not prevent the Stalker from appearing.

- Stalker can appear on any faction's mission types, including Infested and Void.

- If the person the Stalker is hunting gets downed (bleeding out) the Stalker turns invul and leaves, you get no reward. The person he was hunting still loses the mark, other team members don't

- You can be marked by G3, Harvester and Stalker at the same time, these do not affect the odds of each other appearing.

Edited by Lightsmith

Upon being marked for death, the target Tenno will receive an in-game message from Stalker. After this message is received, the game will calculate Stalker's chance to spawn in a given mission according to the following formula:

Spawn Chance = 1.5% + (0.5% × P); P = Number of Cell members.

Edited by (PS4)Ultro-Warrior

Thanks for all the answers guys. Really helps!

I have one final question though...

Here is an example of what I mean. Let's say I kill the Sargeant and get marked afterwards. Now let's say I am playing with someone who hasn't been marked by fighting the Sargeant, but is marked by let's say the Jackal. If I play with that player, will it still be 1.5% + 0.5%? Or will it still just be 1.5% since we were marked by different bosses?

I ask this, because last night I farmed every single boss in the game (excluding the non-marking ones) until each and every one of them sent me a mail with "Your actions have consequences...." So my mail box is exploding with the stalker. I did this so I could theoretically maximize my spawn chances with anyone I play with, since almost everyone is bound to be marked by some boss.

Whichever boss you assassinate,  you will receive a message on your inbox and thus you get marked. Stalker death marks stack/accumulate so your death mark will not disappear even if you meet him once. It will only vanish once you encounter him the X amount of times you got marked. (I'm not sure about Grustrag 3 and Harvester but I can confirm this for Stalker)

However this does not imply that the chances for Stalker spawn increases. And yes, it does not matter if the player got death mark from killing Jackal or Sergeant. All that counts is the death mark itself so your overall Stalker spawn chance will increase if you are in a squad with people who also have the said death marks.

It is all the same mark, brother.

Same Mark, once you get marked by killing a boss there is no point in killing other bosses (as it relates to stalker)