The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Mountable Turret, When Can We Expect Mountable Mech Suits?

elele

Just once again: congrats: you've got a massive mech that clearly took a lot of effort to model and animate and you're stuck in the same room as you were in from moments before because the damn things too big to get anywhere else.

So, basically, you have a more-expensive-to-make turret.

Plus I still don't see these things fitting in with the game theme, as others have pointed out.

I'm alright with the enemies having them.

I welcome larger enemies.

It doesn't even make sense for Grineer/Corpus/Orokin to use weak sauce infantry when we can slaughter a ship full of hundreds of their soldiers.

The only real answer is tanks.

I'm alright with the enemies having them.

I welcome larger enemies.

It doesn't even make sense for Grineer/Corpus/Orokin to use weak sauce infantry when we can slaughter a ship full of hundreds of their soldiers.

The only real answer is tanks.

"KLEM! I can't get the tank across the catwalk!"

"Well why did you bring it then???"

A Grineer tank as a boss WOULD be damn cool, though. Anything other than that, though, is a little unfeasible as far as the game goes. And the Corpus can just build bigger, meaner robotics - heck, I WELCOME bigger, meaner robotics! Give them a mech-bear for Profit's sake!

Edited by Morec0

Just once again: congrats: you've got a massive mech that clearly took a lot of effort to model and animate and you're stuck in the same room as you were in from moments before because the damn things too big to get anywhere else.

Errr... Warframe has outdoor missions too.  

Why not mecha on say Phobos:  room to move, big Grineer units requiring more firepower than a regular boring Warframe, or assault installations.

And it's criminal the so-called mecha fans haven't mentioned FROM Software's games, from before they went emo and soulsy!  

edit: LordPuck mentioned AC, sorry

Edited by (PS4)Stinja

Why not mecha on say Phobos: room to move, big Grineer units requiring more firepower than a regular boring Warframe, or assault installations.

And it's criminal the so-called mecha fans haven't mentioned FROM Software's games, from before they went emo and soulsy!

The warframe outdoors aren't really large.

It's a cool idea, but they would have to spend a lot of time making a new tile set for it, and they already have their hands full with ze Sentients.

Think about it. We have never really fought the Grineer regular army, we just ambush a few marines. The Grineer are probably the mightiest military force in human history. And going head on is not the Tenno style. We have been fighting mostly epsilon and delta level clones. Image fighting whole squads of dudes in Grineer power suits like the G3 or Lech Kril plus support equipment. But it would be cool to see. Maybe we will see the extent of the Grineer navy when the sentients come back to the origin system. Then we will learn the Tenno were a failure and the Grinner are the true saviors of the human race. Hail to the queens.

i see, U 17, the new warframe, the new prime pack etc. is more then needed :P

Now this look Good! This is an idea that I would support!

no good idea, only founders will be able to get the excal-prime-godzilla ,-)

Edited by Khampa

Why not mecha on say Phobos:  room to move, big Grineer units requiring more firepower than a regular boring Warframe, or assault installations.

edit: LordPuck mentioned AC, sorry

I miss Armored Core.... played the original remastered version on the PS1... good times...

This whuold be an great idea, but they need to be something light and easily to walk around in, something maybe, if the Arcwing but it folds into itself and makes it an Arc-mech or an Mech-Wing

you mean actually putting archwing to good use?  we don't want to ruin the track record of it being as bad as it is!

I think there could be a use for a couple different types of small mechs. Corpus piloted machines and maybe some clunky Grineer walkers based on the Vey Hek Frame.

That would be a fun enemy type. Something big, tough and clunky providing fire support and soaking up damage. Maybe make it so you can only damage it in specific places, similar to how Sargus Ruk works. After dealing some damage, it might go into a stunned stage when you can do a "finisher" which allows your Warframe to rip open the cockpit and toss the pilot out and take control. It doesn't have to be limited by time or energy, but it would take damage until you had to automatically leap out and the mech would be destroyed. It is pretty ninja to use warmachines against their own creators.