The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Rework : Press "e" To Win

Wargasm_v2.X

He isn't overpowered at all. At lower levels he will tear through enemies with ease, but at the higher levels Exalted Blade really starts to drop-off.

Excuse me, what are higher levels? Because the one i had in my team 1-hit-killed Wave 40 enemies in a T4 defense.

His OP as fck now. The only thing that calms me down is that they are going to uber-buff Frost as well.

Being "over the top" is sort of one of the selling points of the game, you know, what with Tenno being Space Magic Parkour Ninjas, not your standard FPS Space Marines (those are the Grineer who are "over the top" in their own way).

You might argue if the Exalted Blade waves need to be nerfed or not - either damage or punchtrough - but there's no reason to totally remove them unless you are an enemy of people having fun.

And experience has taught me to be very suspicious of nerfing rebalancing things in Warframe. If DE does decide to listen to the nerf crowd, they often take it too far to please people who can never be pleased enough.

Let the current Excalibur stay as it is.

Yet again that silly argument "you're against having fun!". This forum is a wonderful source of cheap propaganda tactics, like demonizing other people taking part in the debate. Although, in this case you were a bit overzealous - because I have never stated that waves need to be removed. Nerfed, yes, but not removed. Skim through the thread at least, before posting.  

Yup DE makes bad decisions. Not a reason to stop trying to balance the game. Edison failed thousands of times before making a light bulb. 

No, technically it's conjuring. Summoning would be calling a living being, conjuring is creating / calling an object.

for example in oblivion it's the same school of magic, but ok, you won the nitpicking, touche

BUT summoning undead is not summoning a living being

Edited by Pro3Display

I get that you dig the Japanese lore flavor, but lore < balance in a multiplayer game. Waves are over the top, as simple as that. 

And tell me, do those legendary swordsmen from Japanese legends hide behind walls, trees, crates etc. like pansies while using kamaitachi?

Who cares? A guy named after a sword of legends shooting waves makes sense anyway and looks cool. It's either they do this or deal with the garbage combos like Hysteria...

Besides, sword waves are a refreshing approach to shooting...

And are you calling those players legendary swordsman?

Excuse me, what are higher levels? Because the one i had in my team 1-hit-killed Wave 40 enemies in a T4 defense.

His OP as fck now. The only thing that calms me down is that they are going to uber-buff Frost as well.

It's time they "uber-buff" everything including enemies so they counter all the spam thrown at them.

Who cares? A guy named after a sword of legends shooting waves makes sense anyway and looks cool. It's either they do this or deal with the garbage combos like Hysteria...

Besides, sword waves are a refreshing approach to shooting...

And are you calling those players legendary swordsman?

I'd rather they use this opportunity to polish their melee system more (e.g. combos with better pay-off that are superior to E mashing), instead of turning a melee weapon into a gun. Then again charge attacks are coming back. 

Nope, just pointing out that the "lore justifies it" is a finicky argument, especially since there is little lore to begin with.

Makes sense, why not? :)

Great idea for Easter event. 

Damage is good. Maybe it needs fixing for the damage dropoff others mentioned. However, the waves need to be blocked by the environment. Seriously, whenever I have an excal in my team I just trying to kill things.

Yet again that silly argument "you're against having fun!". This forum is a wonderful source of cheap propaganda tactics, like demonizing other people taking part in the debate. 

It isn't really intended as demonizing, just that I'm having great fun with the new Excalibur, waves included (and I don't think I'm the only one), so I'm calling people wanting to remove them what it would be for me.

Although, in this case you were a bit overzealous - because I have never stated that waves need to be removed. Nerfed, yes, but not removed.

My apologies, I assumed you meant the very existence of waves to be what's "over the top", not just their current strength.

Nope, just pointing out that the "lore justifies it" is a finicky argument, especially since there is little lore to begin with.

It works as a counterargument against those who try to claim that the waves are against the lore or theme of Excalibur.

Edited by IronRoby

It isn't really intended as demonizing, just that I'm having great fun with the new Excalibur, waves included (and I don't think I'm the only one), so I'm calling people wanting to remove them what it would be for me.

My apologies, I assumed you meant the very existence of waves to be what's "over the top", not just their current strength.

It works as a counterargument against those who try to claim that the waves are against the lore or theme of Excalibur.

Fair enough. I'm having fun with him too btw. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way, is that I have a lightsaber in my hand and I don't get to hit anything with it, unless I go to T4 and wait 30-35 min. And even then RB + waves beats the sword itself. Underwhelming, no?  

Edited by tisdfogg

Fair enough. I'm having fun with him too btw. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way, is that I have a lightsaber in my hand and I don't get to hit anything with it, unless I go to T4 and wait 30-35 min. And even then RB + waves bets the sword itself. Underwhelming, no?  

That could maybe be solved by making the right mouse button fire the waves, so players would get to choose.

It's not like you need to be able to hold/switch block with Exalted Blade on anyway and RMB is only used one time in one of the eight combos in the Exalted Blade stance, which I think can afford to have one wave slotted into the combo.

Edited by IronRoby

I'd rather they use this opportunity to polish their melee system more (e.g. combos with better pay-off that are superior to E mashing), instead of turning a melee weapon into a gun. Then again charge attacks are coming back. 

They are far more concerned with other things to bother with polishing melee, Archwing and many others so this is as good as it gets...

The current EB combos are slow and pointless.

Without waves, it would be the worse 4th in the game. Another typical blade that could've been a weapon for all Tenno.

There's nothing special about Hysteria other than Invulnerability. It simply looks cool but plays like trash and all the combos are the same. What a waste.

Much like EB, spamming E is the only way to make the best of it while being slow as a turtle. That's the only joy you get from it.

Edited by Jinryusai

Much like EB, spamming E is the only way to make the best of it while being slow as a turtle. That's the only joy you get from it.

That's unfortunately how most forum complaints end up like, always looking at what's immediate and saying "It can kill! Nerf it!".

Some are complaning about the E spam, do you know what's the reason behind it? Because that's arguably the best way to play it, sure the ability has combos but they are useless, the waves are clearly the main feature of the ability but at best the combos alter their angle and that's it (arguably making them less useful). If you're going to implement a combo into an ability then make those combos worth doing, I suggest that the behaviour of the waves in EB is altered by whatever combo you perform so that none of them is an end-all-be-all wave, each one having their own distinct advantages and disadvantages to encourage the use of variety and avoid blind E spam.

Yes.

Now give a reason.

Because Excalibur crawled up from that dark dank hole of obscurity only to be kicked down back into the hole by people who haven't even bothered actually playing the frame long enough to see the weakness of the frame. You have played Excalibur into the late game, you know that his waves can kill garbage mobs easily and tickle the S#&amp;&#036; out of heavy units.

Because Excalibur crawled up from that dark dank hole of obscurity only to be kicked down back into the hole by people who haven't even bothered actually playing the frame long enough to see the weakness of the frame. You have played Excalibur into the late game, you know that his waves can kill garbage mobs easily and tickle the S#&$ out of heavy units.

Late game? Which would be? Wave 5000?

As i said, we had an ex in a T4 defense - pretty fckn late game i would guess - and he still 1-2-hit-killed elite mobs at wave 40.

Yeah, so low damage, much wow. A warframe dealing more damage than a 6-forma-Opticor with basically 0 energy cost? Yeah, right.

Point is - he is the only frame capable of that. Either make other frames as strong, or nerf him.

Edited by Kasseopea

Yes.

Now give a reason.

Because it stems from the reason the combos don't have any meaning to use. They dont produce any different size or shape waves vs spamming e and they're harder to perform.

Infact, exalted blade shows why combos need to be looked at on a whole.

Late game? Which would be? Wave 5000?

As i said, we had an ex in a T4 defense - pretty fckn late game i would guess - and he still 1-2-hit-killed elite mobs at wave 40.

Yeah, so low damage, much wow. A warframe dealing more damage than a 6-forma-Opticor with basically 0 energy cost? Yeah, right.

Point is - he is the only frame capable of that. Either make other frames as strong, or nerf him.

Frost abilities such as snowglobe and freeze have chance to shatter foes frozen foes which will instantly kill them if the devstream is accurate.

So yes, DE is doing that.

Edited by Buzkyl

Because it stems from the reason the combos don't have any meaning to use. They dont produce any different size or shape waves vs spamming e and they're harder to perform.

Infact, exalted blade shows why combos need to be looked at on a whole.

Combos are a whole deferent theme, one that will not be adressed by DE ever, because it would mean they would have to rework them and give us Melee 3.0

Problem is - most combos are almost stationary. Hmm, what do you not want to be in a high-lv mission? Let me thing. I guess...stationary? So yeah, that double-backflip-spin-slash-kick looked awesome, sorry to inform you that meanwhile a bombard gave you a rocket for a gag-ball and you are dead.