Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour 2.5 True Freedom Of Movement.. (Wall Run+ Faster Paced/more Fluid Wall Jumping+ Wall Latching = True Freedom Of Movement And Perfect Mobility

As the title suggests I recently saw the preview of the new parkour 2.0 system that will be in place soon. Here are some of my general thoughts and feedback regarding it.

-Wall hopping/wall skipping looks okay I guess but it needs better polish and maybe faster pace to make the wall hop/skip seem more ninja like and fluid in terms of movement.

-I truly like wall latching it adds another dimension to how we can choose to approach enemies or situations and it further adds tools in our mobility kit

-Why not keep wall running as well along with adding faster paced more fluid and seamless wall jumping and wall hatch that way we have more options for mobility instead of just relying on wall hopping which in the early preview stages looks a bit clunky and needs further polish as it seems really slow paced and out of place in the fast paced game modes that we are already accustomed to.

- For example we can keep wall running by holding shift or sprinting in walls and by tapping shift multiple times trigger the wall jump vertically or horizontally and by pressing ctrl you can then latch/cling to walls.

-Keep melee air attacks/melee coptering but lessen distance covered or make it a fixed distance covered they are fun mechanics that players love to use and make us feel ninja like.

Edited by --.B.--HARDCOREDAVE-

Reminder that players who prefer to go fast never want to remove slow players wanting to explore by asking DE to set a timer of 3 seconds to move through a room else they will get disconnected.

So why are there slow people wanting to remove fast players by asking DE to remove coptering?

I would prefer a speed boost during mobility, so its not just one speed all around. Like jumping off walls onto ground should give an obvious response: force from wall goes into horizontal force.

Reminder that players who prefer to go fast never want to remove slow players wanting to explore by asking DE to set a timer of 3 seconds to move through a room else they will get disconnected.

So why are there slow people wanting to remove fast players by asking DE to remove coptering?

Yes I mean it should be our choice on how we want to move if we want to go fast we should be able to use the new parkour system to go fast but from the looks of the preview its moving to go slow not to mention it will still have bugs. I like the wall jumping but they should increase its speed or make it a bit more fast paced i mean even if they do that its still possible that we have a degree of control over our movements and at the same time keep our wall running.

The New system will be better, even if we are slower. I prefer control over random unreliable speed.

It's not random, you go faster the sooner you hit melee on jumping-slide. Hitting the melee right at the same time of jumping results in greatest distance speed. You can pull quick turning and sharp U-turn by hitting the key mid-air. Mastering it and this easily becomes one of the more entertaining race among your peer, kinda feel like choosing your car based on top speed, turn speed, jump speed, number of turns per airbourne etc.

This is also why coptermasters enjoy playing the game so much despite how repetitive the game is. The grind is always the same mesa-mag, but the map generation and the race is never the same.

The New system will be better, even if we are slower. I prefer control over random unreliable speed.

I'm not saying I dislike the new system. I'm saying we should incorporate speed along with the so called more fluid wall jumping system as it looks okay and controlled but it looks really slow majority of us has already been used to warframe's fast paced battle system so why not build it around that? Since it is what makes warframe unique among other games because of "IT'S FAST PACED COMBAT SYSTEM". We can still have control over our mobility and not rely on coptering and other super go fast methods all I'm asking is that they make the wall jumping a bit faster paced and more FLUID as it looks realy slugish and clunky as of its early development stages.

At the same time I also want them to retain wall running and incorporate wall latching cause having more options to choose as mobility tools is generally BETTER than having less OPTIONS and relying on bunny hopping its like when it becomes the new META people will complain again that people are wall hopping too much pls nerf. Thats the mentality of this community they dislike metas getting popular thats the reason why air directional melee and gotta go fast players developed haters in this community in the first place its a bit selfish mentality. That is why to balance it I suggested:

-Wall hopping/wall skipping looks okay I guess but it needs better polish and maybe faster pace to make the wall hop/skip seem more ninja like and fluid in terms of movement.

-I truly like wall latching it adds another dimension to how we can choose to approach enemies or situations and it further adds tools in our mobility kit

-Why not keep wall running as well along with adding faster paced more fluid and seamless wall jumping and wall hatch that way we have more options for mobility instead of just relying on wall hopping which in the early preview stages looks a bit clunky and needs further polish as it seems really slow paced and out of place in the fast paced game modes that we are already accustomed to.

- For example we can keep wall running by holding shift or sprinting in walls and by tapping shift multiple times trigger the wall jump vertically or horizontally and by pressing ctrl you can then latch/cling to walls.

-Keep melee air attacks/melee coptering but lessen distance covered or make it a fixed distance covered they are fun mechanics that players love to use and make us feel ninja like.

These suggestions give more options that cater to both "GOTTA GO FAST PLAYERS AND I JUST WANT TO EXPLORE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS PLAYERS".

No please.

And how its supposed to "feel ninja" flying with your melee weapon?

I would be okay if they make a really BIG limit on distance, fixing the unnecesary speed and distance with that...

But not how is it now... Overshadow the parkour system, and overshadow people who use parkour, and choose different melee weapons.

Edited by Grimlock-

It's not random, you go faster the sooner you hit melee on jumping-slide. Hitting the melee right at the same time of jumping results in greatest distance speed. You can pull quick turning and sharp U-turn by hitting the key mid-air. Mastering it and this easily becomes one of the more entertaining race among your peer, kinda feel like choosing your car based on top speed, turn speed, jump speed, number of turns per airbourne etc.

This is also why coptermasters enjoy playing the game so much despite how repetitive the game is. The grind is always the same mesa-mag, but the map generation and the race is never the same.

Agreed its not random knowing how to properly mod and utilize melee and not only rely on coptering and air directional melee but also on frong flipping sliding wall launching with melee was indeed what separates mobility masters from the rest of the players since as avalona stated everything in this game is the same anyway the grind, the meta, the rng etc. It's just boils down on how you want to approach a situation if you want to resolve or destroy enemies as quickly as possible or savor the experience of doing so but it should still be "OUR CHOICE ON WHAT PACE WE WOULD LIKE TO SET THE GAME IN".

No please.

I'm not saying people should RELY on it heck there are so many options you can travel with the new system why can't DE just imrpove the speed of travel using wall jumping to compensate for slower or SHORTER RANGE air melee attacks you see the problem is not the system its the people that abuse it I personally use front flip air melee then wall run do I rely purely on air melee? NO we should have the choice of what mobility option we choose to use. And that is why I said TUNE DOWN THE AIR MELEE ATTACKS AND COPTERING did I say i want to fly like superman with it? NO right? I said that i wanted faster wall jumping so I can travel using it but still BE ABLE TO ATTACK AND MOVE WHILE IN AIR. I'm actually promoting the use of FASTER PACED MORE FLUID WALL JUMPING+ WALL RUNNING+ WALL CLINGING+ SHORTER RANGE MELEE AIR ATTACKS (so that people don't rely on it too much and use the wall jumping more) + (shorter distance coptering). And it feels ninja because being able to do all that is NINJA.

So when u guys doing some killing any of this going to be useful?

Not really.  In non-infested missions you will get instant killed for wall sticking.  In infested missions, ancients will pull you down. In high end content, running up to an enemy to try to jump on its head is the dumbest thing you could ever do.  Where as before, you could just copter over their heads and shoot them in the back and keep moving around the room like so to stop from getting instant killed by the Grineer or corrupted's stupid good aiming.

But with the upcoming movement system, you can fly with more fluid feel, and fixed distance/speed, more control on where you want to go and how...

You can't call that flying at all.  In Parkour 2.slow you can bunny hop up walls.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

I'm not saying I dislike the new system. I'm saying we should incorporate speed along with the so called more fluid wall jumping system as it looks okay and controlled but it looks really slow majority of us has already been used to warframe's fast paced battle system so why not build it around that? Since it is what makes warframe unique among other games because of "IT'S FAST PACED COMBAT SYSTEM". We can still have control over our mobility and not rely on coptering and other super go fast methods all I'm asking is that they make the wall jumping a bit faster paced and more FLUID as it looks realy slugish and clunky as of its early development stages.

At the same time I also want them to retain wall running and incorporate wall latching cause having more options to choose as mobility tools is generally BETTER than having less OPTIONS and relying on bunny hopping its like when it becomes the new META people will complain again that people are wall hopping too much pls nerf. Thats the mentality of this community they dislike metas getting popular thats the reason why air directional melee and gotta go fast players developed haters in this community in the first place its a bit selfish mentality. That is why to balance it I suggested:

These suggestions give more options that cater to both "GOTTA GO FAST PLAYERS AND I JUST WANT TO EXPLORE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS PLAYERS".

Not really.  In non-infested missions you will get instant killed for wall sticking.  In infested missions, ancients will pull you down. In high end content, running up to an enemy to try to jump on its head is the dumbest thing you could ever do.  Where as before, you could just copter over their heads and shoot them in the back and keep moving around the room like so to stop from getting instant killed by the Grineer or corrupted's stupid good aiming.

Exactly my point some of the more flashy fluid things they shown have yet to be proven useful in end game content.

Kaginawa, ever heard of it? Ninja use this baby to climb, glide, rappel, swing across, and scale anything.

*quotes*

That's precisely the point of leaving the coptering in.

The more choices people have, the better everything is.

Would you like to live in a location with access to bus-skytrain-highway? or will you choose a location with only access to road? of course you will pick the first choice, you can choose skytrain to get to work if traffic turned standstill. The more choices, the better.

Leave the copter in, don't limit the choices players can make. Why would you want to completely remove something no less than half good portion of players thoroughly enjoy when you can leave it in and let player decide?

But with the upcoming movement system, you can fly with more fluid feel, and fixed distance/speed, more control on where you want to go and how...

"Fly with more fluid feel"

Not what I'd call hopping on wall like kangaroos, hell they hop much better than we do. Honestly I don't mind coptering going away but the feeling of agility and speed is definitely lacking with the parkour 2.0's purely hopping and jump based system.

Kaginawa, ever heard of it? Ninja use this baby to climb, glide, rappel, swing across, and scale anything.

I'm not sure that's exactly a good comparison, considering ninja didn't use grappling hooks to fly through the air at mach speed without touching a single surface.  

That's precisely the point of leaving the coptering in.

The more choices people have, the better everything is.

Would you like to live in a location with access to bus-skytrain-highway? or will you choose a location with only access to road? of course you will pick the first choice, you can choose skytrain to get to work if traffic turned standstill. The more choices, the better.

Leave the copter in, don't limit the choices players can make. Why would you want to completely remove something no less than half good portion of players thoroughly enjoy when you can leave it in and let player decide?

Yes we agree on the same matter more mobility choices and toned down coptering and air melee attacks so that those ANTI-COPTER PLAYERS can be happy as well.

"Fly with more fluid feel"

Not what I'd call hopping on wall like kangaroos, hell they hop much better than we do. Honestly I don't mind coptering going away but the feeling of agility and speed is definitely lacking with the parkour 2.0's purely hopping and jump based system.

Yes that fluid fast paced parkour feel is very much lacking with the preview.

I'm not sure that's exactly a good comparison, considering ninja didn't use grappling hooks to fly through the air at mach speed without touching a single surface.  

They also didn't run around in space with rocket launchers and lasers while wearing latex catsuits. 10-o are based more on anime ninja than real life shinobi.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

You're playing the game where your ninja use guns, rocket launchers, electrified sword, explosive polearm, knuckles that launch things airbourne for 20m when struck, laser, weapon platform that shoot localised gravitational field, gun that shoot flying sawblade, pocket dimension, shoot fire from their hands, capable of flight, move around in space, stopping pure molecular movement, vaporise any atom, supercharging needle into a freakin' railgun, stop time, rip through fabric of reality, control power of antimatter etc

and you're saying moving around a room at faster speed isn't "realistic"?

^ This

Because nobody has ever said we need faster sprint speeds and movements~

No please.

I would be okay if they make a really BIG limit on distance, fixing the unnecesary speed and distance with that...

But not how is it now... Overshadow the parkour system, and overshadow people who use parkour, and choose different melee weapons.

Have you never seen movies like crouching tiger hidden dragon and similar things? Granted i'm not sure if they all had ninjas but there are movies that do. But even as an avid copter lord...I will agree being able to copter about 2 full rooms is a bit..much if not hilarious even now~

Ninjas also didn't use power armor, fight infected enemies, beam swords, massive guns etc. When people start picking out whats possible and not...it kinda all falls down xD~

Wall hopping looks hella ugly, imo. It looks and feels clunky and slow, and while it provides more maneuverability, it just doesn't have the speed that we all love. I feel that the parkour system we have now is fine, and the only features we need here are wall-latching, changing direction, vaulting from wall to wall, and changing the height of the wallrun. You know, those features from an earlier devstream which Rebecca showed.