The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riddle Time

Zurion

The riddle is cool, but unless you're a native english speaker, it's hard to get it. And I'm not :)

And yes, your answer is correct. Lemme find the next riddle. I'm running out of them.

14. A very wealthy businessman on his deathbed had 2 sons. Because of his cutthroat business nature, He decided to leave his inheritance to only one son. He decides that the 2 sons must have a camel race across the desert. However, whoever has the slower camel will be rewarded the inheritance. Both brothers wander the desert for days avoiding the finish line. After several more days they find a hut in the middle of the desert, inside is a cheiftain. The brothers tell the chieftain about the race and the chieftain gives them some advice. After receiving the advice the 2 brothers ran to the 2 camels and raced to the finish line. What advice did the chieftain give to these 2 brothers that made them charge to the finish line?

understandable.

And as for this one, Ive ehard of it, or atleast read it somewhere, but I forget lol.  Need some time to think about it.

EDIT:  Did they just tie?  That way, there is no slower, or faster, person?

Edited by Law_Abiding_Engineer

They were both given each others camels... they swapped camels. As the father said the slowest camel wins.

Correct. This comunity is too good for my riddles :)

Here goes the next one:

15. There was something that plagued the United States of America (this is important). The last know death caused by this was in 1951. What is it? (some research may be needed and remember, in the United States)

Correct. This comunity is too good for my riddles :)

Here goes the next one:

15. There was something that plagued the United States of America (this is important). The last know death caused by this was in 1951. What is it? (some research may be needed and remember, in the United States)

If I remember my history right, it was the Influenza Outbreak...I dont remember which strand.

Old age could no longer be used as a cause of death on a death certificate as of 1951.

Correct again :)  I laughed a bit when I first found this riddle :p

16. You are in a room with 4 plugs labeled a, b, c, and d next to 4 outlets. In the next room attached to the 4 wires is 4 light bulbs labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4. You are allowed to look in the room with the lights only once, however you can do anything to the plugs and take as long as you want. Only looking once, can you determine which plug is attached to which light?

Correct again :)  I laughed a bit when I first found this riddle :p

16. You are in a room with 4 plugs labeled a, b, c, and d next to 4 outlets. In the next room attached to the 4 wires is 4 light bulbs labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4. You are allowed to look in the room with the lights only once, however you can do anything to the plugs and take as long as you want. Only looking once, can you determine which plug is attached to which light?

Actually, I think its only possible to do that with three bulbs and one switch but Ill expalin.

You flip one switch on and leave it on, you take another switch and flip it on for a long time, and then flip it off, and then you go check on the bulbs.  If the bulb is on, then its the one switch that was left on.  If the bulb is hot, but off, then it was the enxt switch, and if the bulb is cold and off, then it was the switch after that.

However, with your case, you added one more switch and 3 more bulbs.  So, for the last switch, you leave it on for a short time and then go check in the other room.  If you did everything else prior to that, then one bulb will be on, one bulb will be off and very hot, another wil be off and warm, and the final bulb will be off and cold

Actually, I think its only possible to do that with three bulbs and one switch but Ill expalin.

You flip one switch on and leave it on, you take another switch and flip it on for a long time, and then flip it off, and then you go check on the bulbs.  If the bulb is on, then its the one switch that was left on.  If the bulb is hot, but off, then it was the enxt switch, and if the bulb is cold and off, then it was the switch after that.

However, with your case, you added one more switch and 3 more bulbs.  So, for the last switch, you leave it on for a short time and then go check in the other room.  If you did everything else prior to that, then one bulb will be on, one bulb will be off and very hot, another wil be off and warm, and the final bulb will be off and cold

There were two possible answers for this one. Yours is one of them.

The other one was as follows:

Plug in A and B and leave them for a while. Unplug B and plug C and check the room.

The bulb that is on and hot corresponds to plug A, the bulb that is on but cold corresponds to plug C, the bulb that is off and hot corresponds to plug B and the bulb that is off and cold corresponds to plug D.

17. Surprisingly there is another Indian Food restaurant that is poisoning all other Indian food places.(What can I say? I lack originality) As such it is in high demand and they have a bouncer. To get past the bouncer you need to respond to his letter with the correct number. 

The bouncer said to the first person M, to which the person replied 0 and was let in
Bouncer "V", the second person replied "0" and was let in
the Bouncer said "E", 3rd person "1" and was let in
Bouncer "M", the fourth person replied "2" and was let in
The bouncer told the 5th person "J" to which they replied "67" and were let in
Bouncer "S" and the 6th person said "62" and were let in
Bouncer "U" and the 7th person said "27" and were let in
The Bouncer told the 8th person "N" and he replied "13" and were let in
You are the ninth person. What does the bouncer say to you and what do you say to the bouncer?

Edit: Sorry, I had to correct the numbers for letters J and S.
Edited by cristimirt

Is it possibly the amount of moons or satellites that each has?

Usually, these riddles don't have questions as answers :) Give me an answer and I'll say if it's correct or not.

But I think you're on to something :p

Its planets and corresponding moons, the bouncer would say P and i would respond 5.

Correct :)

18. Richard robbed a bank. While escaping the police he went into a movie theater. This theater had no windows or secret passages, just doors. Before he could escape the police arrived. The chief told the officers to guard all exits. how did Richard escape?

18. Richard robbed a bank. While escaping the police he went into a movie theater. This theater had no windows or secret passages, just doors. Before he could escape the police arrived. The chief told the officers to guard all exits. how did Richard escape?

He stayed there for a long time, or he left while others left when the movie was over.

He stayed there for a long time, or he left while others left when the movie was over.

Not really.. Pretty far from the truth actually :)

He escaped while the police were looking for him and the officers were guarding all the exits.

Not really.. Pretty far from the truth actually :)

He escaped while the police were looking for him and the officers were guarding all the exits.

Hmmm, then he went to a different movie theater than the ones that the cops were in, or, he was a part of a theater show (like the shows that are on stages with actual people and stuff)

i already answered that one

Ok, the answer to my riddle was Ruler.  "When wood, like a king?"   bBecause a king is a ruler and if wood is cut right, then it can be used as a ruler lol

and as for your riddle, I know the trick to it, but I just have to think about it some more lol

EDIT:  Ok, he paid 1.05 because he did not have a dollar bill on him.  What he had instead was 3 quarters, 5 dimes, and 4 pennies.   3 quarters = $0.75, and since he had to pay atleast $1.00, he had to go over the cost and by using 3 dimes $0.30, totaling $1.05.     

Hmmm, then he went to a different movie theater than the ones that the cops were in, or, he was a part of a theater show (like the shows that are on stages with actual people and stuff)

Nope... he was in the same theater as the cops :)

oo.. yeah, didn't have time to update the original post :( Gonna do it now.

Well, there are many assumptions that are made and that is how a good riddle/lateral thinking problem does is set it up so people make assumptions that are based of of nothing.

My final guess before I attempt to google it (but not post it if I find it), is that Richard died in the theater, or he pulled the first alarm switch

EDIT:  Ehh, does it matter if the theater is indoors or outdoors?

Edited by Law_Abiding_Engineer

Well, there are many assumptions that are made and that is how a good riddle/lateral thinking problem does is set it up so people make assumptions that are based of of nothing.

My final guess before I attempt to google it (but not post it if I find it), is that Richard died in the theater, or he pulled the first alarm switch

EDIT:  Ehh, does it matter if the theater is indoors or outdoors?

It's indoors.

And no, Richard did not die in the theater.

If the answer is not found by tomorrow, I'll give more hints. I would give some now, but I'm running out of riddles. I didn't expect to go through 18 riddles so fast.

It's indoors.

And no, Richard did not die in the theater.

If the answer is not found by tomorrow, I'll give more hints. I would give some now, but I'm running out of riddles. I didn't expect to go through 18 riddles so fast.

Damn, was going to say if it was an outdoor drive-in theater, then he could easily just walk away lol.   There has to be some "catch" to this.   Like, is this an actual criminal, or is it one of those "criminals"?   Ill just wait til tomorrow then. 

And yeah, its easy to run out of riddles.  Ive read and seen way too many lateral problems so I enjoy new ones.   So far, this one has me stumped.

Gunna guess he hid under one of the chairs in the theater, waited until they left, then left himself. The police probably took a quick look inside without checking under the seats but checked behind the counter.

Guessing this because I assume the Theater viewing uses Flats instead of those drop down viewers. (Hang about a few inches out)