The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Choosing Download/Install Directory

MetaMortred

The first issue I am having is installing the game, it automatically downloads itself on Drive C, application data. C is offlimits on installing programs, I use D for software and E for games. Is there any way that the installer can allow to change the directory to the files?

I already raised the issue a few weeks ago and was recieved by the staff, hopefully they will actually work on it |:

It was horrendous for me to clear up every little file in my C drive, it is an extremely tiny pertition of 50gb. I barely have 500mb there right now, let alone 2.2gb.

I already raised the issue a few weeks ago and was recieved by the staff, hopefully they will actually work on it |:

It was horrendous for me to clear up every little file in my C drive, it is an extremely tiny pertition of 50gb. I barely have 500mb there right now, let alone 2.2gb.

Yeah, me too mine is also 50 GB, but a good thing it did was that by going trough every little file and moving many of them I was able to salvage 10Gb. But still I rather no have anything there.

I just want to sterss out that due to the recent update, I cannot access the game anymore as it demands about 1G of space from my very tiny disk, I previously managed to clear my drive just enough --- but now I have nothing...And this is merely in testing stages - if the game was already released I would not even have a speck of a chance to clear the needed space.

For the love of anus, allow the users to choose the location of download. I have several harddrives, it is a shame that I have to overload the tiniest one.

This will most likley be changed once the game is released. Its just the beta, and the game is only 400mbish. Shouldn't be too big of a problem?

also check your admin permissions on your computer and let it install to the c

We're actually installing to the directory recommended by Microsoft because it works even for limited user accounts and other restrictive environments.

If you want your OS drive to be tiny you might consider mapping your user folders to a separate drive; whether you like it or not programs (including Windows) are going to crap in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp so it's going to bloat regardless.

This feature is in on the list but there are many features ahead of it; translate our game to Korean or Japanese and maybe I can be persuaded to put some in overtime :)

We're actually installing to the directory recommended by Microsoft because it works even for limited user accounts and other restrictive environments.

If you want your OS drive to be tiny you might consider mapping your user folders to a separate drive; whether you like it or not programs (including Windows) are going to crap in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp so it's going to bloat regardless.

This feature is in on the list but there are many features ahead of it; translate our game to Korean or Japanese and maybe I can be persuaded to put some in overtime :)

I understand your point, but the reason I objected was because this is perhaps the first time I am seeing a software (game or application) to install it where it wants, for what ever reason. I personally do not care, I have space - but this will be a major turn off to people who want to play the game. I am saying it now so the hundres or even thousands wont have to when you go open and release the game, because trust me, they will. So see instead of wasting your time reading all those posts (which even if you only read their titles will waste hours of your life) you could perhaps consider this.

Again, it is just a thought, for your own good - I am not benefiting from this in anyway.

Another question pops up, why would you wanted to be installed on the AppData? Steam and many other mediums dont do it, and yet people are not complaining. It is illegal to play such games on computers with restricted access, this meaning that anyone in a shcool can download this and play it and since everything is online their save game will follow, this can be problematic in the future. Unseen concequences for a problem such tiny.

But I guess we just have to wait and see.

P.S. App data does not hold the source files, it never does - It is to protect user data and settings from any unwanted change or deletion. It contains many important data such as program settings, IE cookies, toolbar settings, IE browsing history, temporary files created by applications, Libraries, send to items, templates and many more. But never the source files, so I am confused about the comment of it overflowing. But anyway, irrelevant to the topic - so no need to answer it.

• 1 month later...

If you installed an earlier beta and want to change where it is installed you just have to uninstall it from the Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs -- this should eliminate the old install and when you run the installer again it will let you pick.

For very old beta players there is the possibiity that the uninstall doesn't catch all the debris and this might trick the installer into thinking there's already something installed. If you are having difficulty, uninstall, then delete the %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe directory and then re-install.