Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List Of Thoughts On Parkour 2.0

Bailesaur

1. When people first play the game they won't go "Huh I think this game's movement is broken."

2. We are space ninja. Ninjas aren't known for being helicopters or the fastest sprinter's in the world. They are stealthy and deadly. I think slower movement will really help make us better ninjas.

3. New movement looks less glitchy and more diverse. Letting us go where we want to instead of 50 yards past where we intended. It looks a lot less sticky too if you catch my drift.

4. With lots of objects in each tileset we really need to slow down and have better movement mechanics to make use out of it. Like being able to climb up on some rafters and drop down on bad guys and do some cool ninja stealth stuff. You really miss a lot of the tileset zooming by. 

5. People will use heavy melee weapons and not the best slide attack ones. The main argument with the weapons and parkour 2.0 is "Melee players will suck now." No they wont because now they can use any weapon they like and still keep up with the team. 

That's pretty much my thoughts on all this news. I have really wanted slower movement and no coptering for a long time. I get it change is scary, but coptering was kind of a bug in the first place. If this game was about racing and melee only then I'd say keep coptering, but this game is about being a ninja warrior in space trying to KILL bad guys now just fly over them. Can't wait to see more of the new movement and I really hope they don't change it because of the negative feedback. Coptering is a bug (a cool one at first) now it needs to be squashed.

EDIT: Let me make this clear I did not mean ninjas are slow. Ninjas are fast, but they can't spin blades and fly across a room. I don't want warframe turtle paced, just slow enough to be able to use stealth effectively and not just speed only.

Edited by Bailesaur

So this is basically just another anti-coptering thread, what a surprise.

s/

Honestly I don't mind coptering going away, it was a bit ridiculous at it's max. However while I'll be fine not being able to railshot myself forward from the ground, warframe is a fast paced game, speed is important.

Edited by RahuStalker

The two best things that will come out of Parkour 2.0 are:

1. Better PvP. currently, it's completely impossible to take PvP the slighest but seriously because everyone is constantly flying around the map at a million billion miles an hour and reaching your spawnpoint in literally 3 seconds. It's nothing but constant chaos at all times, and Parkour 2.0 will help tone back the chaos.

2. More useful mobility skills. As someone who mains Zephyr, I know just how detrimental directional air melee is to the game. With coptering and directional air melee gone, mobility skills will become far more valuable. Right now, mobility is easily the least valuable attribute for a frame to have, compared to things like survivability or CC. A slower speed overall will make mobility a more valuable attribute.

The upcoming change on movement, its going to be amazing, as i say, more balanced, not depend on your loadout, and depend on how fast you move, and where, or how.

Not only on

But people are worried (i think) on the lack of usage on the melee weapons? (Maybe?) I dont know.

About speed, its going to be more balanced.
About distance, its going to depend on how you move, and no on how fast you can "E" in the air.
I cant wait to see coptering gone. And the best balance thats coming on the game when in movement talks.

About pvp, yes, finally someone its going to be fast because skills, and no E.

Edited by Grimlock-

So this is basically just another anti-coptering thread, what a surprise.

s/

Honestly I don't mind coptering going away, it was a bit ridiculous at it's max. However while I'll be fine not being able to railshot myself forward from the ground, warframe is a fast paced game, speed is important.

Warframe was only a fast paced game because of coptering. So no it's not

COPTERING MUST DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE

but seriously, for me its always been *@##$es before glitches. Coptering is the bastard child of a terrible closed-beta movement system and a certain pair of dual battleaxes that has somehow parasitically attached to our lifestyle and has been draining the energy from players who actually enjoy the game. It has to go.

List of thoughts on parkour and movement in general:

In the future i'd like to see such moves as wallslide, charged walldash, wallrun returned as a mean of both increasing and decreasing momentum with some middle value to determine, which it will be, and of course coptering reintegrated with ability to anim cancel by initiating any wall related move.

Right now i'd like to see us finally able to jump whenever we can move by walking/running, sometimes controls are unresponsive if terrain we stand on is bumpy or extremely small sized.  

As a long term plan every tile geometry should be smoothed a lot and made more "densed" where tiles are too empty to make wall moves more accessible and awkward passages passable without getting stuck every step.

Ledge grabs with their current way of activation are obnoxious and frustrating, an option to make them triggered only by key press is required, Roll key or even general Interaction key will do.

Right now parkour 2.0 honestly looks pretty useless and not as good as it was shown in sentients encounter trailer. That does not seems fun or effective, no point to figure optimal pathway and there is nothing that may feel great in slow, repetitive, one-button hops of degenarate spiderman relative. Warframe has a lot of fast pased aspects regardless of copter, whether it is melee/gunplay or simple running with speed buffs and it conveys the feel and joy of movement speed greatly, with all whooshing, screen shaking and even Doppler effect.

Therefore speed in Warframe is fun as it is just because it feels good, it is also fun as an optional challenge. Some players may prefer to go in style as fast as possible, not getting stuck once, figuring best paths beforehand or on the fly  and do their main objective without leaving traces, like a real ninja will do. That is the ultimate form of ninja roleplay this game can offer to me and many other players. So if this sort of fun is bothering some part of playerbase then let them enjoy it too by easing access to this option, don't outright remove things that make game good for us.

Have anyone ever considered to let us have second melee weapon instead of primary or secondary? Maybe making air lunges easier to perform and separate from coptering or melee at all? Giving mobility powers more utility and little to no cooldown with ability to chain them in parkour moves with anim cancel and preserve initial momentum gain? For starters copter can use better animation without air running, should look more natural.

1. When people first play the game they won't go "Huh I think this game's movement is broken."

2. We are space ninja. Ninjas aren't known for being helicopters or the fastest sprinter's in the world. They are stealthy and deadly. I think slower movement will really help make us better ninjas.

3. New movement looks less glitchy and more diverse. Letting us go where we want to instead of 50 yards past where we intended. It looks a lot less sticky too if you catch my drift.

4. With lots of objects in each tileset we really need to slow down and have better movement mechanics to make use out of it. Like being able to climb up on some rafters and drop down on bad guys and do some cool ninja stealth stuff. You really miss a lot of the tileset zooming by. 

5. People will use heavy melee weapons and not the best slide attack ones. The main argument with the weapons and parkour 2.0 is "Melee players will suck now." No they wont because now they can use any weapon they like and still keep up with the team. 

That's pretty much my thoughts on all this news. I have really wanted slower movement and no coptering for a long time. I get it change is scary, but coptering was kind of a bug in the first place. If this game was about racing and melee only then I'd say keep coptering, but this game is about being a ninja warrior in space trying to KILL bad guys now just fly over them. Can't wait to see more of the new movement and I really hope they don't change it because of the negative feedback. Coptering is a bug (a cool one at first) now it needs to be squashed.

1. Yes, they will. The bunny hopping looks far more unrealistic or believable than coptering or wall running.

2.  Actually, they are, so wrong again.

3. Actually, it looks far more glitchy; there is no reason you should kick off a wall and magically return to it.

4. It slowing you down is not a good thing.

5. Actually, the will still be lagging behind. You couldn't keep up with coptering, which was at its simplest just jump/crouch then melee.  You certainly won't be able to keep up with more complicated manuevers (which will make you cry for a nerf of those too). Not to mention as you run towards and enemy spamming melee, your gun-wielding team mates are going to wipe out all the enemies, including the one you were after, since you can no longer quickly close the distance.

I can't wait to see you begging for a nerf of Parkour 2.slow because you still can't keep up.

1. Yes, they will. The bunny hopping looks far more unrealistic or believable than coptering or wall running.

2.  Actually, they are, so wrong again.

3. Actually, it looks far more glitchy; there is no reason you should kick off a wall and magically return to it.

4. It slowing you down is not a good thing.

5. Actually, the will still be lagging behind. You couldn't keep up with coptering, which was at its simplest just jump/crouch then melee.  You certainly won't be able to keep up with more complicated manuevers (which will make you cry for a nerf of those too). Not to mention as you run towards and enemy spamming melee, your gun-wielding team mates are going to wipe out all the enemies, including the one you were after, since you can no longer quickly close the distance.

I can't wait to see you begging for a nerf of Parkour 2.slow because you still can't keep up.

You seem pretty upset at my post. Fully my opinion here. I use copter now to keep up with the team. I don't find coptering a fun mechanic at all. I've always wanted slower movement and more parkour options. No matter what happens the new movement will be better in my opinion. I don't want turtle speed, but a bit slower would be nice. My main gripe is the coptering though, it's kind of a glitch in the first place. Anyways no hard feels.

Edited by Bailesaur

Haven't even tried it and it bores you.

Your opinion of what is coming in the future is noted. Not all share it.

Way back when, I saw threads sprout just as quickly that said that Damage 2.0 was going to destroy the game because armor ignoring would go away. The doom threads were as hilarious as these. People reading bits of what DE said and making up all kinds of spurious ideas or opinions before posting them as fact. Obviously the game was utterly destroyed by DE changing things THAT time so it will be THIS time as well. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But by all means, everyone keep ranting. I find the lack of listening and reading comprehension absolutely HILARIOUS. As for the willful misquoting in the name of angst?

Keep it up! I need the laughs.

'The way is never darker than when your eyes are SHUT!' -Flemeth 'Dragon Age 2'

"The way is never darker than when your eyes are SHUT!"

I'll have to remember that one.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

You seem pretty upset at my post. Fully my opinion here. I use copter now to keep up with the team. I don't find coptering a fun mechanic at all. I've always wanted slower movement and more parkour options. No matter what happens the new movement will be better in my opinion. I don't want turtle speed, but a bit slower would be nice. My main gripe is the coptering though, it's kind of a glitch in the first place. Anyways no hard feels.

I am not upset. I find your opinion laughable to be honest. Combos in fight games started as a glitch. Grenade jumping, yep, also started as a glitch.  It's almost like it doesn't matter if fun mechanics started as a glitch or not.

"The way is never darker than when your eyes are SHUT!"

I'll have to remember that one.

It's just funny how it is being said by people with their heads in the sand.

I am not upset. I find your opinion laughable to be honest. Combos in fight games started as a glitch. Grenade jumping, yep, also started as a glitch.  It's almost like it doesn't matter if fun mechanics started as a glitch or not.

Well coptering isn't really fun to some.

Honestly without being so involved in this you seem pretty salty...

The upcoming change on movement, its going to be amazing, as i say, more balanced, not depend on your loadout, and depend on how fast you move, and where, or how.

Not only on

But people are worried (i think) on the lack of usage on the melee weapons? (Maybe?) I dont know.

About speed, its going to be more balanced.

About distance, its going to depend on how you move, and no on how fast you can "E" in the air.

I cant wait to see coptering gone. And the best balance thats coming on the game when in movement talks.

About pvp, yes, finally someone its going to be fast because skills, and no E.

Lack of useage of melee?? Hmmmm I think everyone should watch this video again, then show me the "REAL" issue.

WhyTP is nova NOT using Wormhole?? Because a "quirk/ bug/ explioit" makes 99% of movement powers obsolete.....

Ive seen tons of vids showing excatly this. If people are negleting to use 1 power because of exploits, how many other powers are neglected because of lack of experience with that power?

You're certainly one to talk.

Haven't even tried it and it bores you.

Way back when, I saw threads sprout just as quickly that said that Damage 2.0 was going to destroy the game because armor ignoring would go away. The doom threads were as hilarious as these. People reading bits of what DE said and making up all kinds of spurious ideas or opinions before posting them as fact. Obviously the game was utterly destroyed by DE changing things THAT time so it will be THIS time as well. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coptering won't be a problem anymore but since we have no stamina and parkour will be slower, the slower frames won't have chances to catch up to faster frames.

A lot of this can be adjusted by working with the community. Teach players to stick together. Encourage players to NOT speedrun in Public Random games. Make it a common courtesy thing. I do everyday I play. The rest is incentives like bonueses etc.

Lack of useage of melee?? Hmmmm I think everyone should watch this video again, then show me the "REAL" issue.

WhyTP is nova NOT using Wormhole?? Because a "quirk/ bug/ explioit" makes 99% of movement powers obsolete.....

Ive seen tons of vids showing excatly this. If people are negleting to use 1 power because of exploits, how many other powers are neglected because of lack of experience with that power?

All of the terrible mobility powers are passed up. I still see Nova's using worm hole, btw.  Terrible abilities like super jump were what got passed on.  Excal is better for it.

A lot of this can be adjusted by working with the community. Teach players to stick together. Encourage players to NOT speedrun in Public Random games. Make it a common courtesy thing. I do everyday I play. The rest is incentives like bonueses etc.

I am just going to speed run it with Nova and an Amprex/Atomos.  Slow frames aren't even going to see enemies anymore.

But I like to copter :p

I'm on console but coptering is not a huge issue IMO

You can't copter yourself all the way across a big room. It at most gets you only to half way through. I have never seen a player copter all the way across a room. Only way to do that is with berserker maxed on speed procs.