The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Doesn't Need A Nerf Or A Buff

GuyOnCrack

Seriously, I really hate most nerf posts because they are most made by people who haven't had enough time to play with the frame or don't actually care about what will happen.

Anyways, Excalibur is in a really nice place right now. He can take on low level enemies and can actual survive end game enemies. One hour T2 survival only to be shut down by small curves that stick me into the wall and life support. He's not overpowered by any means. Those 80+ enemies need some work to actually kill and radial blind is a definite tool late game, but that's not the issue.

Personally, I like the 40m waves but I can see some underlying issues here. Some people like to just spam the waves far away. Now, this isn't a game breaking issue because the waves take a long god damn time to actually hit the enemy, but I would like to see the 40m waves be changed into something more awesome.

NOW THE ACTUAL POST!

Reduced the waves to be about 15-20m range. This is reasonable enough to actually still be usable. 10m is just too small in my opinion(which is pretty much this whole thread). But make the waves faster and have some waves that can increase in size when traveling or have some moves that make waves all around Excalibur. Some of his combos have spinning attacks but only one wave which makes me sad because spin to win. But also comes the issue of his combos. Have some of his combos end in Slash Dashes. Not extremely long Slash Dashes but enough to hit a enemy that is like 10m away from you. Also have some end in a Radial Blind or a Radial Javelin, these would also be mini versions. Lastly have the waves maintain the combo counter, not increase it. Oh, and have a super armor or a very mini life steal. NOT BOTH.

Pretty much make Excalibur a better risk reward frame because we a sorely missing a lot of decent risk reward frames.

Also make Radial Javelin pulsated damage after it hits an enemy regardless of if they die or not. Then when you have Exalted Blade the enemies will pulsated waves of energy or something like that. I don't know but Radial Javelin needs something done to it. I do like the Vergil spinning sword idea.

Also make the combo counter last longer. This is just a general gripe. That S#&$ is too short to do anything. Like I could shoot my self in the foot with a gun already in my hand and that would take longer than it takes for the combo meter to go away. The picosecond called, it feels threatened by having the combo meter take its place on really quick time keeping phrases.

Also I like saying also a lot.

Edited by GuyOnCrack

Um...Excal feels like one of the only frames in the game with both early game strengths and late game usefulness. I feel there is nothing wrong and nothing needing to be done atm. Sure his kit requires 2 augments to be the strongest possible atm, but other than that his kit rocks. 

Now for the only gripe I do have. Combo counter, this thing is still utterly ridiculous and once coptering loses it's current behavior this will become even more of an issue. 

10 seconds is all we are asking for. 10 seconds will allow good players to get around and be able to keep it up when possible. Less than that and it's still a joke. At 10 seconds melee becomes far more viable(though still suicidal in many cases due to insane armor and HP scaling on mobs).

Your name also made me snort. (Laughs at pun).

Crack is smoked not snorted. (Laughs at lack of knowledge)

Personally I thought having the mini blind attached onto the spin attack was pretty weird, so just as a suggestion I like the idea of excal having better synergy with his other abilities while in exalted blade (kind of like what he already has with exalted blade and slash dash), rather that having smaller versions of those abilities built in.

Although it would be kind of hard to balance out the energy consumption to make it appealing enough to be casting other abilities while your energy is already being drained.

But I do think that there needs to be more variation in the shapes of the waves so that doing different combos actually has different uses.

also probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the waves should be effected by range.

Why everyone wants changes on Excalibur? 

DE needs to change only one thing..the other Warframes like Excalibur have been changed.

Simply because after a massive overhaul, balance passes are usually in order. We've had some time to use his new kit, and now have suggestions.

Why everyone wants changes on Excalibur? 

DE needs to change only one thing..the other Warframes like Excalibur have been changed.

As I said Excal needs no changes. As of now he is finally worth playing. However as I stated the combo counter itself(really the whole combo systems damage scaling could use work) should be extended to 10 seconds to allow true melee viability even in late game.

Excalibur is good, but not perfect. Radial Javelin is still weak. We wait for Frost rework and maybe with that he will get Level scalling depends on enemes, so then all abilities from frames will get damage by scaling so they will be enough good to use.

Now gentlemen, and women if that applies to you, I never said I hate the new Excalibur or that I would need this change in order to like Excalibur more. This is my opinion on a change IF a change were to happen in the recent months.

The only thing that I would like now is a increased combo meter time. Really that duration is too godamn short. What is it, like 3 seconds? Needs to be enough to get to another target.