The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkry Brings Nothing To A Team

Pride

Valkyr can be really usefull with a Prolonged Paralasys build but otherwise there's next to no reason to bring her along since tanks are worthless in Warframe and her utility is subpar without Prolonged Paralasys (kind of like Chroma).

Valkyr can be really usefull with a Prolonged Paralasys build but otherwise there's next to no reason to bring her along since tanks are worthless in Warframe and her utility is subpar without Prolonged Paralasys (kind of like Chroma).

Trinity is the best tank in the game.  She is far from worthless because she can instantly heal everyone to full, fill their energy, and turn her entire squad into tanks as well.

Trinity is the best tank in the game.  She is far from worthless because she can instantly heal everyone to full, fill their energy, and turn her entire squad into tanks as well.

Valkyr can do neither of those and let's not talk about Trinity her utility is more or less limited to heal people and give them energy because she lacks crowd control which is alot more valuable than tanking power.

Valkyr can do neither of those and let's not talk about Trinity her utility is more or less limited to heal people and give them energy because she lacks crowd control which is alot more valuable than tanking power.

She doesn't need CC. She can give every other frame infinite heals, energy, and constant 99% DR, so they can nuke or CC it. 

Ok ripline ill look past most first abilities are personal anyway

warcry is an expensive way to obtain a melee speed boost shouldnt it do something that doesnt get players other than

valkry killed? when was the last time you saw mag pull out a skana?

paralysis .... ok this hardly helps valk just kinda the oh S#&$ buttton isnt it?

hysteria whoooo rez stick... wait im on a good team that knows what they are doing and thus arent going down pugs in a raid. why would i need a rez stick?

Valk doesnt excel at game modes designed for solo like spy or rescue her kit is focused around infinite wave style missions while not being of significant assistance to the allies that one would typically bring to that game mode. Having her on the team is like asking your child to help you build a deck and he takes one of your hammers to go smash ants to "keep them away from daddy". sure kiddo your helpful alright now hand me that wrench... kiddo? ah F*** how is he even down?

You are SO UTTERLY WRONG! Bruh, you're so wrong that I can't even explain! "Brings Nothing To The Team"?! You probably don't even know how to play as Excalibur in that case. My gosh...

Um, I think this topic is about Valkyr? Correct me if i'm wrong...

Valkyr's Warcry with the 50% armour boost says hello. Valkyr in the right hands can really help the team out, High armoured frames like Saryn, Rhino, Frost and Chroma would benefit well.

ill make note to bring rhino and chroma to make my teams valkyr feel significant thanks for the suggestion

Also side not thank you i won a youtube contest for best trolling with this post in all reality she is like nekros in the fact that she is an unnerfed godframe that everyone is using wrong. thanks for the lulz and have fun continuing to defend your waifus feelings.

DID YOU KNOW THAT WARCRY CAN SLOW A PERCENTAGE BASED ON HER POWER STRENGTH?

DID YOU ALSO KNOW THAT VALK LIKES POWER STRENGTH?

DID YOU ALSO ALSO KNOW THAT THIS SPEED DEBUFF CAN BE BETTER THAN A NOVAS?

DID YOU ALSO ALSO ALSO KNOW THAT WARCRY BUFFS YOUR TEAMMATES ARMOR AND ATTACK SPEED

Caps to be sure you read, since this is apparently a thing people havent grasped yet.

DID YOU ALSO ALSO ALSO KNOW THAT WARCRY BUFFS YOUR TEAMMATES ARMOR AND ATTACK SPEED

Caps to be sure you read, since this is apparently a thing people havent grasped yet.

That's what bold is for, not caps.

Armor is useless to many frames because her buff is multiplicative rather than additive.  Doesn't it only increase melee attack speed?  If so then that is also worthless for most frames; guns are more efficient. Nova's skill gives you double damage against anything affected my MP and makes them explode on death; the slow down isn't the point. 

VALK BRINGS NOTHING USEFUL TO THE TEAM.

Ok ripline ill look past most first abilities are personal anyway

warcry is an expensive way to obtain a melee speed boost shouldnt it do something that doesnt get players other than

valkry killed? when was the last time you saw mag pull out a skana?

paralysis .... ok this hardly helps valk just kinda the oh S#&$ buttton isnt it?

hysteria whoooo rez stick... wait im on a good team that knows what they are doing and thus arent going down pugs in a raid. why would i need a rez stick?

Valk doesnt excel at game modes designed for solo like spy or rescue her kit is focused around infinite wave style missions while not being of significant assistance to the allies that one would typically bring to that game mode. Having her on the team is like asking your child to help you build a deck and he takes one of your hammers to go smash ants to "keep them away from daddy". sure kiddo your helpful alright now hand me that wrench... kiddo? ah F*** how is he even down?

Paralisys is the way you easy kill lvl xxxxxx eximus heavy units.

But for all the rest I agree with you ....she brings nothing to the team. I even use low duration so I can use Warcry offensively (because DE didn't think that recastable buffs are a thing even though they did it for Rhino, Nekros, Nova....)

Armor is useless to many frames because her buff is multiplicative rather than additive.  Doesn't it only increase melee attack speed?  If so then that is also worthless for most frames; guns are more efficient. Nova's skill gives you double damage against anything affected my MP and makes them explode on death; the slow down isn't the point. 

VALK BRINGS NOTHING USEFUL TO THE TEAM.

Comparing things to Molecular Prime is low-hanging fruit. 

I'm sorry, I can't hear your talk about "melee scaling better than guns" over the sound of how wrong it is.

Untitled_zps6bgbonss.png

Gosh, staggering x4.5 damage achieved from mashing melee strikes more than 7,000 times. How scary. You might also wanna try playing for longer waves/time before saying melee and its buffs are so good in late-game.

BTW, while you're mashing your key, I'd already killed that level 95 mob in 1 second with my trusty gun (and maybe 2 others), and I can do it from the other side of the room.

I don't mind people using melee, but saying that it's the only sensible thing to use in this game/being strongest thing ever just irritates me.

Prolonged Paralysis can be a decent Team-CC ability

Max Power Strength stunning enemies for around 22-secs, just a shame DE changed it to Ground Finishers.....would have been great to keep enemies Finisher ready for 22secs, for 8 ish power cost.

WarCry with a Prism-Blind is a superb melee combo. Large Melee attack speed boost plus 400% melee damage Multiplier.... The enemy slow is just icing on the cake.

Paralysis and Blind grant 400% melee attack boost which is larger than the flat 200% damage Multiplier from M-Prime.....just melee limited and need proper positioning to avoid single target finishers.

(Hopefully Finishers will become an optional melee attack*)

If there ever was a Warframe that you wanted to go inside a Nullifier/Artic stacked bubble (Two Nullifier with two or more Artic Eximus)...

Valkyr fits the bill.....when no abilities are active...she can take the most Punishment.

She is not the most useful with Guns-only, but that is fine.....Melee theoretically scales farther than Guns

-Finishers do not get weaker over time, just may not 1shot at extreme enemy health levels.

-Unrealistically, the combo Multiplier can scale melee combo damage, but you'd most likely die before it reaching anything above a 5x Multiplier. Compared to Guns which just get less effective the longer they are used against scaling enemies.

Not a fan of Hysteria, but it has some usefulness.

If Prolonged Paralysis was changed to allow 400% Stealth/Unalerted melee modifier (still retain Ground Finishers, or changed back to normal finishers - if finishers become optional) it would bring a huge boost to her melee viablity. Especially with large reach melee weapons (once the fix the bugged melee hotboxes).

-This would allow her to greatly boost team melee damage as Eternal War+ Prolonged Paralysis would be a 400% melee damage boost + an almost permanent melee attack speed boost.

I'm sorry, I can't hear your talk about "melee scaling better than guns" over the sound of how wrong it is.

Untitled_zps6bgbonss.png

Gosh, staggering x4.5 damage achieved from mashing melee strikes more than 7,000 times. How scary. You might also wanna try playing for longer waves/time before saying melee and its buffs are so good in late-game.

BTW, while you're mashing your key, I'd already killed that level 95 mob in 1 second with my trusty gun (and maybe 2 others), and I can do it from the other side of the room.

I don't mind people using melee, but saying that it's the only sensible thing to use in this game/being strongest thing ever just irritates me.

I did say in my post: Unrealistically, the combo Multiplier can scale melee damage....indefinitely.

Armor ignore finishers, do not scale off the combo count Multiplier, and are better damage wise when looking at enemy scaling with no Corrosive Projection against enemies susceptible to Finishers.

(Not talking about Ground Finishers, which do not ignore armor and do scale with combo count multiplier*)

Finisher wise (either by Excalibur Blind, Savage Silence, Justice Blast, or non-Augment Paralysis)- I'm going to counter argue that melee can be scaled farther than Guns because of how Finisher damage is applied.

If we were to take starting weapons, you can use M-Prime with an Mk-1 Braton to boost damage by 200% or Banshee for 1400% stackable.

Or the Finisher setups just allow a minimum of 1200% damage boost as Finisher damage....with greater affects through Radiant Finish and/or Savage Silence.(Only focusing on team-oriented buffs rather than Single Warframe buffs like Teleport/Vex Armor/Eclipse/etcetera)

Enemies can be level 185 and still die from a single Finisher attack from a starter melee weapon with Max Power Strength Radiant Finish or Savage Silence (Mk-1 Furax, Skana, Mk-1 Bo).....

If looking at Paralysis or Excalibur Blind AoE enemy Finisher setup: it allows a team of players to still kill with starter melee weapons even with No Corrosive Projection.

Blind being easier for the larger area of effect, better CC-stun duration, and enhanced Finisher damage output with Radiant Finish.

Having Excalibur blind allows other teammates to utilize melee finishers are without repercussion.

High-tier Guns may make it easier to outcalss melee kills, but I wouldn't argue that Guns scale better than melee.

Starter Guns scale worse than starter melee weapons, because of Finisher damage.

All melee weapons can be made to deal reliable 1-hit kill finisher damage for near-endless enemy scaling with No Corrosive Projection needed. (Max Power Strength Radiant Finish)

I cannot say all Guns can be made to Kill a near-enedless enemy with no Corrosive Projection. (Weapons like Lato, tysis are not ideal even against level 95 Corrupted Heavy Gunners with no other Gun....but any melee weapon can 1-hit Finisher kill that same enemy if using Max Power Strength Radiant Finish or Savage Silence)

I never said melee is the end-all be all.

Guns surpass melee in almost every aspect.

It is only under rare circumstances that melee can outshine Guns...

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

*quotes*

We all know that melee, in terms of raw damage from armour-ignoring blind finisher and percentage power boost, are superior than gun, and anyone can land no less than 200,000 damage with any unranked melee, while able to deal absurd amount of damage with fully-built weapon (360 million to be exact). That is a fact.

Still, that is only on the paper. You're not killing one enemy here, you'll be in endless game mode where there are multiple enemies, spawning from multiple location, and they use firearm.

The reason why you don't see melee user in any long survival/defense/excavation/interception game, much less in any true endless game (which is usually above 2 hours survival), is because that

1) finisher is one-target only and you should not be running around killing things one at a time exposing yourself when you can kill from more favourable position and distance.

2) moving CC frames around trying to suppress all enemies from taking any action with blind/cry/sonar in open area is far less reliable than digging in.

3) don't get me started on threat of nullifier if you're pure melee.

4) no one run around killing things one at a time in defense/interception/excavation.

5) there is something more reliable than corrosive projection proc and trying to bring down armour to 0 for easier kill ; viral. Any gun with good enough proc, even the braton, can be modded such way and drop any enemies at any level in far more favourable time, and yes, it can do so even without any sort of armour-reduction aura and abilities.

I don't deny the power of finisher melee, but usability and scaling factor in more than raw number, and for this reason is why guns and frame abilities will always be more preferred than melee in endless game mode.

PS gun users can kill level 4700 enemies (they were spawning at this level for some time due to bug) solo.