Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greedy Pull Nerf

TheGreatNicolas

This was absolutely the worst possible way they could have changed it.

Terrible for the players, suboptimal for the game engine, just bad all around. I just got MagP, and I'll never get to live the glory of greedy pull. It's a sad day.

Edited by notlamprey

Not to disagree or agree with anyone but i never used the greedy pull and play mag just fine. She's just as good a warframe as any other when modded correctly. No, I'm not an expert and not saying i know something better than someone else. Just that i play all frames from time to time without having to spam the hell out of any one thing and i don't require others to use a particular setup to benifit my own prefrences. Maybe im wrong but i thought team work was about attitude and not what ya have to play with.

Edited by equin0x0916

Draco should be nerfed anyway. level weapons manually by playing missions noobs. you don't get to brag about your 5 forma "insert new weapon here" if you spent 1 hour leveling it 5 times. i do, because i did it in 3 days by playing survival missions like a MAN. 

Draco should be nerfed anyway. level weapons manually by playing missions noobs. you don't get to brag about your 5 forma "insert new weapon here" if you spent 1 hour leveling it 5 times. i do, because i did it in 3 days by playing survival missions like a MAN. 

I have a formula where you can reduce the amount of time to about 2 days.

First 10 levels farm in apollo. Then next ten levels in Kappa and last 10 levels in Kiste. Best thing about this level up formula is that... It is legit and not exploiting.

It'll make mag useless thats for sure and i e.g. wont play her so often anymore with greedy pull not working for all but the thing about the mag mesa combination is true...can get really annoying but also usefull in return...and as mesa gets useless at an enemy level of 70+ anyway i would recommend another solution like e.g. that everything is pulled for everyone instead for mesa who only gets ammo and stuff like that but no energy...if that would be possible that would be great. But if you are doing a 100+ def mission and you have to run out of frosts globe because u dont have ammo or energie anymore you will die instantly or you will always need a lot of ammo boxes and a new combination of warframe which includes a trinity built on energy vampier...

Edited by Deep-Rays

First 10 levels farm in apollo. Then next ten levels in Kappa and last 10 levels in Kiste. Best thing about this level up formula is that... It is legit and not exploiting.

Or you just do a T1 Def mission till wave 30 or 35 for two times and thats it...maybe it even works in one run if you are lucky

yup that works as well. for most weapons cassini or mimas on saturn are the perfect middle ground for most weapon level ups, besides weapons like the asksomati that requires lower levels at first. 

Digital Extremes, please undo this. It's very questionable and there's no good reason to do it. Mag is still a Corpus murderer, sure. But that's it. Oh well, time to go make hundreds of Energy Restores. Or Trinity, I suppose.

Rest in Peace, Mag. You were a good starter.

Edited by Spike_Rose

• 2 weeks later...

Greedy pull shouldn't have been nerfed, she's just useless now. Why is Mag being punished for Mesa pressing one button? I don't see the logic in that. But I would totally be fine if they made a nice inbetween where she can only pull orbs to herself but items for everyone.

I can see why Greedy Pull was nerfed. It did make some encounters easy (energy gathering), and places like Draco were a bit of a joke. However, I also don't think the nerf is a good idea in the way it's been done. 

Rather than totally nerf the mod so that it loses all form of team support, DE should have simply changed it so that Greedy Pull could only be cast on a timer, say once per minute or two, to stop endless spamming. Balancing would need to be done to decide the right amount of time and/or increased energy cost, but this would still make the mod useful for those who like to help their team, but not so OP that it trivialises the game's challenge.

As many have said, all this nerf will achieve is returning Mag to one of the lesser-used frames. Not really a good move DE.

oh wow there is a bunch of idiots here.... greddy pull should not have been nerfed... do you people know how many things DE changed before they nerfed greedy pull? I will go as far to say that Greedy pull is the reason the AFK timer and penalties is the way it is, greedy pull is the reason radial javelin is nerfed to the way it is, if greedy pull was not abused like how it was, then it would still be unchanged, same as a lot of other things... simply put, if they didn't make greedy pull now completely greedy, then a lot of other frames would have suffered.. i.e. Frost just got a revamp, so they wouldn't touch that, but nekros is required to make it work effectively, I guess nekros desecrate would have been next the nerf hammer whacked, if they left greedy pull alone. 

Edited by Sibernetika

I found it very disturbing to go to recruting channel and see how people demanded gmag, mesa, frost and fast nova for defense missions. It was ridiculous! Some players were simply unable to play other squad set ups due to laziness. It is so boring and tedious to to spend 30+ spamming the same ability. Greed pull is gone way too late! Gone nevertheless! Yay

Please tell me they did not nerf the mag
prime are you kidding me. that really was
one of the funnest and most amazing characters in the game
when you do a tower 4 defense 20 waves
everybody gets headaches from running all
around to the four corners of the map to
collect every little piece. ( This is a really
sad day people ). So many people that I talk
to, say their thumb hurts from trying to run
out and get a piece,  you have to really
push hard on the controller to run and do
the spin jump to try to hurry up and get a
piece and you do that a thousand times in a
day it's brutal why why why ,,,,,this really
kind of ruin the game for me a little bit.

So I'm trying to think what warframe is
thinking maybe they don't want people to
camp, but that's part of the game and it
makes it fun so what's next Vauban or Mesa,
Nova, or Frost , maybe we should put a door in the Frost Globe to let them in. I have to think if I want to keep
playing this game that I was really addicted too
 and I spent a lot of money on it, but now
down the road if they're going to start
pulling WARFRAMES or crippling them to where
they're almost useless , why,,
that's all I have to say, this really is a
sad day folks, it's a new beginning and a new
end. I think that Warframe is the peoples game !!! not the 27 guys building it. the customers are always write. I know you must take cheats out to not spoil the GAME, but you design the Mag Prime perfect. So today we morn........

• 2 weeks later...

This nerf was a way to people discover a new team formation. Draco stills the same if you change GMag for Trinity. Trinity stills refilling the energy to everybody like Mag was doing, and this still making the Mesa a Killer Turret. The only thing that's changed is the way you get ammo: you need to quit the Frost Globe just for this. I agree with everyone when they say "Mag is useless again", cause she is weak, the powers are a joke and the only thing that keeps mag in game was removed. But it's like we can see in the wikia page of an item removed from the drop table: evolve or die. In this case, the Mag died without chance to revive.

• 1 month later...