Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since There Are Ninja Stars And Throwing Knives On The Way

DJYangster

so since ninja stars and the throwing knives are coming in update 8 i thought of an idea for changing ashes some what useless throwing star skill,

1st idea: bind- Ash throws a ball which opens up into a net to keep enemies from moving or anything at that, when upgraded via fusion it will last longer and trap more enemies, and i know you guys are going to say that sounds more like a Vauban skill, but this was just a thought

2nd idea: muli-throw- Ash throws multiple ninja stars in the direction you are aiming when upgraded can throw more stars or give more damage

3rd idea: floor spikes- Ash leaves behind a bundle of spikes on the ground enemies that step on them are stunned for a few seconds and causes little damge, when upgraded Ash will throw a larger amount of spikes on the floor hitting more enemies

these are just some ideas for changing Ashes first skill if they do end up changing it or even buffing it with the multi-throw idea.

if any of those i think the multiple throw would be a good idea, which begs the question will multishot allow you to throw multiple knives, shurikens, etc.

Btw, took out golem - t3 with just this power, spamed him with a full energy bars worth (was using maxed flow and focus)

Edited by Veidgrim

It is not useless. Very good for taking down the bigger guys without getting too close or stopping some enemies from hitting the lockdown/we have an enemy on board button. I like it the way it is.

When we get throwing weapons the skill will be pointless to have. It's been confirmed in a previous live stream Ash, besides getting an update to his ultimate, is having his Shuriken skill changed to something else.

Multi-Throw sounds kind of cool unless we'll be able to use an alt fire or something for throwing weapons to throw multiple ones. Caltrops sounds nice too.

When we get throwing weapons the skill will be pointless to have. It's been confirmed in a previous live stream Ash, besides getting an update to his ultimate, is having his Shuriken skill changed to something else.

Multi-Throw sounds kind of cool unless we'll be able to use an alt fire or something for throwing weapons to throw multiple ones. Caltrops sounds nice too.

Your name.

You should probably get a name change.

yeah if anything i believe muti-throw should be taken into thought for ashes change to his 1st skill, since there are throwing weapons on the way and yeah like they said in the live stream they are thinking of something for ashes first skill

ok so here's where i list my shuriken improvements AGAIN:

a - ricochets, once/twice/three times (rank upgrades)

b - the shuriken have weak homing like the grineer bombard rockets

c - more shuriken, 1/2/3

this way at rank 3 you could throw 3 shuriken into a group and they would each be able to ricochet 3 times if there were enough targets, thus in a perfect world ash could hit a total of 16 targets with a perfect throw, but anyone who has used the glaive knows that the ricochets doesnt always work

anyways all of the above or some combo of it has been my long running suggestion to fix/buff ash's shuriken

BUT I do like the idea of scrapping the power completely and giving Ash caltrops instead (placed area slow/dmg that lingers)

if any of those i think the multiple throw would be a good idea, which begs the question will multishot allow you to throw multiple knives, shurikens, etc.

Btw, took out golem - t3 with just this power, spamed him with a full energy bars worth (was using maxed flow and focus)

well muti-throw skill will basically be the same as his current skill but instead of just throwing one star he throws like 5 or 6

I think Ninja Log can be a good replacement. 

After activation, teleport directly behind the first enemy to deplete your shields with no damage on the last attack and have 1 second of invincibility.

There will be a decoy of you in your place for 1 second.

Which means teleport gets changed into something else.

Edited by Caliocerion

I think Ninja Log can be a good replacement. 

After activation, teleport directly behind the first enemy to deplete your shields with no damage on the last attack and have 1 second of invincibility.

There will be a decoy of you in your place for 1 second.

Which means teleport gets changed into something else.

thats not too bad either i mean they did say they were going to change how teleport work as well in the live stream

• 2 weeks later...

i wonder if they ever made Ash's teleport, teleport behind the enemy

That would be a Great Change especially if they followed up with an automatic melee attack which turns into a stealth attack for unaware enemies.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO to automatic attack out of Teleport

the simple fact that he DOSNT attack out of it makes it so flexible... You can 'port in and drop a smoke bomb, throw a shuriken at point blank or even blade storm... or just port in to the battle and let Your shade cloak You....  many many choices 

Dont forget that this move is also great to teleport to another Tenno that is on a higher or lower level, or to a downed friend and revive them, an auto attack would RUIN this

DONT turn such a flexible and unique move into just another generic attack move!

My personal suggestion is simple:  When Ash teleports and does his cool front flip animation, make it possible to do an AIR ATTACK/Ground Slam Melee move out of it IF You want to Push E during the flip

But for Lotus's sake DONT make it an automatic attack EVER

Also: Since the Shuriken are finally buffed and are awesome now, we should probably let this thread expire...it was a horrible OP to begin with, 'lets remove Shuriken because of Glaive/Kunai etc' are the most illogical and clueless posts around