Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban 4Th Ability Is To Powerful?

Creavyer

hey i bought the vauban right when it came out, really enjoy playing it & everything

but it seems that the vortex can kill anything i were playing defense infested on xini at wave 25-30

but still 1 vortex could destroy the ancient

at wave 30 the vortex were hitting for over 10.000 dmg per hit basicly one shotting them 

i mean... that cant be fair.. or right 

anyway i made a video with my view of vauban, feel free to check it out if you like.

The fourth ability on most frames are Overpowered, you do know that right?

Every ability has its limit though, Excalibur's is it can't go through walls.

Most of the others are range, but some are some have to be in a line of sight.

1 problem I have with Vauban's ability is it pulls items :(

Can be problematic if a Vauban decided to throw a Vortex of the map where it can still pull the mods.

F***'s sake.  Stop asking for nerfs.  DE has already nerfed Rhino into the ground, I don't want to see my other favourite frame ruined.

its not about nerfing it to the ground but balancing it with other frames because right now i see no point playing anything else then vauban

perfect infested defense team:

1 nyx

3 vauban

its not about nerfing it to the ground but balancing it with other frames because right now i see no point playing anything else then vauban

perfect infested defense team:

1 nyx

3 vauban

Again. Its not as powerfull as Volt. And he already got nerfed. The only nerf I would actually see is that the ult would be restricted to one at a time.

You do realize it is currently riddled with bugs? Not working if this or that isn't' also equipped, not working just because, or because of lag, getting stuck under a floor or in a wall, sucking friendlies and killing them as well, it also tends to stay indefinitely that way too. IT can also cause crashes...I don't think this ability is OP, maybe in a small area, but then again, there's plenty bigger powers...

Vauban 4th is not OP lol.

I'm an Initiate in Warframe but have had the privilege and honor of joining up defense missions with a Vauban or two (along with a skilled Mag as well, was a great help for a Tenno Initiate).

Definitely not over-powered. The more CC abilities/frames in this game for defense missions, the better

Btw, been absolutely thrilled to have seen Rhino in action before the "nerf", and now Vauban.

Imho those two are some of the best frames to roll with as a newbie, since they take the heat off leaving one to take out enemies with focused melee.

So much fun :)

Edited by Ronin666

the main problem i have with his ult is that can't use my bloody slash dash every time a vauban puts down his ult, same goes with rhino charge and maybe some other abilities too! (have't tested on others ) but really it's annoying xd

How about for fun? I see lot's of point in fun. I see no fun in playing only vauban.

It doesn't one hit kill ancients past about wave 15/20 at Xini?? What you smoking bro?

But it is a heavily bugged power so you may be experiencing a bug with increased damage. I for one have experienced a bug with infinite vortex, it need fixing not nerfing.

It can insta gib an enemy that you would otherwise have to spend a lot of ammo to take down? It is definitely more powerful than volt's ult which only clears a large area of trash mobs and can only be used effectively once.

Of course, it shouldn't be nerfed. All the ults should be buffed up to Vortex's standard...

Hmmm I used to think that vortex is too powerful, until yesterday that I team up with a vauban on the infested defense mission on Pluto(forgot the mission name.)

He had max streamline and flow, and was able to put down three vortex at once. So he was spamming them.(at three different locations)

I ,on the other hand, had ember and was spamming WoF(Max stretch,and duration).

We failed at wave 11(forgot the reason), and I figured he would be top dog on the damage dealt, but somehow I beat him by 13%.

Edited by Spinner187

Hmmm I used to think that vortex is too powerful, until yesterday that I team up with a vauban on the infested defense mission on Pluto(forgot the mission name.)

He had max streamline and flow, and was able to put down three vortex at once. So he was spamming them.(at three different locations)

I ,on the other hand, had ember and was spamming WoF(Max stretch,and duration).

We failed at wave 11(forgot the reason), and I figured he would be top dog on the damage dealt, but somehow I beat him by 13%.

Fire is SUPER EFFECTIVE! against Infested...

I am aware(maybe I should of stated that).

I guess what I am saying is that Vanban vortex isn't "too" powerful as people are saying.

Please don't say you're using the post match damage results to judge the balance of weapons and/or abilities.

You know it's horribly broken & inaccurate, right?

Please don't say you're using the post match damage results to judge the balance of weapons and/or abilities.

You know it's horribly broken & inaccurate, right?

First I have heard of this.

May I have a link so I can verify your statement? I rather not go by hearsay.

Also to note, I love Vauban(I also own one).  And vortex is F-ing powerful.

But "too" powerful, I disagree.

Edited by Spinner187

i agree with vortex being powerful but "OP" hell no try to do vortex on other defence missions other than xini...

vortex has a powerful damage that can reduce anything to nothing  even wave 20 ancients but whatever power vortex has, the range of it is the biggest weakness against enemy who doesnt group together its useless

so stop this nerf nerf thing...we already suffered enough from rhino sudden nerf and now people asking a nerf on this buggy new frame 

hey i bought the vauban right when it came out, really enjoy playing it & everything

but it seems that the vortex can kill anything i were playing defense infested on xini at wave 25-30

but still 1 vortex could destroy the ancient

at wave 30 the vortex were hitting for over 10.000 dmg per hit basicly one shotting them 

i mean... that cant be fair.. or right 

anyway i made a video with my view of vauban, feel free to check it out if you like.

I just watched your entire video and never saw you hit for 10,000 damage (actually you were on wave 5, not 30). I was genuinely curious how you managed this, or got this information at all, since I'm running max rank Vortex with a level 3 Focus and I have to use two Vortex's just to kill an Ancient from full health on Wave 10+ of Xini.

Overall I feel you just shamelessly tricked me into giving you extra views on your video and you're making anecdotal statements about how things work without true consideration of it all. This kind of misinformation is in poor taste and will lead to QQ posts from people who don't quite understand how Vortex works (no it doesn't one shot high level Heavy Grineer either, though it does seem to ignore armor).

Does Vortex need a nerf? I won't get involved in that argument/debate, but as I see it:

Vortex does a fairly large amount of damage (a lot really, but probably no more than four consecutive max rank slash dash), has horrible AOE range (even with Stretch), and it's the duration that really shines. It's like a constant stream of ultimate ability rather than one big AOE that wipes out entire rooms. Instead it keeps that one hallway clear of enemies for multiple seconds, so in larger areas it fails to shine as much as other ultimates, while in more enclosed areas (or against Infested), it seems more specialized and powerful. Try using it in Outer Terminus and see if it kills an entire wave with 1-2 grenades for you (or just wait for wave 20+ of Xini when you're packing tons of Ancients that are level 60+ and you no longer one shot them, unless you're ACTUALLY doing 10,000 damage during Vortex in which case I want your Vortex instead of mine).

I also think you severely underestimated Tesla, it has a long duration, decent damage, and stuns targets that aren't immune to it. It's probably better to use four Tesla than Vortex half the time against Corpus (especially if you attach them to your allies/sentinels). They also wreck grinders (yay).

Why do people have to complain "Aaah this is too powerfull nerf it !" Blah blah blah if it's too powerfull play another frame.

This logic is why bad things happen to good people.

I dislike you shockness, I dislike you and your fundamental lack of basic mental processing.

Edited by NotaCobra