The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Are Useless, So Why Have Them?

Razorfire

im playing as a super squishy vauban atm with no redirection and vitality mods just pure warframe skills like flow continuity reach focus streamline and regen shield so having a shade that can hide me and a chance to restore full shield instantly when it goes down helps a lot

Put in the right mods and they will be sooooo useful to you that you will never wanna take them off.

If you use Shade, get that Ghost mod up to max and give him decent survivability mods.

If you use Wyrm, make his rifle as good as your own and give him very high survivability mods(very important).

With stacking as much redirection and steel fiber as I could on my Shade, I was able to bring him along while fighting Vay Hek to see how badly they messed up Iron Skin. The only reason I survived that fight was because my pet was durable enough to survive the fight and occasionally ghost me so my shields could recharge.

im a little supprised by some of the comments here, i have both sentinals, and i love them both, they each have their uses, shades cloaking is fantastic for support or getting through those lazer doors when somone rushes ahead and doesnt shoot the cameras, while wyrm really is a mobile turret that doesnt llow anything to get close, and his radial blast is fantastic if you level it and give him damage mods.  many a time have i been irritated by how my wyrm kills the enemy im rushing towards to melee, and anything close to it, and no not on the lowe levels but in the mid range fo 20-30.

If you think they are useless, JUST DONT USE IT !

There are a lot of people who likes and loves their Sentinels, including me. My Sentinel has saved me a 1000 times with the shield restore. Currently my sentinel can solo Mercury !

I just love my sentinel !

For solo play, any time enemies spend attacking them is time they're not attacking you.

In any other situation, they're still granting you free shields, and with elemental damage and stun chance on their weapon, they can actually be quite disruptive.

I've tried out the sentinels, and frankly, they have all the durability of a soap bubble in a sandstorm.

Enemies almost always seem to target them first, crowd dispersion doesn't work, or only goes off on latchers, Commanders seem to take some perverse glee in taking them out first. A crowd of enemies will almost always target them first all at once. I never know what the status of the sentinel's health, shields or power. They progress in rank VERY slow, thier weapons rank up faster than they do. 

Considering the blueprints are 100k creds, or 75 plat, you would think they'd be FAR more durable than they are.

So... why have them? Impulse buy? 

Best item you will get in game. Saves your life constantly. Needs good mods before it becomes godly though. Mine has died like once since it was rank 30. Damn i even made a video of the little angel. I have much love for my little shade. You will to once its leveled and modded correctly.

Edited by stacey69

My only complaint is that Crowd Dispersion is near-useless and Wyrm almost always chooses to use it when near security cameras and not when I'm swarmed by enemies lolwut.

But otherwise both Wyrm and Shade are awesome. I have my Wyrm's weapon modded out with multishot, damage, fire rate, all elemental mods so lays down a constant stream of supportive fire for any faction. With a maxed out Warrior mod it's super aggressive, freezes anyone that comes close, stuns Corpus crewmen and ignites infested.

Shade pwns, it makes it so you pretty much can't die unless you're trying to. You could afk for hours in an Infested level.

High ranks in Redirection, Vitality, Fast Deflection, and Steel Fiber will mean you can pretty much run around with 1 HP if you wanted to, since nothing will shoot at you until your sentinel is dead. Your sentinel will be tankier than you are.

Max Guardian means 800-900 shield is restored if someone does happen to be targetting you, which means it's basically doubling your shield capacity.

A low rank of freeze, fire, and electrical damage mods on its weapon will slow/stun/stagger/whatever anything that comes near you. If you don't want to put a rank 0 electrical mod on your melee just to stun Corpus, the sentinel will take care of it for you instead.

If you're a completionist or you want to be prepared for possible future weapons you might want, you can use the sentinel to hold onto those crappy crit chance/crit damage/stun mods as you rank them up. That way you don't have to worry about accidently selling them.

Edited by potatofamine

I've tried out the sentinels, and frankly, they have all the durability of a soap bubble in a sandstorm.

Enemies almost always seem to target them first, crowd dispersion doesn't work, or only goes off on latchers, Commanders seem to take some perverse glee in taking them out first. A crowd of enemies will almost always target them first all at once. I never know what the status of the sentinel's health, shields or power. They progress in rank VERY slow, thier weapons rank up faster than they do. 

Considering the blueprints are 100k creds, or 75 plat, you would think they'd be FAR more durable than they are.

So... why have them? Impulse buy? 

Sounds like you've only played with wyrm.

Try shade and protip:

Don't give it revenge. Don't let your sentinel shoot. It will not draw aggro if it doesn't shoot.

Shade has never died on me, so I get free cloaking and guardian regen for missions.

Wyrm is very useful on any match, no matter what you're trying to do. Once he's fully ranked and such, running from things is so easy. Oh, hello there little charger, are you chasing me? Pewpewpew, eat some freeze/shock/fire/ap rounds and now you can crawl like a little baby. Mwahahaha. Don't even have to worry when running away from things. 

Act more childish please. I think what this person means is 3 damage for an "offensive" sentinel is pretty much useless.

Damage doesn't matter if they (Wyrm) can slow nearby enemies and make it easier for you to kill them.

Damage also doesn't matter if they (Shade) can render you invisible during long skill animations or reload times.

But honestly, EVERY weapon and frame is pretty much crap at rank 0 without mods. Why would sentinels be any different?

And whats wrong with having them, period? Nothing harmed in having one, and as for leveling them up, just grind maps where you can keep them alive and add mods to them.    Wyrm is the best IMO, but its anyones choice.  But if you don't want to use one, then thats your call but don't get jealous when others have them and are able to stay alive longer.

I once got stuck in a mission with locked doors and no lock down. I tried to trigger another lockdown somehow to fix it. At one point I tried to amass as many (Infested) mobs as I could in hopes that that would trigger something .... instead, my Sentinel kept killing every mob I was trying to train.

Arguably they're too useful!

Act more childish please. I think what this person means is 3 damage for an "offensive" sentinel is pretty much useless.

If you ask me, that's what Serration mods are for, as well as the Elemental Upgrades. Heck, I'm tempted to potato both of my sentinels and their weapons when I'm done buying slots for everything, just to increase their usefulness at all levels. 

C'mon, don't you think it's a bit much for the enemies to always go after your sentinel first?

You can put all the positive spin on it all you want, but the way things are set up, a sentinel is a resource pig for mods. :P

I spent an awful lot of time just keeping my sentinel alive. :p