The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Rolling Bound To Number Pad Actions.

Shuuro

Roll activates when using the number pad.

For some, god forsaken reason. Whenever I try using my skills, and I am greeted with a "out of range" or "Invalid target" I roll.

The amount of irritation at this is, well, it's not a nice feeling. Trying to blade storm or teleport with Ash was a chore in itself at long range, but now if I accidentally miss that one pixel mark. I roll.

I roll

This is the mouse I use, the Razar naga

razer-naga-hex.jpg

On the bottom of the mouse, it has the option of having the 6 side button count as either 1 through 6, OR, Num1 through Num6

I have it switched to the number pad, and have my melee and warframe abilities bound to it, while 1~6 are used as item slots for those quick energy/health pads.

I have tried to see if it was the mouse itself causing the problem, but as I tried pressing the number pad skills on the keyboard, I was roll spamming like a boulder down a hill. This even happens when trying to use melee sometimes, it's really awkward to do a melee strike then suddenly roll.

I know this probably isn't a top priority fix, but for some of us that use gaming mice and bind actions to the number pad for ease of access, this would be greatly appreciated if it was fixed.

Edit:

The rolling seems to active while num lock is turned on, holding shift to run, and using a warframe ability without a target. Walking/Standing still wont make the roll happen it seems.

Edited by Shuuro

for reference, i have many actions tied to Numpad(these are Gear binds, however), and they do not cause me to Roll when using them.

Mm, could you do me a quick favour then?

Can you hop on a warframe that needs a set target to use a select ability? Loki switch teleport, blade storm, soul punch, anything of the like.

Walk around and spam the number pad button it's bound to, does it roll you at all?

Edit: Also, try it with Num Lock On/Off?

Edit 2: Edited open post with Numlock results. Easily recreated by running around spamming teleport, blade storm, or trying to recast smoke screen while still in effect.

Edited by Shuuro

-snip-

nope, can't reproduce. haven't used Ash specifically, but other targeted Abilities aren't causing this.

Numlock being on is required... because with it off, you get arrows + Home cluster.

while Sprinting, whether a targeted Ability successfully casts or fails, i don't go into a Roll.

- - - - -

trying with Ash, still cannot reproduce.

i'd check your Control Bindings.