Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Makes Excalibur A Living Fluctus And Deafeats The Ability Purpose

Drufo

I just wish they made excal's gameplay melee. I don't care if the description says he's the master of gun and blade. The descriptions are pointless anyway, he's a melee frame.

It's like making Mesa's Peacemaker into an ability that equips her Regulators, they get mods from your secondary weapon, then you can only pistol whip enemies and not shoot.

I just wish they made excal's gameplay melee. I don't care if the description says he's the master of gun and blade. The descriptions are pointless anyway, he's a melee frame.

see...this is going too far.

You don't just get to decide that what the developers state they want for the stuff they make is pointless.

imagine how much seeing your comment makes them want to consider your feedback..lol

Edited by Ronyn

The EB combos don't work.

Well they do work and look cool when you can actually pull them off but most of them use the horrid "pauses" and "holds" that you simply can not use the combos.

Seriously it's like ok lets combo E E E pause E E damnit didn't pause long enough combo failed!  Try again E E E pause E E damnit, lag messed me up combo failed!  Lets try this one E E Hold E E E Damnit! Still didn't work!  Ah screw it.  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  *enemies die* 

I'm all for trying to encourage people to try the combos but DE has to make the combos actually WORK!  Get rid of the damn pauses and holds.  They don't work.  Keep features such as RMB or moving forward.  Add a new attack thats a bit slower but heavier and map it to the R which has no use in melee and is right next to for easy comboing.

Now all combos are actual combos of E and R

For instance

Raging Spiderbear :  E E R E RR ERRRE

see...this is going too far.

You don't just get to decide that what the developers state they want for the stuff they make is pointless.

imagine how much seeing your comment makes them want to consider your feedback..lol

That's an age old description, like many of them it doesn't make much sense. Excal gets melee passives and two of his abilities scale with melee and one buffs melee damage. He's obviously a melee centric frame.

That's an age old description,

Actually it isn't. Right after his rework they remade the parts of the description and video they felt were outdated.

What we have now is a re-cut and reworded version of his flavor text and video.

like many of them it doesn't make much sense. 

That is a matter of debate in itself....

Excal gets melee passives and two of his abilities scale with melee and one buffs melee damage. He's obviously a melee centric frame.

Look, it's true that Excalibur is Melee-centric but that doesn't mean he is not ALSO a frame about balance and meant to fit multiple playstyles.

Considering that Excalibur is the only frame who can inherently turn melee stats into ranged power.....

it's reasonable to state that even though he is melee-centric, one of his main strengths in that regard is that he can overcome melee's core limitation: short range and become range capable. Which is something that makes him unique against any other frame who might be strong in melee range.

The new Excalibur is certainly a great choice for melee ranged combat, I do it all the time.

Exalted blade just makes it so he is also a great choice for ranged combat.

Which is why it is accurate when they say " no matter what your play-style, Excalibur is a formidable choice" in the video.

If he was really only great at melee range that wouldn't be true. And here is the thing....for the makers of the game it is important that it is true.

Now I'm not saying that some tweaks wouldn't be good to get things more balanced...

Edited by Ronyn

The problem is that Exalted blade is essentially a gun that can use melee-exclusive abilities. It deals as much damage as a good primary (which is as it should be) but has all the advantages given to melee in an effort to make melee more viable (i.e. life strike, stances, etc.), as well as unlimited punch through. An ability centered around melee mods should be melee, not a ground fluctus, as you said.

I think the ability should be either more focused on the blade.

Or, you can keep the waves, but get rid of the free auto-channel, the nullifier bubble ignore, and ability to use life strike on waves.

Someone mentioned nerfing Mesa. Just compare the two. Peacemaker does not provide any defense and renders you immobile, for a base 900 damage per shot at rank 30, not affected by mods. Exalted blade deals 250, but uses mods and provides good defense and mobility. It also doesn't rely on LoS and goes through nullifier bubbles. Exalted blade can also use life strike without actually channeling, while peacemaker doesn't heal you at all. Lastly, Exalted blade costs 2.5 energy/sec, while peacemaker costs 15 energy/sec, both having a 25 energy startup cost.

Edited by CraftingCreeper11

The problem is that Exalted blade is essentially a gun that can use melee-exclusive abilities. It deals as much damage as a good primary (which is as it should be) but has all the advantages given to melee in an effort to make melee more viable (i.e. life strike, stances, etc.), as well as unlimited punch through. An ability centered around melee mods should be melee, not a ground fluctus, as you said. 

I think the ability should be either more focused on the blade, or cost more energy.

Someone mentioned nerfing Mesa. Just compare the two. Peacemaker does not provide any defense and renders you immobile, for a base 900 damage per shot at rank 30, not affected by mods. Exalted blade deals 250, but uses mods and provides good defense and mobility. It also doesn't rely on LoS and goes through nullifier bubbles. Exalted blade can also use life strike without actually channeling, while peacemaker doesn't heal you at all. Lastly, Exalted blade costs 2.5 energy/sec, while peacemaker costs 15 energy/sec, both having a 25 energy startup cost.

Way to revive a seemingly dead post ...

I think the ability should be either more focused on the blade, or cost more energy.

If you read the thread, you'd have realised we went through this. And that it had a conclusion. Please don't restart a debate that ended on a good note.

If you read the thread, you'd have realised we went through this. And that it had a conclusion. Please don't restart a debate that ended on a good note.

I did read the thread, and I completely disagree that it had a good conclusion. Exalted blade gives you free channeling, and outclasses every other raw damage ability in game. Keep the blade if you want, but the free auto-channel needs to go, and make it cost more energy. Either that or buff every other frame which has been left in the dust by exalted blade.

Edited by CraftingCreeper11

I did read the thread, and I completely disagree that it had a good conclusion. Exalted blade gives you free channeling, and outclasses every other raw damage ability in game. Keep the blade if you want, but the free auto-channel needs to go, and make it cost more energy. Either that or buff every other frame which has been left in the dust by exalted blade.

Free channeling? I believe they fixed that already.

The Blade doesn't have channeling active unless you toggle it.

Also, yes it outclasses all raw damage abilities because none of the others scale. Don't make this about the damage when nothing else is affected the same way by mods.

Edited by Emeraudes

I surprised and greatly annoyed at frequency of these threads.

I can understand from where they come, but that doesn't really means what I approve - and aside from my opinion on "Does Excal's EB needs furturer changes or not" issue, I feel what there are other matters, far more deserving of attention.

Edited by Prospal