Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Call Me Crazy But..

Greavence

This might just work.. maybe.

To make the game more team-oriented, and less "my kill my kill my kill", we could have the end of the level stats just show your own, instead of compairing stats to others. I don't know how many defence missions have been failed by "elitists" attempting to get top damage by running to one spawn point or the other, and leaving the core to rott (1 enemy slips by, its 50% before anyone even seems to notice). I'm not usually one to complain, But with the amount of people i see (and see raging about something needing a nerf) is related generally to them not getting the top damage % with THEIR favourite loadout and frame. I'm generally in the top % of damage, but i know when im not, i don't care. But i've had people go to the extent as to do the above mentioned, just to get 5-10% extra damage instead of enjoying the game like it was ment to. I am not saying that competitive people are ruining the game, but I do know some people (even in my contacts and clan) are known to either slide-slash their way through a level to get first come first serve kills, or fail an objective strictly based on the "i want to be top damage.. it means im special!".

I know im not having fun with my scindo anymore, seems if your not rocking a max fury fast hit weapon (or any non-2hander) you're going to be left behind. 

Call it what you will, but showing your own stats at the end of a level only, may indeed stop this trend of "every kill for myself" attitude thats becoming a major factor in alot of matchs out their. 

All in all, i love compairing and whatnot with my clan mates, always good to rub it in their face, But in a PUG, i simply can't take my scindo, their seems to always be a rhino going "jelly o my slip-n-slide bizatch?" when im running around with my scindo. I have glaive/fang/zorens/ all that good stuff, but i can't even utilize my 2 handers much anymore, and GOD the scindo does bring a joy when you get a group that wont rush for stats sake. 
Anyways this is long and winded and i apologize, but wanted to throw this out here while were in beta. GG's

Maybe have it so that you can only compare end mission stats to people in your friends list?

That would still allow for the friendly competition between friends who probably dont really care but should avoid that situation in PUGs.

Edited by Tsukinoki

So why is it fine to rub your stats in your clanmates' faces, but when a random tries to be best, that sucks the fun out of things?

Pugs are full of idiots. It's a fact of online gaming. Nothing should be changed to purely benefit pugs while detracting from play with friends/competitive matches.

So why is it fine to rub your stats in your clanmates' faces, but when a random tries to be best, that sucks the fun out of things?

Pugs are full of idiots. It's a fact of online gaming. Nothing should be changed to purely benefit pugs while detracting from play with friends/competitive matches.

you're taking that entirely the wrong way man, alot of people like to razz their friends.. you need to get closer with your clan m8s imho.. also to read a page of information, and then pick out a single line that is non relevant doesnt help this post in the least.

Edited by Greavence

@Argoms

Usually friends/clanmates don't really care about the end mission stats but its fun to mention them and talk about them with them. On the other hand there have been pugs that have cussed me out quite heavily for getting most of the damage dealt with my akboltos (apparently getting 60% damage in a 4 man group is a bad thing, and no I was keeping up with the group the entire time and not rushing ahead as I was leveling up a low leveled frame at the time).

And how would showing it in friends matches detract from that? Most friends will ignore it or not care, or at least not rage like some PUGs tend to do. It would benefit PUGs but please explain how it would detract from playing with friends.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I agree. There shouldn't be comparison when the game should be about teamwork in the first place.

Probably will stop people from obsessing so much over kills instead of just working together and doing the objectives instead.

Might even put a stop to nerf threads calling for balance when one frame gets less kills or more kills than another, when the two aren't even warrior type frames in the first place.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Best thing to do is get a close group that enjoys playing and ONLY play with them, me and my friends, depending on the map, do various things. For most, we have two people playing offense, running around and killing, and two people playing close defense for those that get by.

Many people probably dont know that , but game promotes leeching  much more then *my kill my kill*.

Try running around solo and only nuking everything with 4th ability - see what xp you get at the end of the lvl, then ask your friend to nuke everything for you throught lvl, do nothing and just stand near to get xp.

Compare total numbers toward all weapon/warframe from both ways and youll see thats those running around smashing everything for the end screen results just a newbs ;)

Many people probably dont know that , but game promotes leeching  much more then *my kill my kill*.

Try running around solo and only nuking everything with 4th ability - see what xp you get at the end of the lvl, then ask your friend to nuke everything for you throught lvl, do nothing and just stand near to get xp.

Compare total numbers toward all weapon/warframe from both ways and youll see thats those running around smashing everything for the end screen results just a newbs ;)

that is a nice factor, but 99% of my matches, were all 30 in all categories. especially clan/friends list nights. Only the odd kappa run do i find people leveling over farming.

Edited by Greavence

Yup but you need the Yin to have the Yang=)

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO