Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Prime Build

Elite3141

Question

So I've never used a Sniper Rifle before.  However, the Vectis Prime looks too cool not to use.  I was interested in using Charged Chamber and reloading after each shot, but perhaps the vanilla Vectis would do that better?  If anyone has a good build, Charged Chamber or not, I'd really appreciate it if they shared.

18 answers to this question

From what I'm hearing, you don't want to try and use Primed/Charged Chamber on this because the reload doesn't work like it does on the normal Vectis and you can only reload after the recoil animation ends. Based on what I'm seeing, most people are just making a generic crit build.

I didn't like how inconsistent the crits were because the slower nature of the weapon, so I went with a speed/status build personally. All 4 of the dual status mods (other than vs Corpus), shred, serration, split chamber, and fast hands (primed in my case). Probably won't be a build most people are interested in though.

Edited by Ceryk

Charged chamber and, dare I say it, primed chamber aren't as good as you may think. As a long time vectis user (it is my go to weapon) I can say that my build does not have room for it. 

First get your serration, split chamber, and heavy caliber all on because they are staple mods of good guns. 3/8

Second get point strike and vital sense because of crit builds. 5/8

Third is where the choice comes in, you can take a primed chamber if you have it (charged chamber is really bad when you think about high level builds), or a crit chance corrupted mod if you so choose, or in my case I took a metal auger because the punch through helps make up for the low fire rate and total bullet count (a shred might work with the vectis prime). 6/8

Fourth you take normally 2 silver elemental damage mods for the huge damage boost, these are essential to your build and it is questionable trying to take them off because of the huge damage loss

Well that's about it for the guide, I just outlined what you really need to show how limited you are in modding this weapon because of the crit build necessary. I hope it helped.

Just use the regular Vectis... the Prime isn't as good as the regular one.

Yes, only because of the second bullet that delays the reload. :/

Well if you use a shred to lower the fire rate and give punch through then the extra 50 damage is nothing to laugh at because they almost match firing times then.

First get your serration, split chamber, and heavy caliber all on because they are staple mods of good guns. 3/8

Which rank Heavy Caliber would you recommend?  I'm not a fan of max rank Heavy Caliber on semi-automatic weapons.

Damage, damage, damage, crit mods, damage, damage, damage.

Done

Edit: Unless you somehow got ahold of a primed chamber, don't bother with the idea of using charged chamber and reloading every shot. Just add lotsa elemental damage and make use of the extra 50 damage Vectis Prime has over the original Vectis. You'll end up on top over the original Vectis easily.

Edited by spidey2092

Heavy Caliber has no negative effect on the Vectis/Vectis Prime, so... just feel free to bring a maxed hc

That's not even remotely true. I can't say anything for the regular Vectis, I haven't used it since I mastered it the first time. But Heavy Caliber has a significant effect on Vectis Prime, I've tested it. Go shoot at a wall from a reasonable distance and you'll see the spread. It's enough to make headshot attempts miss completely or become body shots.

Edited by Ceryk

That's not even remotely true. I can't say anything for the regular Vectis, I haven't used it since I mastered it the first time. But Heavy Caliber has a significant effect on Vectis Prime, I've tested it. Go shoot at a wall from a reasonable distance and you'll see the spread. It's enough to make headshot attempts miss completely or become body shots.

Yeah, I was having a very noticeable accuracy loss with my rank 10 Heavy Caliber on the Vectis Prime.  I've never used the vanilla Vectis, so I can't vouch for that.

Yeah, I was having a very noticeable accuracy loss with my rank 10 Heavy Caliber on the Vectis Prime.  I've never used the vanilla Vectis, so I can't vouch for that.

My vectis uses a rank 6, no noticeable loss except maybe at 120m or something near there.

Shred is a staple for low RoF weapons in WF's target rich environments.

Maxxed (4 Forma):

Split Chamber, Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Shred, 3x 90% elements.

For economy (2 forma) use

SC, Serration, PS+VS, 1x 90%, 2x 60/60% elements, Shred

0 Forma, I'd ditch either the crit mods or the third elemental and shred, and fill in the last few points with a midrank Fast Hands.

Edit: Rank 6 HCal adds 34% damage; a third element adds 32%. +34/+32% = an additional 1.5% damage. Not worth any loss in accuracy, imo. Maxxed is +62% damage, or 23% more damage than an element, but with a much larger accuracy loss. IMO HCal is never worth it on any weapon that greatly benefits from headshots (read: high crit chance)

Edited by Darzk

Charged chamber and, dare I say it, primed chamber aren't as good as you may think. As a long time vectis user (it is my go to weapon) I can say that my build does not have room for it. 

Second get point strike and vital sense because of crit builds. 5/8

Third is where the choice comes in, you can take a primed chamber if you have it (charged chamber is really bad when you think about high level builds), or a crit chance corrupted mod if you so choose, or in my case I took a metal auger because the punch through helps make up for the low fire rate and total bullet count (a shred might work with the vectis prime). 6/8

Fourth you take normally 2 silver elemental damage mods for the huge damage boost, these are essential to your build and it is questionable trying to take them off because of the huge damage loss

Well that's about it for the guide, I just outlined what you really need to show how limited you are in modding this weapon because of the crit build necessary. I hope it helped.

Just sounds like you are to lazy to add more forma to get a beast build :|

Newish player here, but I see you guys disregarding charged chamber/primed chamber on the Prime Vectis because of the 2 round clip. There is a mod called 'Depleted Reload' That can be ranked up to reduce the magazine size to 1 bullet 'no need to reload manually anymore' and increases reload speed by 48% at max rank, bringing your reload to 0.6. I'm unsure if at when the time all these posts were made if this mod even existed (only been playing for 2 weeks) but it seems like with this mod + charged chamber/primed chamber or both and building for crit would be really strong.

My current build, (no forma's yet)

Charged Chamber - Maxed

Point Strike - Maxed

Heavy Caliber - 6/10

Depleted Reload - Maxed

Vital Sense - Maxed

Critical Delay - Maxed

Unsure what to place in slot 7/8 but I will probably go for Hammer Shot and possibly a shred to counteract the Critical delay or a puncture mod.

There is a mod called 'Depleted Reload'

Yeah, you bumped a thread from back before that mod was released.

Edit: Also manually reloading becomes even more critical when using the mod; without manual reloads the weapon will wait out the fire rate before beginning to reload, but you can manually start the reload right after firing with no delay.

Edit2: Basically builds are now either DR, *or* Shred. Shred is nice to have for crowds and packed hallways, while DR provides a higher rate of fire and slightly more bullet damage when using Charged Chamber.

Edited by Darzk