The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Is Great But....

RookZero

I have played this game for hours and hours.  I have loved it.  I am now a little bored with everything.  I have lots of

frames, lots of weapons...what's next.....more frames more weapons?  I wish there was some end game bosses or

missions that dropped unique loot.  Or loot drops were different at higher levels.  Why go to pluto when I can get all the

same S#&$ on an easy planet.  It just doesn't make sence to me.  I want to love the game again.  It has so much potential. 

We'll see what happens with update 8.  I'll be back to try it out.  Sorry to be negative...I know you guys are doing your

best.  I just need more from warframe to keep me interested.

Rook

DE are working on end-game ideas, give it time. U8, presumably released tomorrow, will have clan dojos you have to work together to improve and even, for you pvp obsessives out there, the ability to duel each other. DE can only code so fast, give them a break.

DE are working on end-game ideas, give it time. U8, presumably released tomorrow, will have clan dojos you have to work together to improve and even, for you pvp obsessives out there, the ability to duel each other. DE can only code so fast, give them a break.

Don't get your hopes to high or you'll end up crying because the update did not happen that day.. It happened to me btw..

Good news, dude, Update 8 is right around the corner!

You'll be back playing before this week ends. \o/

EDIT: By "this week" I mean anywhen from now to end of sunday.

Edited by Shion963

You have all weapons/frames.... But why? Because you bought them.

Fact is, that this game is nothing but a shell atm. Awesome for a presentation and what not, but it has nothing in it.

Pointless to discuss this so close to U8, but with the last patch and the devs trolling more and more with drop rates and blueprint costs, this game is slowly but steadily devolving into your average free2play bucket full of ****. Except that "warfarmer" at current doesnt have anything to offer beside of farming.

Edited by Aerensiniac

I guess I'm used to more traditional end game content ie. bosses that you need a coordinated team to take down for loot that isn't available anywhere else.  Right now it's just everybody point and shoot to get the same loot you can get on a lvl 1 mission, aside from frames.  I get it takes time.  I guess I'll just have to see what happens....take a break for a bit and come back once i have played through the update 8 stuff.

You have all weapons/frames.... But why? Because you bought them.

You don't even have to have all the warframes/weapons to feel bored. It's the levels/mobs that this game is currently limited on. No matter how "dynamic" the levels are put together, after you've seen the sections enough times, you'll realise how repetitive everything is.

I guess I'm used to more traditional end game content ie. bosses that you need a coordinated team to take down for loot that isn't available anywhere else.  Right now it's just everybody point and shoot to get the same loot you can get on a lvl 1 mission, aside from frames.  I get it takes time.  I guess I'll just have to see what happens....take a break for a bit and come back once i have played through the update 8 stuff.

Yeah, this game isnt an MMORPG and we are still in Beta.

I dont think i've seen a released MMO in a long time that has everything at the start. The ones made in the East that released in the West dont count.

I bought a few frames and a couple guns at first because i wanted to hit the ground running.  I then farmed everything else.  I don't have everything but I do have a lot.  The point I was making is that farming for frames and mods isnt enough to keep me interested anymore.

This is why the game needs *something like* pvp. NOT exactly pvp itself, but something similar. The main draw of pvp is that every single match is different. That's one of the reasons Dota and LoL are so popular even though it's been the same exact single map being played for years and years now, but it never gets old because no two matches are exactly the same. Basically, the players are creating their own fun within a framework made up of a set of simple rules. Easy to learn, difficult to master. The MOBA formula has kept players coming back for more although its basically the same thing as it was back in 2005 with a few tweaks here and there.

Warframe has nothing like this - yet. It needs something where players can create their own fun somehow that resists burnout without getting stale. Whether that be some form of blending co-op with pvp, or something similar to battlegrounds, or multiple objective stages (like UT's Assault mode), or some other combination, there is no question that something is needed to add some much needed diversity to promote longevity.

He is a founder dudes(Hunter).

Hunter level founder doesn't give you anywhere near enough platinum to buy all the frames, or weapons.  Let alone both.  In fact, it may only buy you one or two frames, depending on which you buy.

He is a founder dudes(Hunter).

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.  I pay money in ftp games when I like them to support the devs.  If you chose not to, it's your choice.  It doesn't change the validity of my opinion.

This is why the game needs *something like* pvp. NOT exactly pvp itself, but something similar. The main draw of pvp is that every single match is different. That's one of the reasons Dota and LoL are so popular even though it's been the same exact single map being played for years and years now, but it never gets old because no two matches are exactly the same. Basically, the players are creating their own fun within a framework made up of a set of simple rules. Easy to learn, difficult to master. The MOBA formula has kept players coming back for more although its basically the same thing as it was back in 2005 with a few tweaks here and there.

Warframe has nothing like this - yet. It needs something where players can create their own fun somehow that resists burnout without getting stale. Whether that be some form of blending co-op with pvp, or something similar to battlegrounds, or multiple objective stages (like UT's Assault mode), or some other combination, there is no question that something is needed to add some much needed diversity to promote longevity.

I agree

You don't even have to have all the warframes/weapons to feel bored. It's the levels/mobs that this game is currently limited on. No matter how "dynamic" the levels are put together, after you've seen the sections enough times, you'll realise how repetitive everything is.

Yes. But content takes time to create. Don't get me wrong, the lack of enemy/level and endgame related content is a big problem, but DE is aware of the problem and are working on it. Fusion moas are a good step in the right direction, now hopefully we'll get more in U8. Stalker already got new weapons in one of the more recent patches.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

A great mode would be a competitive "race" where two squads are after the same objective.

So for instance two squads start at different sections of a map and have to capture the target and bring it back to their ship.

Doing stuff like this would allow the devs to reuse content that's already been created. 

There is another point that emerges besides end game: progression.

Ok, content can be added, but an important part of games where you have a levelling is the almost infinite character progression/customization.

Right now, once you have the warframe/weapons that suit your playstyle and the mods for them, you just farm to provide material for the mods fusion, and then, you cannot progress anymore.

Since the core of progression is based on mods, I'm wondering if the fusion system was not a mistake. I hardly see how more powerful mods could be introduced, I find the current ones to be too powerful... Without the fusion system, higher level mods could be dropped by higher level ennemies.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel the lack of tangible hope to improve your favorite warframe/weapon to be quite a flaw that might need to be addressed at some point, so that end-game keeps exciting after the first time you've done it.