Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Corrupted Mods Plz?

Sartactics

Since when did we get another set of new corrupted mods? Here are some of my ideas

Sustained Shots: +90% Damage -60% Status Chance (Sniper Rifle)

Inner Anger: +60% Power Duration -60% Power Range (Warframe)

Heavy Hitter: +70% Channeling Damage -40% Channeling Efficiency (Melee)

Anxious Will: +60% Power Range -60% Power Efficiency (Warframe)

Risking Shot: +60% Damage -30% Projectile Speed (Bow)

Vile Explosion: +40 Blast Radius -30% Accuracy (Special)

NOTE: Names will change and I will update

Edited by Sartactics

I love the corrupted weapon mods because the weapons all need to deal damage, so adjusting DPS vs Application really makes you think about the weapon and how you use it IMO.

The +/- stats isn't really working for warframes though IMO because they don't always need all stats. Payers just use the ones they can eliminate/compensate for the drawback on, or the ones that have no meaningful drawback for their build. Like using Fleeting Expertise + Transient Fortitude on frames/builds that don't care about duration. Adding a new one for +strength/-range would just open that up for more frames who don't care about range or can balance out to get the range they need. It's just a complicated way of boosting stats and isn't really "corrupting" anything.

This was also the last Q on the most recent community hot topics.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/484616-july-3rd-community-hot-topics/

Risking shot... theres heavy caliber though

Punching caliber ... some sniper dont have innate punchthrough

Heavy hitter ... same as spoiled strike stat

Im not sure about the anxious will.. since some frame already become global ability with over and stretch.

Edited by TheFalseEclipse

I don't know how I feel about punching caliber.  At the moment, snipers need some DE love and we do not know how they will change, if they even do. If they give all snipers massive innate punch through, this mod would be useless because there is not point with over 5m punch through. Nothing in game would be that thick that you have to shoot through, and if you do you might as well move around it instead of trying to shoot through a concrete wall.

Inner anger I do not like either.  This would make nova completely unstoppable along with frame such as ash and saryn.  This would only feed the spam 4 to win phenomenon.  

Heavy hitter is called spoiled strike in game.

Anxious will is interesting, but I think it would not work well with the current set of corrupted mods.  Stretch and overextended already provide massive amounts of range that is almost unfair to the enemies.  Adding this mod would confirm the fears of the people who oppose corrupted mods: this mod would unbalance the game.  45% range boost from stretch plus the 90% from overextended plus the 60% from this would be too op.  That would almost be a 200% boost, which would cause serious balancing issues.  Loki would get way to strong, and he is really strong as he is right now.  Frost would become OP with a huge snowglobe with chilling globe.  Nyx chaos would be insane.  And the list goes on.  Having a power range of about 300% would be too much.

I would not use risking shot.  60% increase to damage is not worth the loss of accuracy.

I am assuming that vile explosion would be a mod for things in the penta class.  The mod would be extremely OP and usher in an age of tonkor/penta complete dominance.  As it is, firestorm adds 24% to blast radius at max range which is plenty.  Adding 90% and the firestorm 24% would allow you to effectively nuke the entire map.  The reduced accuracy would not matter because you are not using a grenade launcher, you are launching miniature nuclear bombs.

What we need are balanced corrupted mods that would make use of the currently useless corrupted mods and normal mods.  Nobody uses tainted clip for example because it adds nothing to the game.  There is absolutely no point in using that mod, it does not increase damage, status chance, crit chance, or anything useful.  A corrupted mod that would make those types of mods useful and interesting is what we need.  We have enough corrupted warframe mods.  Adding more of those would possibly send the game into chaos because build that are on the verge of OP would become OP and create balancing issues.  We need balanced mods that make corrupted mods useful for weapons.  We need some more corrupted melee mods, and stuff like that.