Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Framerate (Fps) Police

TheErebus.

Could you provide a link for this statement that From made?

the only Developer i follow closely enough to do that with is Digital Extremes. nothing else has ever been worth that much of my time per day to want to be memorizing every single word ever said.

i don't have a link to a source, only distinct memory of seeing a 'news' article or something of that sort quoting a statement from From Software.

Edited by taiiat

Followed it immediately after I knew it existed.

The way the curator system works makes it rather ironic.  30FPS "recommending" a game to warn people (away, if there's no fix).

Just...don't rely on it 100%. Look at the game on it and see whether it really isn't worth it or if it passable.

Just...don't rely on it 100%. Look at the game on it and see whether it really isn't worth it or if it passable.

I'm of the mind that no game looks and plays better at 30fps than it does (or would) at 60fps.  There's no middle ground of toleration for me.  So, being as zero-tolerant as I am, this curator is perfect.

I simply cannot enjoy playing a game at 30fps.

although you'd never notice the difference between a game at 60 FPS and one at 1000FPS.)

You're wrong. I can notice the difference and I can approximately tell you the current number of FPS at a given moment.

Playing FPS games for years and spending hours tweaking the configs to get the best framerate grants you this ancient power.

You're wrong. I can notice the difference and I can approximately tell you the current number of FPS at a given moment.

Playing FPS games for years and spending hours tweaking the configs to get the best framerate grants you this ancient power.

There's always one isn't there.....