Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Guys Think Aabout An Elite Planet?

(PSN)silent9_

I was thinking about ways to keep the game fresh or a way to give the elite players a reason to keep grinding.  Maybe set a planet to where in order to access it, players have to meet certain credentials, kills, MR, days played, gear, etc. This way maybe there could be better drops there, rare items that can only be found on that planet.  This would keep everyone "ooohing and ahhhhing" and will make people accept the grind more, as if prime gear and all the glorious mods and weapons have enough oooh and ahhh factor but even still, to players like me who can grind out and obtain things really fast, I just feel this could possibly be something that helps the game overall.  I understand a new star chart is coming out, I do not know the ins and outs of it and forgive me if this is something like this is already being implemented.

I wouldn't mind something like this, but I would caution calling anything "elite" as that just drives a dividing wedge between the community. 

I would think MR locking it would suffice, like a MR lock of 14 or 15. This would also give players a reason to grind out MR. I've played with some less than "elite" MR 18's, but those are far less common than the one's that know what they are doing. I have yet to have a bad experience though with any MR 19's. 

If they did do something like this, I'd like to see a lot of new mechanics introduced. As it is, going to Ceres can be challenging as it is, it just takes waiting for 40 minutes to get that way. I would want the challenge to be more mental and tough than just pure scaling difficulty. 

I wouldn't mind something like this, but I would caution calling anything "elite" as that just drives a dividing wedge between the community. 

I would think MR locking it would suffice, like a MR lock of 14 or 15. This would also give players a reason to grind out MR. I've played with some less than "elite" MR 18's, but those are far less common than the one's that know what they are doing. I have yet to have a bad experience though with any MR 19's. 

If they did do something like this, I'd like to see a lot of new mechanics introduced. As it is, going to Ceres can be challenging as it is, it just takes waiting for 40 minutes to get that way. I would want the challenge to be more mental and tough than just pure scaling difficulty. 

Agreed.

I think nightmare towers could fulfill that requirement.

Nightmare+ Mode that only accessible once you clear all areas? Or once you reach MR12?

The MR restriction hasn't gone over so well with the MR8 relay.

Personally, I'm against anything that breaks the community up.

Edited by (PS4)Juzam666

I think nightmare towers could fulfill that requirement.

Nightmare+ Mode that only accessible once you clear all areas? Or once you reach MR12

The MR restriction hasn't gone over so well with the MR8 relay.

Personally, I'm against anything that breaks the community up.

I agree and the elite thing does kind of drive a separation wedge between the community.  In reality you could look at as like "is the glass half full or empty"  In one end maybe some people will feel alienated or not want to play as much bc of it or it would drive all the decent players to that planet, leaving the  "regular" players if you will, doing void, and reg. mission.  On the other end, this would keep everyone wanting to grind more to be able to say.."I made it here" "i did that".  which would maybe cause more people to play...then maybe we would be able to get better match making.

If you gave rare loot and stuff on an "elite" planet, you would have too many restrictions.... and IMO it would divide the community.

I.e. If you acquired a rare mod, you wouldnt be able to trade/sell it.. cause not all the players would be able to get it and the plat price would skyrocket.

While there are things that need to be fixed in WF, i think the game overall is solid; there's regular games out there that have more bugs than this, and are mostly a finished product.

If you gave rare loot and stuff on an "elite" planet, you would have too many restrictions.... and IMO it would divide the community.

I.e. If you acquired a rare mod, you wouldnt be able to trade/sell it.. cause not all the players would be able to get it and the plat price would skyrocket.

While there are things that need to be fixed in WF, i think the game overall is solid; there's regular games out there that have more bugs than this, and are mostly a finished product.

I would argue this point with event weapons and event mods. As is, if you don't have some of the event mods, you will be a long ways behind when it comes to weapon builds. That is a huge dividing factor when your boltor prime, paris prime, soma prime, etc.... is putting out 60-120% more damage. 

Those said event mods go from anywhere from 500p-1400p on ps4. 

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

I would argue this point with event weapons and event mods. As is, if you don't have some of the event mods, you will be a long ways behind when it comes to weapon builds. That is a huge dividing factor when your boltor prime, paris prime, soma prime, etc.... is putting out 60-120% more damage. 

Those said event mods go from anywhere from 500p-1400p on ps4. 

Yeah, ive seen those mods go for that on XB1 too... and I dont have them. I also dont feel that im lagging behind anyone.

When it comes to events and their rewards, doesn't everyone have the ability to get those? they arent MR locked, right?

I missed out on some of those due to not being in the game at the time of their release, but you know what, they will eventually come back (let's  hope)

If a mod like Buzzkill is gone forever, and only so many people have it, of course that drives the price up.. i.e Frost/Latron/Reaper.

Similar notions here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488055-power-leveling-vs-frame-experience-inspired-by-but-not-about-draco-threads/

and here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/489901-making-mr-relevant-again/

These mainly concern re-working MR so that you hopefully do not create a divide while at the same time elevating the skill level of new players so that you reduce the animosity between those that play grind for fun and those that play grind out of necessity for gear. 

Feel free to add in ideas to either as there has been quite a bit of positive discussions on ways to achieve this.