Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Snipetron?

Bauchelain

A beam effect would be nice, then.

Yeah, I expect it to return once they've reworked it to fire energy bolts or a beam. Something like the Tenloss DXR-6 disruptor sniper rifle from the Jedi Knight games would be awesome.

Well apparently the snipetron model is now used for a railgun accessible through dojos, and its name isn't so stupid ^^

Still seems odd that the old snipetron exists instead of being completely replaced, since it's effectively obsolete. 

Just adding my own agreement here. I understand why you might have wanted to pull it away from the market seeing as how it doesn't fit its role in the game, but a heads up would've been nice.

Ah well. Things happens, things change. It's just a gun. =)

I suppose the main problem is that there are differences between the two guns. Snipetron had armor piercing while the new gun has just more damage. That is a pretty big deal to some.

Edited by GabeRage

Snipetron has AP rounds, Vulkar doesn't. Snipetron still deals better damage. And yes we really would have appreciated it if they would announce it before simply removing items that was once readily obtainable.

I would like to see the blueprint for a few days, since there was no announcement that it was being retired. The Braton Vandal already haunts me, don't add this to the list of stuff I will never have.

I've been playing since February, and Snipetron was next on my list.

I don't get it. The reason behind taking the Snipertron out was due to the fact it was a Corpus weapon and the Tenno only steals from the Grinner. So why can't the lore be changed slightly and adapt it to 'Grineer and Corpus'? We raid both sides yet only steal from one

As of U8, the Snipetron and its BP are simply *gone* from the market. In its place is a the "new" sniper rifle Vulkar that has the EXACT same stats, EXCEPT for the damage, which is less than HALF of the Snipetron at 45. I did not see anywhere in the patch notes mentioning the removal of the snipetron, and I sincerely hope it's a bug. That being said...Why is the stats of the Vulkar so &!$$ poor? The Latron beats it in every single department (clipsize. firerate, accuracy) except in damage...which is a measly 5 damage lower. I hope that is a bug in the Vulkar's stats as well, else no one will be use it.

To answer your question, It was taken out of the market so they could include it under a different name in the new Research system. you will find it in the subtree for Energy Lab research. See my post all about it: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/51407-new-chemenergy-lab-weapons/

As of U8, the Snipetron and its BP are simply *gone* from the market. In its place is a the "new" sniper rifle Vulkar that has the EXACT same stats, EXCEPT for the damage, which is less than HALF of the Snipetron at 45. I did not see anywhere in the patch notes mentioning the removal of the snipetron, and I sincerely hope it's a bug. That being said...Why is the stats of the Vulkar so &!$$ poor? The Latron beats it in every single department (clipsize. firerate, accuracy) except in damage...which is a measly 5 damage lower. I hope that is a bug in the Vulkar's stats as well, else no one will be use it.

uhhhhh, take a look again.  vulkar deals 125.

However, vulkar is not armor piercing like the snipetron was, so it's still worse IMO.  Not sure if they will alter this or not.

Yeah, AP was the selling point for me and I liked it. This really bites for those who reset and just assumed they had time to get it. It should be made available for a short time or make the replacement have at least the same attributes. The gun called the "Lanka" that took it's model is a completely different kind of gun according to the wiki http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lanka

Edited by 7.T.

Answer: In my hands.

Good thing they didn't take it away from me either. I paid for it. Unlike what they did to me in bfplay4free... Took my paid for weapon away from me and never gave it back.

The new sniper rifle doesn't appeal to me. Even if the power is a little higher. It's ugly.