Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Snipetron?

Bauchelain

I still think it's a total cop-out to remove an item for the sake of unfinalized lore when it would be just as easy to slightly edit the lore and not piss off a chunk of the playerbase...

Instead of removing the gun because it's a corpus gun that fires bullets... make a new skin for the corpus rifles, repackage the snipetron as a tenno gun made with the merging of corpus and grineer tech and problem solved without angering your customers.

I've already said many times I feel it's wrong when players say something can't be done because of the lore (which is still not final I might add, again) but to see the DEVS do it is very annoying. Games should be about gameplay FIRST and story SECOND and you should NEVER damage the gameplay over the lore, especially when the lore is NOT FINISHED.

in principle i got no problem with DE removing it

but with ZERO warning? that was not cool

i ranked it up to 30 previously and sold it to make room, but i would definitely kept it if i had known this kind of S#&$ was going to happen

It is confirmed that the rifle will be back later, possibly for some kind of event. When is still TBA.

Awesome! Whoever sees this and remembers, please post a date/time here when it is announced.

Much appreciated

Edited by 7.T.

The lore explanation for its removal is cute and all but don't Corpus Snipers still carry it? I haven't checked up on dear old Nef but what's he shooting these days?

I legitimately love my snipetron but I'm afraid to forma it in case I log in to find it quietly vanished by DE one day.

• 3 weeks later...

Snipetron was retired from service.

Corpus production facility was attacked and we are no longer able to replicate these weapons.

(Dev reason: It was a Corpus weapon that fired bullets, Grineer fire bullets and Corpus fire Lasers.)

In the live stream they said they were going to add a 1 time event to bring it back. Correct? Will we know when this is happening?

In the live stream they said they were going to add a 1 time event to bring it back. Correct? Will we know when this is happening?

Nope, and I'll still call DE on this. There is 0 reason not to bring the Snipertron back with a different skin for keeps. Unless DE wants to roll out some numbers and actual game mechanics why the Snipertron had to be remove it remains a poor choice.

Lore alone is not enough justification.