Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Techy People Care To Help Me Out?

OverlordMcGeek

I started laggin in everything about a week ago and so I though of defragmenting my thang.

Found a \\?\Volume{7e542fdf-3f78-44408f30-c3c827e04b14}\

as a hardrive. Searched online and couldn't find anything about volume being wonky. I don't know what it is since the  PBR Image and WINREtools shows up.

Need help since it shows it's 94% fragmented yet it doesn't allow itself to optimize when I try to fix it.

Do you happen to have a system restore point set to before all this started. Usually if something starts going weird with your computer it's good to head to an earlier restore point and scan for viruses, spyware, malware, etc. Also- how full is your hard drive. From my experience if there is <10% of space left on the HD, your system may start having issues running everything smoothly.

No GPU?

I meant, some people will obviously insist and probably will help you with this optimization issue, however, I honestly doubt that data fragmentation would cause "heavy lagging", as Warframe doesn't seem like a game that juggles loaded data constantly (but on the other hand, I've got beefier rig than you do).

And if you insist on optimizations, try Defraggler and CCleaner.

Edited by Mofixil

No GPU?

I meant, some people will obviously insist and probably will help you with this optimization issue, however, I honestly doubt that data fragmentation would cause "heavy lagging", as Warframe doesn't seem like a game that juggles loaded data constantly (but on the other hand, I've got beefier rig than you do).

And if you insist on optimizations, try Defraggler and CCleaner.

IntelR HD Graphics 4000

First and foremost, press ctrl+shift+esc, and click on "processes" then at the bottom tick "show all processes" (or press it, idk how it is in win8)

Any way, here look for any process that uses an insane amount of CPU resources, it can be anything from malware to official software from Microsoft/GPU manufacturers.

First and foremost, press ctrl+shift+esc, and click on "processes" then at the bottom tick "show all processes" (or press it, idk how it is in win8)

Any way, here look for any process that uses an insane amount of CPU resources, it can be anything from malware to official software from Microsoft/GPU manufacturers.

Currently the top

at .5%

Intel Rapid Storage TEch.

Bitdefender fluctuating from .5-2.2%

Chrome at .2-.3%

Currently the top

at .5%

Intel Rapid Storage TEch.

Bitdefender fluctuating from .5-2.2%

Chrome at .2-.3%

I was looking for 10% and above, nothing out of the ordinary right?

Also this lag, happens only when opening applications (i.e games) or in general?

Keep task manager open and open Warframe, look at CPU usage and RAM usage please.

Another thing, anything happen since you started noticing this? New software, updates etc.?

It could very well be your HDD but better diagnose properly

IntelR HD Graphics 4000

I'm not really up do date with performance of integrated GPUs, but I cannot see a way how such hardware would be capable of running more demanding games as sufficient framerates.

Unless this entire thread isn't about Warframe lagging.

I'd recommend trying Defraggler and CCleaner, what else can I do? Optimizations don't work on some volume because they don't work, no error messages, no anything.

Also open (from the performance tab in Task Manager) resource monitor.

There you have a "disk" part which shows you disk usage, see the behaviours, but as Mofixil said, Defragger or CCleaner could help but overall the system is on the low end.

I hope we could help you :/

What is a volume btw?

It's almost 1AM, wiki link/quote will have to suffice.

in the context of computer operating systems, a volume or logical drive is a single accessible storage area with a single file system, typically (though not necessarily) resident on a single partition of a hard disk.

sauce

Edited by Mofixil