The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Roll to Seduce(D20)

OverlordMcGeek

5 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Left early, got comfy in my bed and now I'm wide awake.

I just got home and it's raining again. I'm completely tired ^^

2 minutes ago, OverlordMcGeek said:

Pinch your neck a bit. You'll start feeling sleepy in no time.

I thought doing that wasn't healthy?

Good. Thank you.

A friend asked me to come and join her row boat racing team. Large 20 man boat, plus one that stirs. Looks similar to this photo but without the drums. I said yes because I didn't want to turn her down but I also don't want to fully commit. So I said I'll try this weekend for an hour. Might be fun?

Darling_Harbour_dragon_boat.jpg

14 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Good. Thank you.

A friend asked me to come and join her row boat racing team. Large 20 man boat, plus one that stirs. Looks similar to this photo but without the drums. I said yes because I didn't want to turn her down but I also don't want to fully commit. So I said I'll try this weekend for an hour. Might be fun?

Darling_Harbour_dragon_boat.jpg

It looks nice, and like a great opportunity to try, I think you should go.

And since it's teamwork, if something doesn't go top quality, it's not your fault x)

18 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I think I would love to stir. I don't know what you call the person who does this? Stirer? Driver? 

My sisters have recently taken up rowing so I've been getting info.

• The person who steers is called the coxswain, made for a great dinner conversation.
  • What they're doing in the picture is called dragon boating. It's fun because they have drum too keep rhythm but who cares it's a drum on a boat.
  • I'm not allowed to go rowing anymore (they tried), I generally take the piss out of it by doing large strokes and pulling a face :)
Edited by Postal_pat

6 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

It looks nice, and like a great opportunity to try, I think you should go.

And since it's teamwork, if something doesn't go top quality, it's not your fault x)

Great. I'll go and try this once. I hope I don't hit anyone? In case I join for good, would the rowing give me rambo size shoulders and pecs? 

3 minutes ago, Postal_pat said:

My sisters have recently taken up rowing so I've been getting info.

• The person who steers is called the coxswain, made for a great dinner conversation.
  • What they're doing in the picture is called dragon boating. It's fun because they have drum too keep rhythm but who cares it's a drum on a boat.
  • I'm not allowed to go rowing anymore (they tried), I generally take the piss out of it by doing large strokes and pulling a face :)

Thanks Postal Pat! Coxswain,  rrright. Do those things even capsize? I'm a good swimmer but at this time, water must be freezing. Ocean of the pacific, longbeach. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Thanks Postal Pat! Coxswain,  rrright. Do those things even capsize? I'm a good swimmer but at this time, water must be freezing. Ocean of the pacific, longbeach. 

All boats can capsize though if your friend is guiding you, you should be fine. It's not as easy as you think to tip people out of a boat.

Edited by Postal_pat

9 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Great. I'll go and try this once. I hope I don't hit anyone? In case I join for good, would the rowing give me rambo size shoulders and pecs? 

Right... That'd be weird in any case.

I don't think Rambo size, but maybe firm and stronger? That should if you do it regularly, like any exercise.

Nah, you shouldn't be hitting anyone unless you purposely do it.