Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Deep Question) What Is Your Ultimate Goal In Life?

Lord-Taco-the-Great

To be able to live until Oberon Prime arrives...

`-` no wait- I mean: Eh I don't know it's not like you can set an ultimate goal to something that is ever changing such as life, I know I can't.

With that said- I HOPE that whatever I end up doing makes me happy.

---

Add Minor goal: leave this piece of crap 3rd world country I live in and go somewhere with less homophobes `-`

I would have to find some balance between freedom to choose and choosing, because I can't confidently answer this question without feeling constrained, even though being able to answer honestly is a luxury.

Freedom is a paradox for humans. We want to be 'free' to do what we wish, and simultaneously create rules to limit what we do. So I'd love to find either something that appeases both desires, or (of course) an external option.

Beyond that, it would be pleasant to have gotten rid of any lingering stresses and negative emotions before I die.

Edited by MageMeat

I just sort of wander on. I've had hopes, goals, and dreams all crushed. I've had a lot of bad things happen and had to start again and again. Whenever I start to get things going again I get another setback. Sometimes I find a reason, it might only last a short time. I've still got time to find a reason and an ultimate goal, but for now. Nothing.

We've hypothesized a whole bunch of different types of "life." Synthetic life, XNA life, memetic life, chromodynamic and gravitational life...

I think I'd like to find a way to transition between some of them. The biggest hurdle will be preserving my meat-bag form long enough to make the move to either a conventional or quantum digital system. Once that's accomplished, I'm sure I'll have a far easier time solving the problem of how to take additional steps.

I've come to look at my life as one big intellectual sight-seeing tour, and I think I'd like to expand that idea to include existing (if you can think of it that way) in as many different forms as possible. You know, just to see what life is like in all these different states.

I've heard it said that humans, more than any other life form on this planet, are "the running animal." I'd like to take that mandate to its furthest theoretical limits, and maybe see if I can't keep running - in one form or another - for as long as I can go. Maybe I'll make it all the way to the assumed Heat Death of Everything. Let's call that the finish line.