The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does The New Parkour 2.0 Remove Coptering?

iceyShardZ

Cf. what I just said : if you want to rush a mission as fast as possible then pick the adequate warframe and equipment and stop complaining because you want to go as fast as a volt with a frost. If you're not capable of adapting your warframe and equipment to the mission type you're going in then don't blame it on [DE] for removing abusive moves such as coptering and providing a great parkour system.

xD Coptering always had been a part of warframe, it characterizes and represents the movement of warframe, if DE sees it as an abusive movement tool they should have been removing it earlier, now its too late and the rage will grow about the new insanely slow movement

still its funny that its claimed that the new parcour 2.0 will offer movement tricks that are supposed to keep the speed you can finish missions compared to the parcour 1.0 system... i doubt it what about you?

Edited by W4vE

Yeah clearly recoding the entire parkour system is that easy that they're now working on it since several months, but yeah maybe they should've start it earlier instead of proposing new content to players always eager to get new warframes and mission types and such, you might be right ! Oh, wait... maybe not. Coptering has never been recognized as an official manoeuver but instead it's always been considered as a trick based on some flaws in the movement system to bypass the stamina system and the speed limitations of the warframes. Wait, bypassing basic functions... isn't it called "cheating" ? ;)

Edited by Yros

Yeah clearly recoding the entire parkour system is that easy that they're now working on it since several months, but yeah maybe they should've start it earlier instead of proposing new content to players always eager to get new warframes and mission types and such, you might be right ! Oh, wait... maybe not. Coptering has never been recognized as an official manoeuver but instead it's always been considered as a trick based on some flaws in the movement system to bypass the stamina system and the speed limitations of the warframes. Wait, bypassing basic functions... isn't it called "cheating" ? ;)

who claims it bypasses basic functions, why did coptering exist for years? DE never did something against it, so it seems they tolerated it, they cant fix the problem they've created by waiting with its removal, now it will create much more problems than it will solve

Actually you're not supposed to pick slow - defensive warframe in missions that you rush. They're intended to show their potential while defending objectives (defences, mobile defences, survival, and so on). Go play Volt if you want to rush a mission and stop promoting abusive moves. Using your brain to win IS fun. Coptering isn't fun, it's barely like activating the ultimate cheat on any game to feel powerful. Feels great ? Maybe, but so what ? It's pointless and there's no challenge. Try playing without it and you'll see that Warframe is quite enjoyable even without having to use it.

where is the player choice if you are always "supphosed" to do stuff? 

and yeah that kind of coptering is definitely normal,have you tried coptering with faster frames? it actually makes you go faster,try coptering with volt,so the speed difference is still there,true,we are flying ,but this is 50% of the fun in the game,the acrobatics, all the farming will now be extremely boring without coptering,and without feeling like a flying disc,if we just walk or jump around the map and be like "meh, kill this, kill that" 50% of the fun is deleted

and for those of you who think a scindo or any large weapon can't make you go as fast, well, with these weapons you don't copter, you just fking fly,and its almost as fun and fast as coptering, there is barely a difference,

proof:

acrobatics,coptering,and flying around are 50% of all the fun in the game,if you take that out honestly the game is ruined,its like taking a bunch of jets and making them into golf carts,honestly that is just purely ugly and unfun, again, i want the new acrobatics and the bullet jump, but maybe just don't replace the coptering?

Edited by iceyShardZ

Just stop it already.

We will get Parkour 2.0. We wont copter anymore and you wont change this fact.

are you pissed? its not like anybody here takes my opinion seriously anyway, i mean if everybody likes to be slow can i argue?

seriously chill, why is everyone so pissed 

Edited by iceyShardZ

I'm sad about losing coptering and aerial melee because they fit my control scheme well. Being able to get more out of my melee button when I don't need to use it as an attack feels efficient to me. And being able to attack and move in one motion feels cohesive in melee combat. I understand the new moves will fit the default control scheme better. But I think the spirint/slide based combos should still be available for those who've enjoyed honing their techniques over the years, even if in a more limited form. The range is too far currently but I think they should be able to throttle it back and still have it as an option.

I think a large part of why I'm sad they're removing it now is because I feel like after two years I've barely begun to really master them. They add a lot of gameplay depth for me though I know most people have an extremely shallow understanding of the current movement system. I hope the new movement system is also easy to learn and difficult to master.

Edited by Ryjeon

Parkour 2.0 is slower, but you have no context at all.

There was a time when coptering didn't exist. How did people survive that?

Then coptering came. Then you got "used" to it. That's the problem. You got "used" to the speed. And that speed is pretty broken in my opinion. I know how to copter too, it's way too broken. Fun? Yeah, overpowered stuff is the guilty pleasure of players.

I'm sad about losing coptering and aerial melee because they fit my control scheme well. Being able to get more out of my melee button when I don't need to use it as an attack feels efficient to me. And being having to attack and move in one motion feels cohesive in melee range. I understand the new moves will fit the default control scheme better. But I think the spirint/slide based combos should still be available for those who've enjoyed honing their techniques over the years, even if in a more limited form. The range is too far currently but I think they should be able to throttle it back and still have it as an option.

I think a large part of why I'm sad they're removing it now is because I feel like after two years I've barely begun to really master them. They add a lot of gameplay depth for me though I know most people have an extremely shallow understanding of the current movement system. I hope the new movement system is also easy to learn and difficult to master.

exactly,what is the point of a melee weapon, if not for coptering, the only reason to keep a melee after this update is maybe for infested and that's it, i think it would take alot of fun out of the game, and reduce greatly the use of melee weapons

Finally people will start using other melee. Now I only see Tipedo. With new parkour you even don't need melee to be fast. Melee exist for fight, not fly. With Parkour 2.0 you will have more freedom, not only "I want to be fast so I need Tipedo".

exactly,what is the point of a melee weapon, if not for coptering, the only reason to keep a melee after this update is maybe for infested and that's it, i think it would take alot of fun out of the game, and reduce greatly the use of melee weapons

Do you even know how to mod properly melee weapons? Because after this post I guess not. 

Edited by MrDar1o

Finally people will start using other melee. Now I only see Tipedo. With new parkour you even don't need melee to be fast. Melee exist for fight, not fly. With Parkour 2.0 you will have more freedom, not only "I want to be fast so I need Tipedo".

look at my video. it proves you don't have to have a tipedo, i personally am fast with every single weapon

are you pissed? its not like anybody here takes my opinion seriously anyway, i mean if everybody likes to be slow can i argue?

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed.

All these threads about a new system that isn't even in the game yet.

But hey, let's make more threads about things we don't even have tested. Thats great, right?

Edited by WhiteMarker

Do you even know how to mod properly melee weapons? Because after this post I guess not. 

yeah i do i am aware of the damage, yes, but some primary weapons like the boltor p just kicks the melee in the face and tells it is not needed for killing enemies at all

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed.

All these threads about a new system that isn't even in the game yet.

But hey, let's make more threads about things we don't even have tested. Thats great, right?

im just a little frustrated, that's all, its just that to me personally coptering is very fun, what i really wanted from this post is for someone to tell me how can i give DE my feedback, i obviously can't force them right? i just want them to notice my opinion and then come out with an optimal solution

Edited by iceyShardZ

People don't understand the purpose of the feedback forum is to give our feedback. So that means sharing different perspectives including ones that people may disagree with or that may be unpopular. Some people take it upon themselves to attack the feedback of the people they disagree with, or to assert that the popular perspective is necessarily the correct perspective. But I think it's important to remember that both sides love the game even if it's for different reasons. Ideally game changes should in some way address the concerns of the playerbase as a whole and not just the vocal presence. Maybe parkour 2.0 will work out, or maybe not right away. In the end we've all made our concerns available and the developers can take those into account as they further evolve their game into what they'd like it to become.

People don't understand the purpose of the feedback forum is to give our feedback. So that means sharing different perspectives including ones that people may disagree with or that may be unpopular. Some people take it upon themselves to attack the feedback of the people they disagree with, or to assert that the popular perspective is necessarily the correct perspective. But I think it's important to remember that both sides love the game even if it's for different reasons. Ideally game changes should in some way address the concerns of the playerbase as a whole and not just the vocal presence. Maybe parkour 2.0 will work out, or maybe not right away. In the end we've all made our concerns available and the developers can take those into account as they further evolve their game into what they'd like it to become.

yeah that's all i wanted, i can't force the developers to do what i want, i just want them to take my thoughts into account,they may do what they want, but i just want my opinion heard

Let's see...

Parkour 2.0 will come with U17. DE told us there will be no more Hotfix until U17. This means that U17 will drop pretty soon.

So, do you really think your feedback will change anything now? They wont change the parkouring system again, because some people want to keep their coptering...

Let's see...

Parkour 2.0 will come with U17. DE told us there will be no more Hotfix until U17. This means that U17 will drop pretty soon.

So, do you really think your feedback will change anything now? They wont change the parkouring system again, because some people want to keep their coptering...

umm, the update hasn't launched yet, they still have time to change stuff, and as mugamu stated 6 days ago, it is still Heavily under development, which means that there IS room for a change, you are appearently so hooked on the new parkour stuff that you just want to delete what i think, i tell you what though, if they can find a way to keep the new parkour 2.0, and the coptering, im all for it,heck give it to me now,just take my money, but why taking copterin out? its just a fun way to pass the time,its not ruining any gameplay, its fun fast, funny at times especially with friends,we even do copter races some times,and let me tell you, not everybody can copter so fast so easily ,you need to practice it, just a little bit, but you do, there is a way to copter faster, and slower, that's how we can race, whoever does it better is faster,and honestly its non other than efficient,it only helps surviving better and again generally having more fun, if they remove it im okay with it, i just want them to hear my opinion before the update comes out

Edited by iceyShardZ

Ridiculous that someone would tell you to stop talking - here's a tip - you don't like it, there are other topics that might suit you. That being said, the guy made an anti-argument against nerfing coptering. He was challenged to prove whether coptering was better / faster than what we know about Parkour 2.0 He posted a video PROVING HIS POINT - as requested. That is supposed to be the point where you surrender. You have no more argument! You LOST that point because there is proof of what he said. STOP FIGHTING and submit! YOU CHALLENGED HIM - he didn't challenge YOU, why are you arguing like a little brat who didn't get his way? Give the man his kudos and eat your crow sammich - you were wrong and he is right.

STOP FLAMING AND TROLLING and accept that you lost that one. Your life will still go on.... Don't worry, be happy!