Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Kind Of Excalibur Builds Are Players Running?

(PSN)Treezzy1

Question

21 answers to this question

Well I run a Prisma Dual Cleaver build. It's better to use as you don't always have to rely on EB.

Running with:

Pressure Point, Justice Blade, Spoiled Strike, Berserker

Lifestrike, Elemental Mod, Elemental Mod, Elemental Mod/Slash Mod.

I switch on the situation. The Elemental mods I use are usually the 60%/60% ones then add another one for extra damage.

Well I run a Prisma Dual Cleaver build. It's better to use as you don't always have to rely on EB.

Running with:

Pressure Point, Justice Blade, Spoiled Strike, Berserker

Lifestrike, Elemental Mod, Elemental Mod, Elemental Mod/Slash Mod.

I switch on the situation. The Elemental mods I use are usually the 60%/60% ones then add another one for extra damage.

cool..thats was d 2nd build i would like to try.. but do u think mine is bad for being all damage without elemental combos? And btw mine and yours which would do more damage

cool..thats was d 2nd build i would like to try.. but do u think mine is bad for being all damage without elemental combos? And btw mine and yours which would do more damage

Not really sure as I haven't tried your build because of the lack of slash mods. All I have now is Rending Strike and Jagged Edge. I don't think it would be bad, but it would't be ok as well since Prisma Skana does sh*t damage. If you are using that build on Prisma Dual Cleavers then it should be better.

Not really sure as I haven't tried your build because of the lack of slash mods. All I have now is Rending Strike and Jagged Edge. I don't think it would be bad, but it would't be ok as well since Prisma Skana does sh*t damage. If you are using that build on Prisma Dual Cleavers then it should be better.

Good point. I dont really mind the melee itself cos i want to be on exalted blade all the time, buti guess it wouldnt hurt to use a better melee weapon, ancient disruptors always a threat Edited by (PS4)Treezzy1

AoE status proc. The toxin from gas proc seems to bypass armor, so it usually does twice the damage of the wave itself, plus the consequent multiple toxin dot. Electro is affected by armor, but it stuns in addition to the blind.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Gas_Damage

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Electricity_Damage

Edited by Bouldershoulder

AoE status proc. The toxin from gas proc seems to bypass armor, so it usually does twice the damage of the wave itself, plus the consequent multiple toxin dot. Electro is affected by armor, but it stuns in addition to the blind.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Gas_Damage

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Electricity_Damage

oh thanks

oh wow dogmandan.i'm a fan. Thanks alot..didnt know the youtubers came down here. Great video. A little long tho

re-work required a whole new explanation of everything otherwise it would not normally be so long, and yes I am on the forums a lot

With the rework, and my maxxed-out Dakra Prime, exalted blade is dealing 50k crits on T2 enemies.  100k Crits if you use Radial Blind.

First off, High efficiency is a must.  Streamline and 45% of Fleeting.  That's 2 mods.

Next, max out Range, with Overextended.  Add Intensify to counteract the strength drop from Overex.  Exalted Blade doesn't need stupidly high strength, it does insane damage anyways.  This makes 5 mods.

Redirection and Vitality let you tank when the enemies are coming around corners and avoiding Radial Blind, giving you time to soak bullets until they are all blinded.  This gives 7 mods total used.

Add a Continuity to offset your fleeting, this gives 8 mods, and you now can own entire rooms solo.  Your blind duration isn't crippled which comes in handy.

Radial Blind, like always, is a bread and butter skill.  Bringing a whole room to a halt makes it invaluable, and opens enemies up to finisher damage.  It's crowd control that always works well.  If the enemies can see you, you should blind them.

With your insane range, Slash Dash now becomes one of the game's premiere mobility skills.  Only Valkyr gets higher marks from me for ripline being so easy to use.  Nova's wormhole gets snagged on barrels, bushes, and railings.  Slash Dash now gets you almost anywhere on the map.  A Loki can out-distance you, and a very skilled Zephyr could outfly you, but Zephy's tricky to keep stable with.

With a +75% bonus to efficiency, your powers are spammable.  Exalted Blade lasts forever.  With a good set of melee mods, Exalted Blade's damage is formidable, your range is off the chart, and Excalibur's enemies fall fast and dead well into the high level missions.

With the rework, and my maxxed-out Dakra Prime, exalted blade is dealing 50k crits on T2 enemies. 100k Crits if you use Radial Blind.

First off, High efficiency is a must. Streamline and 45% of Fleeting. That's 2 mods.

Next, max out Range, with Overextended. Add Intensify to counteract the strength drop from Overex. Exalted Blade doesn't need stupidly high strength, it does insane damage anyways. This makes 5 mods.

Redirection and Vitality let you tank when the enemies are coming around corners and avoiding Radial Blind, giving you time to soak bullets until they are all blinded. This gives 7 mods total used.

Add a Continuity to offset your fleeting, this gives 8 mods, and you now can own entire rooms solo. Your blind duration isn't crippled which comes in handy.

Radial Blind, like always, is a bread and butter skill. Bringing a whole room to a halt makes it invaluable, and opens enemies up to finisher damage. It's crowd control that always works well. If the enemies can see you, you should blind them.

With your insane range, Slash Dash now becomes one of the game's premiere mobility skills. Only Valkyr gets higher marks from me for ripline being so easy to use. Nova's wormhole gets snagged on barrels, bushes, and railings. Slash Dash now gets you almost anywhere on the map. A Loki can out-distance you, and a very skilled Zephyr could outfly you, but Zephy's tricky to keep stable with.

With a +75% bonus to efficiency, your powers are spammable. Exalted Blade lasts forever. With a good set of melee mods, Exalted Blade's damage is formidable, your range is off the chart, and Excalibur's enemies fall fast and dead well into the high level missions.

i have to say this is an awesome build. But i like overkill the negetive strength on overextended doeant suit me..i even bought the pendragon helmet for more strength. I'd swap out overextended for stretch and redirection for rage. So u have vitality and low sheild meaning your health is constantly drained and u have lots of energy. in which case u can spam abilities without a flow mod Edited by (PS4)Treezzy1

First off, get rid of the +slash mods. Replace with a couple of elements. Because of EB's high damage, I'd focus on attack speed over damage/hit; Fury instead of Spoiled Strike and maybe TS instead of an element... you could also install Reflection on the frame build to keep zerker active.

I use 3 setups for my excal build;

A strength build for high EB damage - mostly this is just overkill tho

A tank build with QT, PFlow, lots of Health and Armor and max eff - this is better than the strength build for EB against high level enemies, imo

An Execute build with duration and decent range for Radial Blind, plus the augment for massive execute damage - great for taking out high level heavies

I'm currently running Prisma Dual Cleavers: Crossing Snakes; Pressure point; Buzz KIll; True Punishment; Organ Shatter; Fury; True Steel; Berserker; Justice Blades.

For: 1.3att/spd; 40%crit; 5.7xCrit; 197.1 Slash.

Blindingly fast standard and EB attacks.

Still relevelling excaliber so not entirely sure how I'll mod it for various situations, but I suspect that dual cleaver setup will be the one I'll stick with.

I'm currently running Prisma Dual Cleavers: Crossing Snakes; Pressure point; Buzz KIll; True Punishment; Organ Shatter; Fury; True Steel; Berserker; Justice Blades.

I suspect that dual cleaver setup will be the one I'll stick with.

You do know that the True Punishment mod only has an effect while you're channeling, right? Also Buzzkill doesn't add much damage to EB; replace those two mods with +180% of an element and you'd be much better off. Finally, the attack speed of the weapon doesn't effect EB directly, although the speed boost from Fury and Zerker does.

And the crit damage/chance on EB's not great; it benefits from TrueSteel because of more Zerker procs, but I would drop Organ Shatter. Dropping OS really hurts your non-EB damage, tho.

LifeStrike? Or are you okay with just the healing from the syndicate AoE?

I did a lot of playing around and testing with Excalibur until I came to this build: http://goo.gl/laOLpc

Steel Fiber + QT + Vitality + Primed Flow gives a really great effective HP for Excal, aside from the fact that he blocks almost all damage from the front with EB active.  Rage regens energy and works well considering his high armor. Max Fleeting Expertise for the efficiency. Stretch for the range on RB and great mobility on Slash Dash. Intensify to add more damage to Slash Dash, Radial Javelin, Exalted Blade, and the finisher damage from Radial Blind. I don't think much additional power strength is needed, considering the Blind gives a 4x multiplier to all melee damage (including the blade waves) and Radial Blind's finishers bypass armor and shields. Duration isn't as necessary either, since Radial Blind lasts just long enough for you to slaughter an entire room in EB...and the mini-RB is spammable via slide-attacks. Use slide attacks for the blind damage multiplier, and use RB sparingly to wipe a huge room or for the added survivability. 

For the melee weapons, I switch back and forth between a crit build for Prisma Dual Cleavers (Heal + increased armor), Prisma Skana (Heal + increased HP) and Mire (energy restore + movement speed)...lately I've been sticking to the Mire. I keep life strike on all my melee for the emergency heal. After a blind, it only takes one attack to jump back to full, then turn channeling back off.

Edited by CombatPastor

The good thing about EB is that you can basically mod in anyway you want.

> Crit Build

> Damage Build

> Speed Build

They all work and will all increase your damage output in different ways. For example EB seems to have a 20% crit chance which is enough for a crit build or to use the berserker mod to speed up your attack speed which leads to more waves being send on their way in the same amount time.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

I use the Mire as my blade for the energy regen red veil mod and have both melee overall damage mods, life steal, beserker, fury and primed reach.

My Excal is built for effecinecy and strength (both effeciency mods, blind rage and transient fortitude) and I have all 3 surviviability mods as well as flow on there too.

I might run out of energy once or twice on a 40 minute T4 survival

Plus it's a great build for passively leveling pistols and rifles