The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling Fast With Limbo And Spy 2.0

ViolentOrange

Question

So there is a spy mission on Eris, i think its Gnathos, wich gives you 12000 affinity per console hacked, now if you have limbo the mission is easier because you can pass through corpus lasers, cameras and enemies are still a thing tho.

And also the hack must be done undetected and by the time you leave you will have a lot of affinity.

But you have to bring 1 weapon and no companion there or the xp will be shared between your items.

You can also got with Loki or Ash to stealth, although that won't save you from the lasers.

By the time you leave you will have gained approx, 36000 affinity.

Good luck!

11 answers to this question

Been doing this for months.  If you bring in just your unranked weapon, and no other gear, you can get from 0 to 11 in one run.  12, if you happen to get one of the 5000 affinity bonus tasks.  I use this method to bring newly Forma'd weapons from unranked back to 30 within an hour.

Edit:  Also worth noting that sentinels do not detract from the pool of affinity earned by your frame and weapons, so you can bring one along if you want.  Just remember to take off the mod that makes them auto-attack things, as it can get you into trouble in the vault.

Video references:

Edited by (PS4)Rakiokon

not bad but basicly every frame can do it ._. if your acrobatic enjoy xD

This is very true.  Limbo on Corpus spy runs is just braindead easy.  Really, once you know the vaults well enough, any Spy mission is incredibly easy.  In addition to leveling weapons pretty quickly, it's also a relatively efficient way of farming for T3 keys, if you don't feel like slogging through an excavation run.

I call this "cheesing" the spy missions. Not as an insult to the method - I love doing the new Spy missions. With Limbo, I typically bring a Huras Kubrow along with Limbo. As long as you don't attack, you're almost permanently invisible. Literaly easy-mode Spy missions. ...I don't trust the Shade.

You can also use Loki to go near-perma invis, then Switch Teleport through the laser grids. Be caseful with Loki, however. The Decoy can draw enemy attention and they may panic and activate an alarm. Usually best to kill all nearby enemies before starting the Switch Teleporting.

I've had friends tell me that Mirage's Sleight of Hand can be used to easy-walk through laser grids and cameras as well. She's also got a passive to make parkour easier, so there's that. Maybe a Raksa Kubrow with her - to scare away enemies? Thoughts?

Maybe we should put together the easiest methods to run Spy missions with each frame?

A huras kubrow and the glaive.  Nothing else matters, take whatever frame and/or unranked weapon that you want.

lol, good point.

I guess I was just thinking about stuff like using Banshee's Silence and Sonar + Huras Kubrow = using any weapons you want, silent or not. Another decent way to level any weapon you want without repercussions. With this Banshee setup, you may not even need the Huras. You can shoot out cameras or enemies without worry.

Another example: Using Ash's invisibility and Shuriken for silent kills, taking out cameras, etc. Teleport can be used to stealth kill enemies.

Edited by CombatPastor

1h just to max 1 weapon is not fast at all.

True.  It's way more efficient to let someone else carry you through Kiste/Draco.

https://twitter.com/QuietteShy/status/616312729964560384

But running through Spy 2.0 missions is something that you can do completely solo, which, as a mostly solo player, I appreciate immensely.

Besides, I'm already MR19, with every weapon (except for Despair) and frame (except Elytron, because Archwing is not very fun to play, let alone grind) already 30's out.  I'm going through and maxing out weapons I like, one Forma at a time.  Given that I've already burnt through the stockpile of Forma I had built up, and have to wait for one to finish cooking every day, before I can do anything productive with my game time, I'm really in no rush.

True.  It's way more efficient to let someone else carry you through Kiste/Draco.

https://twitter.com/QuietteShy/status/616312729964560384

But running through Spy 2.0 missions is something that you can do completely solo, which, as a mostly solo player, I appreciate immensely.

Besides, I'm already MR19, with every weapon (except for Despair) and frame (except Elytron, because Archwing is not very fun to play, let alone grind) already 30's out.  I'm going through and maxing out weapons I like, one Forma at a time.  Given that I've already burnt through the stockpile of Forma I had built up, and have to wait for one to finish cooking every day, before I can do anything productive with my game time, I'm really in no rush.

Rakiokon, I know the feeling. I took to starting a forma build every day - but I took a break from leveling stuff for a bit. I'm up to 22 forma waiting now, and in the meanwhile I've been farming stuff to sell for plat.

iBoiz, there are faster methods to level like this (Draco, Seimeni, Sechura, etc.) but all those require someone else to carry you from 0 - 30. This method (starting with Spy missions for initial levels, then switching to something else - probably a survival or defense - after you've gotten a few mod on) is still pretty fast, and keeps you from wearing out your welcome with Draco farms. Unless you can get together some friends or clanmates willing to level your weapons for you, this method is great...and not monotonous. Check out

from H3dsh0t for a few leveling ideas. Edited by CombatPastor

iBoiz, there are faster methods to level like this (Draco, Seimeni, Sechura, etc.) but all those require someone else to carry you from 0 - 30.

What you said is leeching off someone.

If you want to max weapons only - join draco/stephano and contribute by playing as a supportive frame, not straight off leeching. ex play as Trinity, Frost, buffers

If you want to max a frame - play T1/2D bring 1 good weapon and you can max any frame + other 2 weapons in 3 runs and less.

I don't need to check out anyone else's leveling ideas. Have a mr18 account on pc with 9 days of play time, let alone mr19 on ps4 with almost everything forma'd at least 3 times. Sechura is no longer a good leveling spot as it takes way too long after wave 5.

You should also quick run Raids, find crates with affinity booster and later level your frames/weapon.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz