Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Smaller Clans Have To Suffer

DiBBz

so update 8 came out and its AWESOME , and it just got me think so here are all the bug clans all ready got there clan halls set up etc etc and dual areas yet , for most that run a guild thats somewhat small they have to suffer..

i mean im not one to complain or that but my clan has ranged from 50+ but to many go inactive so there is only a handful , but the main point here is when you click find a clan section on the forum is all just littered with giant clans that support over 200+ players

what about the threads way way way down the bottom that get ignored when ever somone replys to the thread its only then taking by one of the other BIG clans

so i was thinking why no split the threads up a bit , have big clans that over 200 players put them in big clans section and smaller ones put them in another

Yeah... I have a small clan with my close friends. Needless to say, it'll be a while before we can even get an Oracle built.

i currently have around maybe 7 active members but thats about it tbh , and it will take us a long &#! time to get even close to building a great hall let alone the dual hall

its simple. A small clan has a smaller ship that makes sense right? Wut a 3 man clan owns a star ship with 100 rooms common!!! Anyway i bought a key and am in the dojo its not that hard to make rooms. A smalls ship with 3-4 rooms is easily doable for 3-4 people within a week of mat farming 

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

its simple. A small clan has a smaller ship that makes sense right? Wut a 3 man clan owns a star ship with 100 rooms common!!! Anyway i bought a key and am in the dojo its not that hard to make rooms. A smalls ship with 3-4 rooms is easily doable for 3-4 people within a week of mat farming 

We can't even really build a small ship...So...

Er..... the only holdup seems to be the forma so....

The main methods of forma distribution (alerts/login rewards) scale with members. Half as many members automatically halves the maximum amount of forma you can get, and no amount of dedication on the parts of individual players will make up for it (I'm not taking into account orokin areas until I've played them).

The main methods of forma distribution (alerts/login rewards) scale with members. Half as many members automatically halves the maximum amount of forma you can get, and no amount of dedication on the parts of individual players will make up for it (I'm not taking into account orokin areas until I've played them).

Well yes. But its not really that hard to build a couple rooms over a month or two from the looks of it. Smaller clans just have to work a little more for it. It is by no means inaccessible.

Well yes. But its not really that hard to build a couple rooms over a month or two from the looks of it. Smaller clans just have to work a little more for it. It is by no means inaccessible.

They don't have to work more, they have to wait more, because the amount they get is hard capped to be half of a clan twice the size.

Unless the void keys actually provide a steady stream of forma. Then I take everything back. We'll see in a few days, I guess.

i dont think your understand were the point of this is coming into , it more or less alot of resources to gather and to do with the find a clan section on the forum , we dont care if we can build a couple of rooms for our dojo its more or less painfull grinding to gain resources

Er..... the only holdup seems to be the forma so....

exactly hence why you will need alot of members if you ever want the chance to some forma , with 7 or so members i dont think there is a chance that it will be done by a month time frame

we are not saying its inaccessible we know if we work hard enough we can get the rooms its more or less the painful grinding alot with all the top clan threads on the forums being at the top cause there members are bumping it just so it stays on top

we all know the dojo is in alpha and we get that test and experiment with new things and give constructive feedback but for a small clan it a total nightmare

We can't even really build a small ship...So...

It really isn't ill be honest with you. With hard core playing i can get all the mats myself in about a 3-4 weeks to build my own dam small ship with 2-4 rooms. Its your clan crib why do people seem to think hey need it built by tomorrow. Mmo's and rpgs should take a month or two of investment come on be reasonable.

It really isn't ill be honest with you. With hard core playing i can get all the mats myself in about a 3-4 weeks to build my own dam small ship with 2-4 rooms. Its your clan crib why do people seem to think hey need it built by tomorrow. Mmo's and rpgs should take a month or two of investment come on be reasonable.

i think people here are really mistunderstand the core element of the thread WITCH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DOJO , we know you must invest time in a MMO if you ever want to achive something or craft something we are talking about how underrated clans dont get there time to shine because when ever a post is made on there thread its quickly put to the next page cause either a members of the top Clan threads bump there thread or a new recruit is wanting to join

also dont know about you but everyone is just going for large clans

i think people here are really mistunderstand the core element of the thread WITCH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DOJO , we know you must invest time in a MMO if you ever want to achive something or craft something we are talking about how underrated clans dont get there time to shine because when ever a post is made on there thread its quickly put to the next page cause either a members of the top Clan threads bump there thread or a new recruit is wanting to join

also dont know about you but everyone is just going for large clans

Apologies, I kinda threw it off subject with my reply regarding how it'll take my friends and I quite a long time to build anything.

Apologies, I kinda threw it off subject with my reply regarding how it'll take my friends and I quite a long time to build anything.

its no problem however i do agree it will take a longer time but thats just how it works i guess

Yeah kinda bummed on the high material requirements.  I don't mind grinding for stuff, but its going to take forever with my small friend-based group.   I mean, credits are no issue, and some resources are surprisingly easy, but others, will take a long time.

My solution, si that it would be ncie if there could be clans that are pre-determined as small-medium, and large.  Small is like 50 or less, large is 50+ to about 150 or 200, and large is about 150+ or 200+.   With this said, the material requirement will be slightly lowered for each respectful clan size.   Also, once you pick a size, you can not upgrade or downgrade.

Yeah, I play with three friends, who all play less than I do. I'd like to see something done about the resource requirements for rooms. I feel an ideal solution would be to make the room price vary depending on the size of the clans roster. To prevent players from scamming, rooms become locked off if new members join and the current resource cost exceeds the amount of deposited resources.

Yeah, I play with three friends, who all play less than I do. I'd like to see something done about the resource requirements for rooms. I feel an ideal solution would be to make the room price vary depending on the size of the clans roster. To prevent players from scamming, rooms become locked off if new members join and the current resource cost exceeds the amount of deposited resources.

hopefully this can be someone implemented as the dojo and its prices are still in alpha testing

yeah, my 3 man clan is going to be a LONG time from anything meaningful with teh dojo. i don't mind it taking longer for smaller clans, but at our rate it will be forever before we can get to the goodies. a few hours a night (if i'm lucky) just isn't much for resource collectin.

Yeah kinda bummed on the high material requirements.  I don't mind grinding for stuff, but its going to take forever with my small friend-based group.   I mean, credits are no issue, and some resources are surprisingly easy, but others, will take a long time.

My solution, si that it would be ncie if there could be clans that are pre-determined as small-medium, and large.  Small is like 50 or less, large is 50+ to about 150 or 200, and large is about 150+ or 200+.   With this said, the material requirement will be slightly lowered for each respectful clan size.   Also, once you pick a size, you can not upgrade or downgrade.

Think for a second on your solution for a moment... Think of an exploit because i already thought of one.

I will kick all my 200+ members out to lower the material requirement, and then slowly add them one by one and have them deposit material to create the structure. After the member is dry, kick him out and add another one with a lot of material. Rinse and repeat till everything is built. When everything is built, re-add all 200+ members, gg, finished the dojo content in one day. k thanks bye.

And the last idea is kind of bad. No game would ever dead lock a player/clan because they reach a milestone. Its like what if you have 200+ players but you only have 20 players that actually still play the game? Well you're freaken screwed because now you have dead weight, literally.

And since you said the word pick, that would easily be abused too, if its a tight nit clan that everybody are friends and talks on ventrilo, or any other voip, you can abuse it easily too.

Amongst the 200+ members or whatever you have, choose 49 members (that is if 50 is the tier 2 resource requirement) out of however many you have that has the most resource and you can easily build probably more then half of all the stuff there easily. Then when they all run out of resources, either kick and replace 49 other or just add everybody back in since you got a lot of the stuff already built. (usually the important stuff build first)

* All in all, there is no solution to this dojo thing. It was your choice to play in a small clan, and it was also your choice to make a small clan. Nobody is forcing you to play in a clan of only your friends. This is an online game, so go make new friends while playing with your friends, 2x the fun? This is a PvE game atm, having new weapons/better weapons wont affect other players as much as a PvP game. The only thing that would do to other players not having such new weapons would be jealously/envious.

Think of it being this way, big clans would bore themselves really fast because they got everything in a few days without actually trying, how boring is that?

* And if you play in a small clan, well you work for it, its blood and sweat achievement, what more is better then having to work for something you all wanted to achieve and finally got it? I'm 100% sure that working for it blood and sweat would be better then having a zerg clan build everything in a few days.

If you don't agree with the paragraph that has a star... pity, you must've been a rich spoiled kid during your life time.. -_-;'' Wish i had that opportunity/life.

*edit: Oh and one more thing, if you say there should be a time limit after kicking or joining to allow the resource to be deposited, that is kind of pointless. Ban the player for 1 day? No prob, still going to finish building everything maybe a day or two later. Its still faster then having a clan of 20 friends.

2 days? Still faster then having a clan of 20 friends

3 days? ^

A whole week? Well holy damn, i better do the whole adding the selected few with the most resources again. btw, its still faster then the clan of 20 friends.

My point is, big clans will always still be faster. Its just life, big company make probably more money, small company make decent-a lot of money, but usually never more then the big/best company. Its just how life works.

Another example, rich people can enjoy more things then people with less money. Its the truth...

Edited by Wabbie

i dont think your understand were the point of this is coming into , it more or less alot of resources to gather and to do with the find a clan section on the forum , we dont care if we can build a couple of rooms for our dojo its more or less painfull grinding to gain resources

exactly hence why you will need alot of members if you ever want the chance to some forma , with 7 or so members i dont think there is a chance that it will be done by a month time frame

we are not saying its inaccessible we know if we work hard enough we can get the rooms its more or less the painful grinding alot with all the top clan threads on the forums being at the top cause there members are bumping it just so it stays on top

we all know the dojo is in alpha and we get that test and experiment with new things and give constructive feedback but for a small clan it a total nightmare

If each member got 1 key a week you could complete 1-2 rooms a week depending on the room, most requiring only 5 keys. With only 7 members as in your post.

yeah, my 3 man clan is going to be a LONG time from anything meaningful with teh dojo. i don't mind it taking longer for smaller clans, but at our rate it will be forever before we can get to the goodies. a few hours a night (if i'm lucky) just isn't much for resource collectin.

Whats the point of a 3 man clan, isnt that just a friends list?