Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Frame Weapons

onespirit5777

You have weapons that can only be used by Prime warframes - Quanta has two ways to cause damage: laser and exploding cubes.

Frost prime weapon - Standard damage or Cold damage caused but energy is taken to do it. This weapon can only be used by Frost Prime.

Rhino prime weapon - Standard damage or Blast damage caused but energy is taken to do it. This weapon can only be used by Rhino Prime.

......and the list goes on......

For those that are new, the energy that I'm talking about is the energy used for your 4 abilities. These weapons should be strong enough to get Nova Prime to wave 60 defense on a solo mission. Maybe there are some out there now that can do this and maybe I'm just not good enough to do it solo, but I want to.

so you are saying quanta should only be used by primes? you are very unclear in your idea

I think hes referring to using the alt fire to cause this damage type much like the quanta but it drains energy to use it. but i could be wrong.

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

this will probably not happen. DE prides themselves on variety and customization. there are many players that will never have some prime frames and to tell them they can't use a weapon for that reason is against what they are trying to do.

It would encourage game play and people would grind or use plat to get it - If they want to use the weapon then they have to get the frame. To me, it takes this to a whole new level of game play.

One shot from Limbo would put the enemy in limbo - they could not do you harm and it would cause them damage while they are in limbo but only other Prime Frame Weapons(PFW) could cause damage to the enemy while in limbo; standard weapons would cause no damage.

It would encourage game play and people would grind or use plat to get it - If they want to use the weapon then they have to get the frame. To me, it takes this to a whole new level of game play.

One shot from Limbo would put the enemy in limbo - they could not do you harm and it would cause them damage while they are in limbo but only other Prime Frame Weapons(PFW) could cause damage to the enemy while in limbo; standard weapons would cause no damage.

it doesn't encourage gameplay it limits it. it's like telling people they can only use the braton prime with nova prime or vectis prime with ash prime. there are players out there that will never have these frames. you can't limit a weapon to one frame. DE will never do this. I do kinda like the idea of some weapons gaining an additional proc or something if you use energy to active it. But limiting a weapon isn't something I can get behind. 

It wouldn't bring a new level to the game at all, it would just trivialize the rest of it, as, according to your initial suggestion, if one frame with one of these can solo to wave 60, then what could a whole squad with them do? Or even a raid?

Not to mention the fact that you're suggesting adding weapons for frames that are no longer obtainable through normal means.