Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Frame Concept] Plume (Archer Themed, Ver 2.1)

CataReverb

When it comes to the tools of the Tenno, few are more iconic than the bow.  The Plume, named for the feathers once iconic to the fletcher, is a master of its custom bow.

mmIRBoY.png

Warframe name- Plume

Central concept- Archer ninja

Additional concept elements: owls, medieval fantasy rangers

Stats: (generalizing stats)

Mobility - A (~1.2-1.25)

Shields - B (~125 base)

Health - D (~75-100 base, 65-115 armor)

Energy - (low max, low use)

Power Damage - A 

Power Utility - B (While good and varied support effects with camo beacon and whatever High Energy Arrows ends up being, the effect shouldn't feel amazing, as much as nice bonuses)

Powers: (working titles)

(1)(Bow) Readies or stows a frame-specific collapsing puncture focused compound bow.  Energy is consumed when you create more arrows by pressing R.  (See notes:1)  Damage scales off of primary weapon mods?

++Possible alt fire: (with alt fire button) Fires a horizontal or vertical line of arrows (depending on whether you're crouching or standing, due to bow position)  Takes as many arrows as it fires, probably five.

++Possible alt fire/augment: (With attack down sights) works similar to buzlok's tracker, but hitscan and the tracker doesn't alert target.  Only uses 3 "arrows" at most

(2)(Camouflage beacon) drops an easy to destroy beacon at a location that grants invisibility, but is not invisible itself, and will alert enemies if placement isn't careful.  The beacon grants invisibility to those within a range.  The invisibility lasts about 15sec when out of range.  Dropping a new beacon will destroy the old one.

++Possible augment: affects allies at half duration

(3)(Escape) Moves blindingly fast along the ground and possibly walls towards the targeted location, undetectable while moving, and invisible for ~2s after.

(4)  -Charged Arrow: Readies the first power bow with a supercharged arrow that does increased damage, and persists to where it lands or hits for a duration.  When you inflict a status proc, you gain an elemental charge.  (See Power Notes:1)

Possible altfire: jam the arrow into the ground (which will work as a melee attack, but is used primarily for defenses or buffs.

++Effects:

+++Magnetic arrow - minor damage over time: arrows, thrown secondary and melee will seek targets in the area, enemy shields suppressed.  Enemies with ferrite armor will be pulled in from 2x range.  Allies gain overshield boosts.

+++Radiation arrow - damage over time: Enemies in the area will be confused and prioritize attacking each other over allies.  Allies in that area gain a melee speed bonus.

+++Blast arrow -high damage explosive arrow.

+++Corrosive arrow: Enemy armor is suppressed, allies gain significant damage reduction(~40% or so)

+++Viral arrow: Enemies afflicted by viral's cut hp and puncture's weaken procs, followed with a bleed proc when they leave the area.  Allies are healed over this time.

+++Gas arrow: enemies have a chance to be lured in if close to the zone, take a damage over time effect, and will be unable to leave the area until the effect ends.

+++Fire arrow: on impact releases a flame blast dot

+++Ice arrow: on impact, freezes enemies, opening them for finisher attacks (or all attacks against them do finisher damage)

+++Electric arrow: sends out single target electrical shocks that will either do high damage to an enemy, or restore some energy to an ally.

+++Toxin arrow: Extremely high toxin damage on the arrow, if allies are in range of the impact lose a negative status proc against them, and gain a buffer against further procs for a duration

Passive:

Elemental procs inflicted will be collected into high energy arrows

Potential additional passive: (Above passive is integral to a power, not a bonus...)

If Castanas are equipped, Escape will pin one on a few enemies along the way.

Increased base status% chance

Thrown melee weapons do not need to be charged to be thrown when not equipped.

Power Notes:

(1) Arrows: (in this) relates to an amount charged with the first power - bow ammunition and purple boxes do not factor in.  You can have 2.5x the number of a reload in the ability's quiver (based on power duration.)  You can have the amount of one reload for elemental charges or however many arrows you have, whichever is lower.  If you use an arrow with the first power (and not the fourth), and your ammo count lowers, you can lose an elemental charge.  If you're at maximum capacity, and you proc more statuses, it'll replace oldest-first to rotate the effects through.

Concept Notes:

(1) While this will be meant to be the bow frame, the amount of skills that relate to its bow should be limited.  This isn't a moba, where you have four abilities, all tied to a static weapon.  Similarly, passives tied to bows will be near useless, as similar to excalibur, if you have a supercharged weapon, why would you use its underpowered equivalent.  So, to promote weapon use variety, passives shouldn't be tied to bows, but rather non-bow weapons commonly associated with archers.

(2) High energy arrows seems a bit too complex, but I think that the way it works would be potentially fun.  Note that location of impact is where the arrow would be, either in the rag-dolled target, or wherever the arrow lands if it misses.  I'm considering that High Energy Arrows should be toggled on and off, and make you immobile while on, to encourage burst use.  I can't even consider how balance would work with this frame, so some vague parts should remain vague, IMO. 

(3) The frames that should be used as a baseline comparison will be Ash, (somewhat Chroma,) Excalibur, Loki, Mesa, and Valkyr.  If this seems too much like any of them, I'll take arguments and suggestions into consideration.

(4)  Concept version 1.0 is here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/452791-frame-concepts-plume-aerial-assault-frame-531/

The way the bow works is in my concept art-hole here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/481468-wip-archer-frame-rebuild/

Current state:

+Power slot #3 is needing a new ability.  I'd rather keep it closer to the ninja theme than the archery theme to avoid overloading.  I'm considering something that interacts with a sentinel or creates a custom sentinel.  Another thought is into developing escape better.

+Damage 3.0 might make the current High Energy Arrow elemental chart completely useless

+Ability animations might be an eventual possibility

+Open to constructive feedback and suggestions.

Edited by Arkinvas

Thank you for the feedback, the point of those sorts of values was to be vague.  I'm thinking that I want the Shields to be at 125, health at 75, armor at 65 (115ish when most frames get their armor buff.)  Power damage, utility, and speed have too much miscellaneous factors contributing to them, and having hard values compared to intangibles doesn't work.

By paragraph a little, do you mean that I should expound on topics, or give clearer separation?

Thank you for the feedback, the point of those sorts of values was to be vague.  I'm thinking that I want the Shields to be at 125, health at 75, armor at 65 (115ish when most frames get their armor buff.)  Power damage, utility, and speed have too much miscellaneous factors contributing to them, and having hard values compared to intangibles doesn't work.

By paragraph a little, do you mean that I should expound on topics, or give clearer separation?

Those stats are reasonable but i think you should buff up either the health or armor a little bit and by "paragraph it a little" i mean make it a bit clearer

Those stats are reasonable but i think you should buff up either the health or armor a little bit and by "paragraph it a little" i mean make it a bit clearer

I've expanded.  After watching the devstream I think I know how I want the stealth and movement abilities to work.  Both points should make things clearer, but if it's just more cluttered thoughts, could I get some direct questions, so I know what isn't clear?  Or is it just my basic organization that doesn't work?  I'm willing to budge a bit on the health and armor, but I still think evasion and stealth should be this frame's primary form of survival.  If it has evasion, stealth, range, and a thick skin, it'd be too OP, at least in my opinion.

I've expanded.  After watching the devstream I think I know how I want the stealth and movement abilities to work.  Both points should make things clearer, but if it's just more cluttered thoughts, could I get some direct questions, so I know what isn't clear?  Or is it just my basic organization that doesn't work?  I'm willing to budge a bit on the health and armor, but I still think evasion and stealth should be this frame's primary form of survival.  If it has evasion, stealth, range, and a thick skin, it'd be too OP, at least in my opinion.

Nothing else should be clearer so it's all good.

Out of curiosity when the arrow hits on his 4, does it give a guaranteed proc? if not then what percentage do you give it to proc that element.

Nothing else should be clearer so it's all good.

Out of curiosity when the arrow hits on his 4, does it give a guaranteed proc? if not then what percentage do you give it to proc that element.

Oh jeez... yeah, the 4, that's a mess.  I spent too much time writing it yesterday, so it probably needs some clarification.

In short, I'd assume the proc chance would vary depending on the arrow, but be rather high (50% to 100% on hit, 10-30% on persistent aoe damage, unless specified that it procs, which would then be a 100% chance, such as radiation and viral.  Magnetic and corrosive work in a way that's similar to the proc, but not the actual proc.)

At the moment, this's the way I see the 4 working: when you get an elemental proc with a weapon (perhaps including the bow from (1) ability, since it'd feed off of the primary,) you get a charge of that proc for the 4, up to a limit of around 10, modified by some power stat.

When you activate it, you ready the ability which uses a charge, one arrow from the (1), and about 40-50 energy when used (similar to a regular bow) deactivating is instant, to avoid having that ability become too great of a risk to use.

I didn't consider initial impact proc, as my thoughts were that it'd be too high damage to use.  You did bring up an interesting thought though... the 4 wouldn't provide charges for itself, otherwise once you have your first proc provides one element, and that's all you get for the mission, or so.

• 2 months later...