Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Really Disappointed

Telluric

I don't get it. 

How does every social minority (homosexuals, transgenders, etc.) get offended so easily by a single joke? How do you even live and interact socium?

For example, most of internarional communities (Mostly gaming, including Warframe) make fun of Russians, some even hate them (I am not taking politics into account now). And 95% of Russian players don't give a single frickafrack about it.

Can someone explain this to me please?

It's because Russians are not killed or actively harmed simply for being Russian.

What I am doing, is asking you to calm yourself, take a deep breath, and approach the subject objectively.

I understand wanting to tone down some of the swearing for the sake of keeping the thread from being locked, but objectivity isn't possible at this point and it isn't necessarily a bad thing. People can't completely divorce their emotions from topics that affect their lives so drastically; for trans people these things are often a matter of life or death. Trans people are regularly beaten and murdered for less. Treating trans issues as an abstract argument you can be calm about is a luxury in that sense; once the debate ends, so does your involvement. For trans people this is their entire life. Can you see now why Smimsy might be so upset over this?

I'm not saying objectivity in discussions is bad, but it shouldn't be an end goal, and in turn emotional involvement shouldn't be seen as some sort of logical weakness. Sometimes being calm can be too much to ask for. 

Edited by Amphyy

It doesn't even matter if it's this thread or anywhere, slurs are still thrown around. Nice attempt at trying to shut me down though. I give it a 7/10.

I'm not trying to shut you down. In a direct response to my telling you that you are not a victim of this event, you say trans-phobic slurs have been thrown your way. Since we're in the context of this event and this thread, I ask you to point out where that has happened.

You are either:

- Attempting to bring outside aggressions toward yourself and your self-assignation to this thread (piggybacking on negativity) , which is reprehensible

or

- Dodging the issue at hand.

It's because Russians are not killed or actively harmed simply for being Russian.

Now that is not true. Hundrens and thousands of russians are being killed even today just for being russians. Today's Ukraine for example. 70%-ish of population of Donetsk, Lugansk, and the whole south-eastern Ukraine are russians. And Neo-nazi government just blows their cities from existance.

Edit: I am really sorry for this off-topic, I don't want this to become a political thread.

Edited by SlipianRage

I'm not trying to shut you down. In a direct response to my telling you that you are not a victim of this event, you say trans-phobic slurs have been thrown your way. Since we're in the context of this event and this thread, I ask you to point out where that has happened.

You are either:

- Attempting to bring outside aggressions toward yourself and your self-assignation to this thread (piggybacking on negativity) , which is reprehensible

or

- Dodging the issue at hand.

So I'm the one "dodging the issue" while you're trying to ask me at what specific point and time, whether it was night or day in a specific timezone, on an island in the middle of the atlantic, EXACTLY when i was offended.

I don't see how I'm the one trying to "dodge the issue" as you said.

Edited by Smimsy_

I left the Devstream early today, due to a horrible nauseous feeling thanks to a huge chunk of Warframe players making transphobic comments in regards to Equinox. I am so disgusted to realise that I play the same game as these people. I've identified as transgender for over 11 years now, and to see people making nasty comments and jokes about people like myself, it really is hurtful, even if you don't see it that way. I seriously don't even know what to say. It is so hurtful, and you guys don't even realize what you're saying, or even care about how it affects people.

You might not see it as offensive, but if you're not transgender, you honestly can't know what it is to feel like this. Your entire gender identity made into a disgusting, twisted joke, and the worst part is, people think it's hilarious.

Many, many thanks and applause to the stream chat mods, for deleting a lot of comments, and another big thank you to Rebecca for not letting Steve get away with calling Caitlyn Jenner by her old name. It was disgusting, insulting, and not at all funny in the slightest.

I've been so so excited for Equinox, almost as excited as I was for Limbo, but I feel like with all these transphobic and demeaning comments, as well as "needs more boobs" on a wonderfully androgynous Warframe, is derogatory and makes me sick to my stomach.

I don't know what to do about it. I'm just heartbroken that people like this exist and play this game that I love so much.

Look at it this way, The Bible labels them are abominations unto god(Even jenner is a religious person and knows this) so people treat them as such.

At the same time, it wouldn't be fair to label people who abide by their faith as bigots for not liking the whole LGBT thing or same sex weddings as God himself does not like it so to call these folks bigots would be calling God himself a bigot.

Once Adam and Eve ate that fruit, chaos anarchy ensued as the world exists today as is.

Though, it wouldn't be good to be mean to that community seeing as they were born that way.

The religious LBGT folks know what they are getting into when they embrace this, all they can do is pray and ask god for forgiveness and others should pray for them.

Although it wouldn't be fair to rub gays into peoples faces when they have lesbians that never seem to get any airtime compared to men.

Why do gay men get all the action?

As for "Bruce", much like muscle memory, people are akin to calling him "Bruce", it's natural until they do it on purpose.

As to why people joke about it easily. Well, it simply feels ok. because of their faith and detachment from the transgender LBGT thing, it just feels natural to mock things they do not understand. For some, their faith won't allow them to understand.

Due to their faith, it feels right because they feel the LBGT is wrong much like they feel about the whole pedobear thing.

As long as there is faith that tells them that the LBGT group are abominations, there WON"T ever be an total acceptance of this group. You cannot expect everyone to go against their faith, go against GOD. People want to go to heaven, to embrace LBGT, they feel they would go to hell ad the feel the LBGT community is on a fast track to hell and ya know what, given God's feelings towards it, it's quite possible.

Edited by Jinryusai

So I'm the one "dodging the issue" while you're trying to ask me at what specific point and time, whether it was night or day in a specific timezone, on an island in the middle of the atlantic, EXACTLY when i was offended.

I don't see how I'm the one trying to "dodge the issue" as you said.

You still didn't give me an answer.

And you know what, fine. Whatever. You and yours will choose, individually or as a group, when and where and what to be offended by, whether it be directed at you or not, and there isn't a whole I can do about it other than to ask you to please calm down, think rationally, and not counter-abuse others.

You will do as you will. Just do remember to think of others as well.

Nobody is exempt from humor and levity. Not even in the face of tragedy. History has shown thus.

Edit:

I thought the insult and rude comments were about Caitlyn Jenner how did this turn into a discussion about years of everyday transgender murder

I have no idea, but I'm done trying to find out.

Edited by Nomicakes

Look at it this way, The Bible labels them are abominations unto god(Even jenner is a religious person and knows this) so people treat them as such.

At the same time, it wouldn't be fair to label people who abide by their faith as bigots for not liking the whole LGBT thing or same sex weddings as God himself does not like it so to call these folks bigots would be calling God himself a bigot.

Once Adam and Eve ate that fruit, chaos anarchy ensued as the world exists today as is.

Though, it wouldn't be good to be mean to that community seeing as they were born that way.

The religious LBGT folks know what they are getting into when they embrace this, all they can do is pray and ask god for forgiveness and others should pray for them.

Although it wouldn't be fair to rub gays into peoples faces when they have lesbians that never seem to get any airtime compared to men.

Why do gay men get all the action?

What are you talking about?

I thought the insult and rude comments were about Caitlyn Jenner how did this turn into a discussion about years of everyday transgender murder

Because people tried to relate the situation to something else via false equivalence. It has derailed since.

Because all in all they are linked. Caitlyn Jenner is trans, trans people are murdered almost daily. Put 2 and 2 together and you can see why it shifted.

You still didn't give me an answer.

And you know what, fine. Whatever. You and yours will choose, individually or as a group, when and where and what to be offended by, whether it be directed at you or not, and there isn't a whole I can do about it other than to ask you to please calm down, think rationally, and not counter-abuse others.

You will do as you will. Just do remember to think of others as well.

Nobody is exempt from humor and levity. Not even in the face of tragedy. History has shown thus.

Edit:

I have no idea, but I'm done trying to find out.

"counter-abuse"

what

also bye