Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow's Arrows/mods

FitzSimmons

i found bow's arrow skins are not really noticeable like bow skin or other attachments, why not put effect/passive on arrow skins depend on the skin? like "if you use this arrow skin the arrow has 30% chance to explode" (like thunderbolt), different skin can make area of effect as well like trap enemies in radius with plants or else to prevent them from moving, disarm arrow, health/shield/energy/ammo stealer and anything else with cool effect. or maybe make new mods with those kind of effect with 30% chance like thunderbolt. it makes play with bow more fun (at least for me). like thunderbolt, maybe most or some people think thunderbolt is useless, but i found it useful against nullifier, explode on the outside, nullifier dies inside. bow with status chance more than 70% can make the effect proc more often, maybe people will show more love to daikyu because of that. just sharing thought. 

Edited by FitzSimmons

Skins don't need an effect, i use them cause i didn't quiet like the default arrow look on weapons.   granted I barely see the arrow when playing, but it still bugged me.

edit:

Also.  Daikyu,  is an awesome bow.  Its got a good long bow feel to it, which is nice, and hope we get more long bows :3

Edited by Tveoh

Skins don't need an effect, i use them cause i didn't quiet like the default arrow look on weapons.   granted I barely see the arrow when playing, but it still bugged me.

edit:

Also.  Daikyu,  is an awesome bow.  Its got a good long bow feel to it, which is nice, and hope we get more long bows :3

but but but skin attachment like syandana/armor can have buff with arcane :( even tho they dont need an effect. 

yes daikyu is awesome, i love it for the design actually, dont really care about dmg :p 

edit : they dont have to be skins, they can just made into more mods like thunderbolt but differnt effect

Edited by FitzSimmons

syandana/armor are different then arrow skins.   Cause they add something to your warframe.  While an arrow skin just changes what your arrow looks like,  It doesn't add to the arrow.     

If anything.  The different skins should add different amounts of bonus damage, based on the shape of the arrow head.    As is common with arrows, there are several types of broadhead arrows, each meant to do something different.  Penetrate deeper, cause more bleeding, etc.     There are even barbed arrows that are meant to stay in the target, and cause pain if one tries to pull it out, causing more damage then just getting hit.   Even some where after the arrow hits you, blades then spring out to slice on the inside of the wound to cause bleeding.   

Or even the arrow skins can determine the type of damage that a bow does.     Say you like the look of the dread bow, but don't want to slash damage.   change the arrow, to change the damage.   Is something that i could see more of a possibility then giving them thunderbolt effects or bonus to status chance.

syandana/armor are different then arrow skins.   Cause they add something to your warframe.  While an arrow skin just changes what your arrow looks like,  It doesn't add to the arrow.     

If anything.  The different skins should add different amounts of bonus damage, based on the shape of the arrow head.    As is common with arrows, there are several types of broadhead arrows, each meant to do something different.  Penetrate deeper, cause more bleeding, etc.     There are even barbed arrows that are meant to stay in the target, and cause pain if one tries to pull it out, causing more damage then just getting hit.   Even some where after the arrow hits you, blades then spring out to slice on the inside of the wound to cause bleeding.   

Or even the arrow skins can determine the type of damage that a bow does.     Say you like the look of the dread bow, but don't want to slash damage.   change the arrow, to change the damage.   Is something that i could see more of a possibility then giving them thunderbolt effects or bonus to status chance.

hawkeye's arrows have different kind of use based on the tip arrow he used o.o

That would suggest/enforce mandatory cosmetic, and I call foul play on that. Not everyone likes the look of the skin, so they shouldn't be forced to use the skin just because the stat is more beneficial.

why people only read and focused about skins while there are more than "skins" words on the thread >.>

why people only read and focused about skins while there are more than "skins" words on the thread >.>

I'm not against the idea in mod form, but you know... because you started the topic with "arrow skin" and you kinda focused your ideas on that....

Heck they might even bring out a mod that just straight up bypasses Nullifier shield just for Bows, that would be nice.

To be fair though, even if Thunderbolt's explosion does bypass Nullifier's shield, the damage is so weak it's not worth something like an elemental in the later game, which is where the nullifiers are at their most deadly, being able to one shot. If it takes into account of Serration, or partially (50% effectiveness etc), maybe it's worth considering. But at the moment, it loses its effectiveness very quickly.

I'm not against the idea in mod form, but you know... because you started the topic with "arrow skin" and you kinda focused your ideas on that....

Heck they might even bring out a mod that just straight up bypasses Nullifier shield just for Bows, that would be nice.

To be fair though, even if Thunderbolt's explosion does bypass Nullifier's shield, the damage is so weak it's not worth something like an elemental in the later game, which is where the nullifiers are at their most deadly, being able to one shot. If it takes into account of Serration, or partially (50% effectiveness etc), maybe it's worth considering. But at the moment, it loses its effectiveness very quickly.

the paragraph on skin idea and mod idea is almost same numbers :/ i cant start topic with both, not an expert english literature.

i played on t3 with thunderbolt and meet nullifier, the dmg is enough to killed them inside, on 30min below unless there are ancient around who buff enemies def. well its still ok for players who only play 30 min/wave only. maybe not for players who play in endless missions for hours.

maybe more utility type of bow mod will be useful even on later game, if they're going to exist.

the paragraph on skin idea and mod idea is almost same numbers :/ i cant start topic with both, not an expert english literature.

i played on t3 with thunderbolt and meet nullifier, the dmg is enough to killed them inside, on 30min below unless there are ancient around who buff enemies def. well its still ok for players who only play 30 min/wave only. maybe not for players who play in endless missions for hours.

maybe more utility type of bow mod will be useful even on later game, if they're going to exist.

This is very nip picky, but most of the additional effect idea are given within the skin portion of the paragraph, it just gives a vibe that you primarily want skin to have additional effect and mods are the secondary fallback option. But don't worry about it, just me being anal about stuff.

What I meant was it takes a lot more time than I personally would want to spend on a nullifier, because you pretty much need to hit the shield itself for the splash damage to deal as much damage as possible. That means ignoring every other enemies including Heavy Gunners and Bombards, and it's only 30% chance per arrow, on a weapon that fires ~1 shot per second. It's gonna take more than a few shots.

Speaking from a T4 perspective, if you prioritize and focus too long on nullifiers, the other enemies are going to kill you before you kill the nullifier, even if it's small infantries and butchers, who loves to sneak in from blind spots. And if you try to clean other enemies up first... then the nullifier would've taken a few shots at you. T4 enemies are very different in terms of damage output. So there's that.

But yeah, hopefully we'll have a bow mod that just straight up bypasses nullifier shield, for me that's a better trade for the cost of an elemental than Thunderbolt.

you just considered an arrow skin that gives your shot a forced bleed proc. which I wholeheartedly agree that we should have. 

This is very nip picky, but most of the additional effect idea are given within the skin portion of the paragraph, it just gives a vibe that you primarily want skin to have additional effect and mods are the secondary fallback option. But don't worry about it, just me being anal about stuff.

What I meant was it takes a lot more time than I personally would want to spend on a nullifier, because you pretty much need to hit the shield itself for the splash damage to deal as much damage as possible. That means ignoring every other enemies including Heavy Gunners and Bombards, and it's only 30% chance per arrow, on a weapon that fires ~1 shot per second. It's gonna take more than a few shots.

Speaking from a T4 perspective, if you prioritize and focus too long on nullifiers, the other enemies are going to kill you before you kill the nullifier, even if it's small infantries and butchers, who loves to sneak in from blind spots. And if you try to clean other enemies up first... then the nullifier would've taken a few shots at you. T4 enemies are very different in terms of damage output. So there's that.

But yeah, hopefully we'll have a bow mod that just straight up bypasses nullifier shield, for me that's a better trade for the cost of an elemental than Thunderbolt.

maybe DE should improve the explosion to proc blast to knockdown enemies