Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating A Reason To Rank Up

Wolfssenger

I rather like that I'm past the point where I feel any need to level up weapons that I have no interest in ever using, though.

Well that's just "great" for you. But for me I am only mr 8 and I feel like I need to rank stuff up. A few weapons that I thought were trash are now something that I like. I also like what Raven_Face said. A while ago about the weapon fusions. That sounds like something that would work out very nicely. Again I feel like I am pressured into leveling things and buying slots for things I am never going to use. Like he normal lex or aklex why would I ever need to spend the extra 12p that is so valuable on those two slots or getting rid of weapons that I do like, I already have lex prime? Personally its like have loki p why would i ever buy another slot for the normal version I have the prime version. But I have to otherwise I wont get the Mastery points. In the same way I don't understand the need to rank up weapons and warframes. I missed the latron wraith thing and the strun wraith so I missed the mp. Also Excal prime I can never get him so I have automatically lost those mastery points.

Okay sorry everyone for that rant I just thought I should say my thoughts.

Thanks

Dremanx23 

I rather like that I'm past the point where I feel any need to level up weapons that I have no interest in ever using, though.

Well, the majority of people like having a reason to continue playing the game...

You argue that rep is worthless after a certain point, when I just said that U17 gave a MAJOR reason to gather rep as fast as possible.

Do you even Exilus Adapter?

Oh the irony!

How about you, can you pertain to what was said?

Oh boy, you can gain some more -semaris- standing(a chore in the first place) so that once every 7 days you can craft an exilus adapter if you spend hours each day doing synthesis. All that times 20+ times for all of my frames so I can put rush on. Whoop dee f**kin doo.

Problem is, I can't think of what more to do with MR when the dynamics aren't about to go away. The best I can hope for is what I suggested above: gains and boosts to whatever we do in this game, everyday. Overt rewards would break the balance between old players and new, and further skewing DE's economic intake, which is not a good long term plan.

Either we have to discuss about a different MR in a hypothetical different game path, or we work around what we have for MR as it is. Giving cost reductions would be encouraging, like Foundry.

I fail to see how it skews power difference between old and new players seeing that these new weapons would only be as strong as current god tier weapons(aka soma and boltor p) available from mastery 0(2, realistically). Even if they were stronger(which theyre not), does it really make sense for a player of 2 days and a player of 2 years use the exact same weapon? You're right this game does have an imbalance between and new players. It heavily favors newer players. I could create a new account and in merely a week have the boltor/soma prime and have piggybacked enough t3s to sell enough ash parts to buy a fully ranked serration and hornet strike. Just like that I can easily keep up with any weapon in the arsenal of my two year old account with 60+ weapons and over 20 frames. Not to mention I have access to the most powerful frame in the game from my first seconds. Edited by superfishy36

Well, the majority of people like having a reason to continue playing the game...

My reason to keep playing the game is because it is fun, not because I feel the need to use a bunch of weapons or warframes I have zero interest in. That would be the exact opposite of fun. Locking meaningful rewards behind mastery rank, especially at higher levels, serves only to discourage players who have zero desire in spending much of their playing time using equipment they don't like.

Edited by herby20

So you answer to having to rank up is a harder challenge? Okay so what happens when I get the stuff that you listed? It'll just become easy again then you would be repeating the same crap over and over.

My cousin and I had a little idea about two weeks ago:

With every mastery rank you have you gain that amount of levels on your gear (frames, weapons, sents, etc...) after you forma. so take me for example I'm mastery rank 16, I forma my soma prime and it starts off right at rank 16. so instead of going through all 30 ranks for it I only have to get 14 more for me to have use of all the mods I want on it. Since we gain nothing from forma'd gear this would be a reason to just rank up so people can quickly rank up their forma'd gear so by the time someone reaches rank 30 they can start to use their favorite weapon or frame right away instead of having to wait for it to get high enough to even use.

To me that sounds like a better idea than just making harder content that would just get easier as time went on just like everything else.  

So you answer to having to rank up is a harder challenge? Okay so what happens when I get the stuff that you listed? It'll just become easy again then you would be repeating the same crap over and over.

My cousin and I had a little idea about two weeks ago:

With every mastery rank you have you gain that amount of levels on your gear (frames, weapons, sents, etc...) after you forma. so take me for example I'm mastery rank 16, I forma my soma prime and it starts off right at rank 16. so instead of going through all 30 ranks for it I only have to get 14 more for me to have use of all the mods I want on it. Since we gain nothing from forma'd gear this would be a reason to just rank up so people can quickly rank up their forma'd gear so by the time someone reaches rank 30 they can start to use their favorite weapon or frame right away instead of having to wait for it to get high enough to even use.

To me that sounds like a better idea than just making harder content that would just get easier as time went on just like everything else.

I'm gonna ignore the contradictions in your points and just let you know that idea has been around for a long time and there's a big thread for it.

I think you should take some time to analyze the core concepts and mechanics of the game, and I think you'll realize why I'm not going to bother responding.

Hint: warframe is a collector's game, any way you look at it.

P.s. the concept is not to make it numbers harder but truly harder in a way that requires cunning and strategy, a concept a lot of older console games did very well( the original castlevania comes to mind)

Edited by superfishy36

Oh boy, you can gain some more -semaris- standing(a chore in the first place) so that once every 7 days you can craft an exilus adapter if you spend hours each day doing synthesis. All that times 20+ times for all of my frames so I can put rush on. Whoop dee f**kin doo.

Tell that to all the guys sprinkling salt on the forums because of how expensive exilus adapters are.

And here lies the biggest problem with your "reward for MR" argument.

So you think Simaris standing is kinda "meh", eh?

Let me break it to you - no matter what "reward" or "bonus" you give, people will think it's "meh".

That's how entitlement works.

Hint: warframe is a collector's game, any way you look at it.

WRONG!

Warframe is a third-person action shooter. Google it.

Also, there are a lot of people in the game who settle on a loadout they like and don't bother with collecting. 

Except the really strong ones aren't tacked with the proper mastery rank; weapons like Boltor Prime and Soma Prime.

I agree with this ^ 

These two weapons and their ease of acquisition is pretty funny when in comparison you look at something like the Dragon Nikana which seems to be MR locked simply cuz it's cool. It has no inherent bonuses from stances that are as glaring as say Dakra Prime with CD (though admittedly that is a MR6 weapon unto itself). Add to that that Melee is currently an underpowered combat system and has no real late game viability. Yet two of the best weapons of ALL WEAPONS in game take MR2 for access to trades and are available for almost nothing depending on platform's trade values. I know PSN we have guys selling B. Prime for like 15plat now full sets.  

EDIT: if they just started putting more powerful weapons at a higher MR in general I think it'd do much to reinvigorate interest in the system. Maybe not with the current line up of weapons though, lol. But if they started releasing actually better and more useful things than say.... the paracyst or it's grineer brother the Harpak. That secondary fire function is worthless. Harpak especially, if it fired actual harpoons that speared guys to walls and allowed you to detonate them manually giving you pretty much a combination Hind rifle with a flat trajectory high velocity penta that worked like a single shot boltor with exploding bolts, I think you'd have people wanting to hit higher MRs just to see how much damage they could do with a gun like that. 

Edited by (PS4)StillbornKumquat

Tell that to all the guys sprinkling salt on the forums because of how expensive exilus adapters are.

And here lies the biggest problem with your "reward for MR" argument.

So you think Simaris standing is kinda "meh", eh?

Let me break it to you - no matter what "reward" or "bonus" you give, people will think it's "meh".

That's how entitlement works.

WRONG!

Warframe is a third-person action shooter. Google it.

Also, there are a lot of people in the game who settle on a loadout they like and don't bother with collecting. 

So this point is very good in my opinion. ^ I love this game because of the third p shooter aspect. This is one of my fav games and will probably stay that way for a very long time. The Fave loadout is one reason I play this game. My Fav is excal, helios, tipedo, tiberon (just cuz its not op and yet can hold its own in a fight), and the despair or dex furius or however you spell them. This is my fav and for me its the most fun and enjoyable game since swbf2.

thanks