Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating A Reason To Rank Up

Wolfssenger

Here's a good, simple way to encourage people to raise their MR: Gate and tier all weapons behind the MR system. This will allow DE to categorize weapons based on overall efficiency and restrict them to appropriate levels. We wouldn't need to nerf some "OP" weapons if we could just lock them behind high-level MR (ex. Synoid Gammacor, pre-nerf).

When I started Warframe, the most powerful weapon at the time was soma. I learned later that it eventually got gated behind MR6. Did I quit? Did I tell DE to nerf it and remove the requirement? No. I built whatever weapons I could get my hands on, leveled them, and got the mastery to wield the soma. I earned that power, I invested time and money to use that weapon and it felt good.

DE needs to start utilizing the MR system and treat it like what any other MMO would have done: A system that rewards players for mastering it.

Here's a good, simple way to encourage people to raise their MR: Gate and tier all weapons behind the MR system. This will allow DE to categorize weapons based on overall efficiency and restrict them to appropriate levels. We wouldn't need to nerf some "OP" weapons if we could just lock them behind high-level MR (ex. Synoid Gammacor, pre-nerf).

When I started Warframe, the most powerful weapon at the time was soma. I learned later that it eventually got gated behind MR6. Did I quit? Did I tell DE to nerf it and remove the requirement? No. I built whatever weapons I could get my hands on, leveled them, and got the mastery to wield the soma. I earned that power, I invested time and money to use that weapon and it felt good.

DE needs to start utilizing the MR system and treat it like what any other MMO would have done: A system that rewards players for mastering it.

This makes a lot of sense. (forgive the spelling) I am currently trying to get to plastids to build the soma. And I think that alot more people would be happier if we just mastery rank locked more things instead of nerfing them. Because again some great weapons got nerfed and now they are almost crap. I would also like a buff to some of the higher ranked weapons that are not as good as the should be aka supra.

Well thats just my two cents.

Exactly, it makes more sense and allows for more reasonable nerfing/buffing/changes feedback.

Exactly, it makes more sense and allows for more reasonable nerfing/buffing/changes feedback.

I think this is a brilliant solution, and would be equally happy if they took this or my solution. The best part is that it's not just another little bone for getting high MR, it puts actual incentives in for levelling. However again my only fear is prime weapons and their unwillingness to change how they work

What reason is there other than reward? "Get mr xx or else you must pay 100000 credits"?

I totally agree with this point. It's like what is the reason if not reward? Anything you get would techinally be reward.

So I would prefer a reward based mastery rank instead of just a title.

Idk just my thoughts.

I totally agree with this point. It's like what is the reason if not reward? Anything you get would techinally be reward.

So I would prefer a reward based mastery rank instead of just a title.

Idk just my thoughts.

It's basic human nature. Sure you can use negative reinforcement, and we'll stop playing. Positive reinforcement(a.k.a. a reward based system) is the only mutually beneficial option.

What reason is there other than reward? "Get mr xx or else you must pay 100000 credits"?

You already get higher rep gain per day tied to MR, which is huge, given the uses for rep.

So, given that there is already a "reason" to raise MR, what "motivation" are you still looking for? More stuff? More "rewards"?

You already get higher rep gain per day tied to MR, which is huge, given the uses for rep.

So, given that there is already a "reason" to raise MR, what "motivation" are you still looking for? More stuff? More "rewards"?

Huge? I get one thousand more per day, whoo, now I can get mods I already have or sell them for dirt cheap because all the people who have done the same already are selling them too. That would motivate you mister quotation marks? Because it's certainly no "motivation" for me or a lot of people. It's like a pretty paperweight. It's kinda nice to have but in the end I could give two f**ks about it.

Huge? I get one thousand more per day, whoo, now I can get mods I already have or sell them for dirt cheap because all the people who have done the same already are selling them too. That would motivate you mister quotation marks? Because it's certainly no "motivation" for me or a lot of people. It's like a pretty paperweight. It's kinda nice to have but in the end I could give two f**ks about it.

The rep gain difference between a MR9 and a MR 19 is 100%, so yeah, it's big. What? You want more? The entitlement is STRONG with this one.

And so what if you think it's meh. No matter what DE gives, there will be people will think it's meh.

The rep gain difference between a MR9 and a MR 19 is 100%, so yeah, it's big. What? You want more? The entitlement is STRONG with this one.

And so what if you think it's meh. No matter what DE gives, there will be people will think it's meh.

I just showed you that rep is worthless after a certain point. Will you use logically sound and sensible arguments that actually pertain to what was said? This whole feigned intellect thing is just obnoxious to read, and your tone makes it all the more ironic.

I just showed you that rep is worthless after a certain point. Will you use logically sound and sensible arguments that actually pertain to what was said? This whole feigned intellect thing is just obnoxious to read, and your tone makes it all the more ironic.

You argue that rep is worthless after a certain point, when I just said that U17 gave a MAJOR reason to gather rep as fast as possible.

Do you even Exilus Adapter?

Oh the irony!

How about you, can you pertain to what was said?

Edited by Ninja-Kid

Mastery Rank should unlock, the much needed warframe slots and weapon slots, the higher the MR, the more unlocked slots each time

1 - 10 would unlock 2 slots each rank up
11 - 20 would unlock 3 slots each rank up
21 - 30 would unlock 4 slots each rank up

Weapon Upgrade Ladder 
(so as not to create too much unused weapons in the inventory)

Kind of like the Nikana to Dragon Nikana upgrade, the "base item" is required for the upgrade.

There are variants of a weapon which can start from low mastery rank,
and it sort of get gradually upgraded as a player progresses through the MR.
Though you can choose to keep the original item if you have forma it a few times, and create a upgraded variant with a spare weapon.

Lex - Long Barrel Variant (Higher base damage, higher recoil) (MR4) [Requires Lex to build]

Braton-LMG (Higher Capacity, Higher spare ammo count) (MR3) [Requires Braton to build]

Latron-EBR  (Long barrel, more zoom, more damage) (MR5) [ Requires Latron to Build]

Latron-A1 (Higher capacity, full auto capable) (MR6) [Requires Latron to build]

Fusion weapons (fuse 2 weapons into one)

Soma-HMG (Vectis Damage, Soma Capacity, Fire Rate and Crit Rate) (MR19) [Requires Soma, Vectis and Forma to fuse]

Lextron - (Lex Damage on a Latron) (MR12) [Requires Lex, Latron and Forma to fuse]

Dual Nikana - (something like dual swords, except you wield 2 nikanas) (MR20) [Requires Nikana, Dragon Nikana and Forma to fuse]

Mastery Rank should unlock, the much needed warframe slots and weapon slots, the higher the MR, the more unlocked slots each time

1 - 10 would unlock 2 slots each rank up

11 - 20 would unlock 3 slots each rank up

21 - 30 would unlock 4 slots each rank up

Weapon Upgrade Ladder

(so as not to create too much unused weapons in the inventory)

Kind of like the Nikana to Dragon Nikana upgrade, the "base item" is required for the upgrade.

There are variants of a weapon which can start from low mastery rank,

and it sort of get gradually upgraded as a player progresses through the MR.

Though you can choose to keep the original item if you have forma it a few times, and create a upgraded variant with a spare weapon.

Lex - Long Barrel Variant (Higher base damage, higher recoil) (MR4) [Requires Lex to build]

Braton-LMG (Higher Capacity, Higher spare ammo count) (MR3) [Requires Braton to build]

Latron-EBR (Long barrel, more zoom, more damage) (MR5) [ Requires Latron to Build]

Latron-A1 (Higher capacity, full auto capable) (MR6) [Requires Latron to build]

Fusion weapons (fuse 2 weapons into one)

Soma-HMG (Vectis Damage, Soma Capacity, Fire Rate and Crit Rate) (MR19) [Requires Soma, Vectis and Forma to fuse]

Lextron - (Lex Damage on a Latron) (MR12) [Requires Lex, Latron and Forma to fuse]

Dual Nikana - (something like dual swords, except you wield 2 nikanas) (MR20) [Requires Nikana, Dragon Nikana and Forma to fuse]

The second part of your suggestion is nearly identical to the second part of mine. As for slots I'm not sure if DE would be up for that.

I'm more of a 'small steps' kind of person. I don't see why any suggestion must be grand and all-benevolent or bust.

Sometimes, small benefits can give way to large movements.

But it's the large movement that altogether solves the problem more often than not. As you've seen before in this game, problems that are altogether deficient at their core require more substantial changes as you've seen with all the "2.0"s, which have almost all been great steps forward. I'm simply suggesting a similar action, not nearly as radical but at the same time adressing the core problem. Small things are nice but ultimately something big has to occur to adress a big problem.

Problem is, I can't think of what more to do with MR when the dynamics aren't about to go away. The best I can hope for is what I suggested above: gains and boosts to whatever we do in this game, everyday. Overt rewards would break the balance between old players and new, and further skewing DE's economic intake, which is not a good long term plan.

Either we have to discuss about a different MR in a hypothetical different game path, or we work around what we have for MR as it is. Giving cost reductions would be encouraging, like Foundry.