The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Excalibur Need A Nerf?

Duraxian

I think the range of the projectile is a tad long and I don't think it should be able to pass through obstacles. Also radial javelin doesn't really have a point anymore. Nobody will cast it as long as EB is the most efficient option. If it were a debuff to enemies or buff to Excalibur for each enemy, like the augment, the i could see it getting some more use, but without something like that there's really no point.

Edit: EB is also really noisy. I mean really noisy. As in scares my cat noisy.

Edited by jfhsanseiIII

I think the range of the projectile is a tad long and I don't think it should be able to pass through obstacles. Also radial javelin doesn't really have a point anymore. Nobody will cast it as long as EB is the most efficient option. If it were a debuff to enemies or buff to Excalibur for each enemy, like the augment, the i could see it getting some more use, but without something like that there's really no point.

haha yeah the EB is noisy

Expecting more skill requirements in the game.

If you want to be try hard and elitist then go play dark souls. Stop trying to crank the difficult up to 11 just because YOU like it. Most people don't like balls to the wall difficult.

None of the frames require any skill at all. Have the right mods and presto your good to go. Stop trying to make it sound like their is some frame out there that takes MLG pro skills to play.

------Side rant unrelated to person im quoting------

Seriously all this "Warframe to easy!! Make it harder!!! Hurr dur hurr!!" needs to die, there is plenty of damn cheese enough in the game. You want the game to be hard? Then have DE remove all the cheese and fix the god damn drop tables. We (Also save it "don't speak for everyone" hipsters, we get it you want to be a rebel) the warframe community don't need legendary difficult with the horrible drop table for items and the BS that certain enemy's go about cheesing people to death with (looking at you Bombards). That combo will tank the population faster then you can say "tryhard"

Edited by Azur_Fenix

If you want to be try hard and elitist then go play dark souls. Stop trying to crank the difficult up to 11 just because YOU like it. Most people don't like balls to the wall difficult.

None of the frames require any skill at all. Have the right mods and presto your good to go. Stop trying to make it sound like their is some frame out there that takes MLG pro skills to play.

Seriously all this "Warframe to easy!! Make it harder!!! Hurr dur hurr!!" needs to die, there is plenty of damn cheese enough in the game. You want the game to be hard? Then have DE remove all the cheese and fix the god damn drop tables. We (Also save it "don't speak for everyone" hipsters, we get it you want to be a rebel) the warframe community don't need legendary difficult with the horrible drop table for items and the BS that certain enemy's go about cheesing people to death with (looking at you Bombards). That combo will tank the population faster then you can say "tryhard"

I'm not trying to crank the difficulty up to 11. I'd like it to be at least 5 though.

I personally dislike the waves. It sort of eliminates the whole "he's a melee frame" thing. With the waves of EB, he's not melee, he just shoots laser waves for his ultimate. And I think that's a bit lame. 

A good compromise, I think, would be that the waves only appear when you channel. Otherwise, EB is excellent. It's just the waves that need a tweak. 

A good compromise, I think, would be that the waves only appear when you channel. Otherwise, EB is excellent. It's just the waves that need a tweak. 

Nothing needs a tweak, he's k as he is now.

I personally dislike the waves. It sort of eliminates the whole "he's a melee frame" thing. With the waves of EB, he's not melee, he just shoots laser waves for his ultimate. And I think that's a bit lame. 

I guess a teak would be ok +1 from me

Knowing DE's track record, I can safely say when the community demands a nerf/buff, DE would either destroy it to the point of non-existence or make it a god-killer (exaggeration, I know). Excal is in a pretty good spot right now, nudging DE for more changes (even slightly) is prolly gonna end up with more damage than we could ever think of.

Turn down your speaker volume. Simple.

The reason why this topic was brought out was not because I want Excalibur nerf, but quite the opposite. See I'm alittle worried that complaints will start to rise about nerfing Excaliburs exalted blade. So I'm hoping to shine a light on this subject at matter with some reasoning to the players that are demanding his nerf.

1. Excaliburs exalted blade has a synergy to his other abilities, I for one enjoy the slash dash-exalted blade combo, it has an amazing feel to it. Nerfing it will take away that feeling of synergy and would make it pointless, this may encourage camping strategies with his radial blind or javelin. Before exalted blade was put out there, Excalibur was known as the warframe who sat his butt down just spamming radial javelin to fend off hordes of grineer, now that there is exalted blade, exalibur seems like he got off his lazy butt and started exercising (slash all the stuff). 

2. Sentients are coming, DE will most likey buff the other warframes to balance out the upcoming of the sentients, when they do come with all these nerfed warframes it will be suicide to face them.

3. Exalted blade does not have unlimited reach (if it had it would be op) and its travel time is slow, giving enemies chances to escape

4. I HATE seeing people demanding a nerf, then afterwards create a riot about the previous nerf and how it should be buffed again... e.g Greedypull (you get the idea). 

You hate seeing people demanding a nerf but you create a thread that reads ''does excalibur need a nerf''. Have you any brains?

And get rekt by nullifier and bombards from miles away? Think before you write something.

Get closer.

Radial Blind.

Radial Javelin.

Slash Dash.

Block it.

Dodge it.

Do whatever else it is you do with EVERY OTHER FRAME when faced with a similar situation while using short range or melee weapons.

Get closer.

Radial Blind.

Radial Javelin.

Slash Dash.

Block it.

Dodge it.

Do whatever else it is you do with EVERY OTHER FRAME when faced with a similar situation while using short range or melee weapons.

I'm talking about high level where they can kill you with one shot. You wont even see it coming. Without the EB we have right now no one will play him in high level genius.

I'm talking about high level where they can kill you with one shot. You wont even see it coming. Without the EB we have right now no one will play him in high level genius.

You mean in the high levels where everyone who isn't cheesing everything dies in one hit? If no one sees it coming, and everyone but possibly Chroma dies in one hit, what's your point? Instead of balancing the game around endless levels you're not supposed to be staying too long in, and designed so you CAN'T survive, how about something more reasonable? Like, level 60?

You don't get it, do you? let me quote what i said again.

Without the EB we have right now no one will play him in high level genius.

Before the buff he was kinda useless passed the 30+ min point. People hardly used him. do you not understand? or are you just trolling?

The waves affecting nullifier bubbles don't change the fact that they'll oneshot you.

You don't get it, do you? let me quote what i said again.

Before the buff he was kinda useless passed the 30+ min point. People hardly used him. do you not understand? or are you just trolling?

YOU won't use him maybe. I certainly would, and I'm sure many others will too.