Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rethinking Rhino Charge -- The Juggernaut Sprint

Alexion

I've always wanted to see Rhino go on an actual rampage, and I've had this idea for a while, I haven't seen it anywhere else, and if it already exists, apologies, I just wanted to share the idea.

Instead of propelling Rhino forward in a plain, boring and linear fashion, why not make it a state change?
Have him sheath all his weapons, increase his movement speed and make him invulnerable/resistant to damage from the front and  just have him sprint in the direction you're aiming [No sliding, jumping, etc], knocking over, ragdolling and breaking everything in his path. Gradually increasing speed & damage.

I know it's short and not really fleshed out, but I just wanted to share!

Thanks for reading!

-- EDIT 1 --

Another idea!
Everyone remember the trailer for the PS4 release?

Near the end, where Rhino disassembles Zanuka, it'd be really cool to see that as a finisher-type thing added to Rhino stomp, or for the end of the Juggernaut Sprint.
For Rhino Stomp, it'd just be a small zone around Rhino that'd trigger it, he'd grab the enemy, slam him to the ground by the neck[Triggering the Stasis] and then begin to beat him to a bloody pulp.
Or for the Juggernaut Sprint, have him tackle the enemy and begin to do as the video portrays. Ruin their life. Edited by Titan303

This has been suggested and let me give you a example of this. A character in league of legends by the name of sion has a ultimate that does just this AND IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR RHINO.

It puts sion in a charging state knocking up first enemy hit. I think rhino could have this based on duration and just charge being toggable and drain energy slowly

i love the idea

Edited by rechot

I like the idea of actually charging and not propelling in a straight line. I think Rhino should only be resistant to damage during the ability's duration, but if Rhino activates Iron Skin prior to using the charge, he should be invulnerable but slower. Even though Rhino is slower with Iron Skin active, it increases the base damage of the charge when it's speed is totally maxed.

I like the idea! :)

Also:

I actually had this guy and Blockbuster in mind when I thought of it. It seems like Rhino should have some attributes of being an unstoppable force, so this was the first thing that came to mind.

Thanks for the support!

I like the idea of actually charging and not propelling in a straight line. I think Rhino should only be resistant to damage during the ability's duration, but if Rhino activates Iron Skin prior to using the charge, he should be invulnerable but slower. Even though Rhino is slower with Iron Skin active, it increases the base damage of the charge when it's speed is totally maxed.

Or make his mass/knockback scaling higher with Ironskin on. Since having powers coincide with one another is a thing that people love! I love it as well.

This has been suggested and let me give you a example of this. A character in league of legends by the name of sion has a ultimate that does just this AND IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR RHINO.

It puts sion in a charging state knocking up first enemy hit. I think rhino could have this based on duration and just charge being toggable and drain energy slowly

i love the idea

I actually completely forgot about this guy xD

Haven't played LoL in ages, the community is just too much for me.

But definitely an amazing representation! Thanks for the support :)

When I heard of this, I immediately imagined all weapons being sheathed, and he charges forward, and you can't change direction with the movement keys/sticks, but by looking in the direction you want to go, gradually gaining speed faster until the player tries to back up, or runs out of energy, to which Rhino will do a little skid to stop himself, with it taking longer for him to stop depending on his speed. (An Augment could make debris rise from the skid in the process, damaging enemies)

Perhaps during the charge if he makes contact with an enemy, he shrugs them to whatever side of him the enemy is located, (Left or Right, he shrugs them that way, rag dolling them, Front: He either throws them to the side, or simply tramples them)

When I heard of this, I immediately imagined all weapons being sheathed, and he charges forward, and you can't change direction with the movement keys/sticks, but by looking in the direction you want to go, gradually gaining speed faster until the player tries to back up, or runs out of energy, to which Rhino will do a little skid to stop himself, with it taking longer for him to stop depending on his speed. (An Augment could make debris rise from the skid in the process, damaging enemies)

Perhaps during the charge if he makes contact with an enemy, he shrugs them to whatever side of him the enemy is located, (Left or Right, he shrugs them that way, rag dolling them, Front: He either throws them to the side, or simply tramples them)

Spot on x)

The videos that everyone is posting about Scion and SRIV are pretty accurate as well.

Thanks for all the support!

He should also grab the nearest enemy and use him has some sort of meat shield while charging and using the so called meat shield to bat away enemies that are getting in the way

I don't think he'd need a meat shield if he's already got Iron Skin. :x