Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Prime Concept

Lithimus

Hi fellow Tenno and DE's, 

Today i present to you what i have imagined the Galatine Prime would look like, it's only a sketch not a crazy awesome 3D model made on a program ( which is what i wish to be able to do eventually some day ) , tell me what you think good or bad i guess it's your opinion and i value it regardless, cheers guys and gals for viewing.

Full Picture

s85zsYl.png

So i guess you have checked it out so i'd like to share my thoughts on how it came about, my inspiration and what it would be like in game.

About The Design:  

The Pommel / Grip,

I got the inspiration for the Pommel ( the base of the grip ) from a void key and tried to make it look like it is still a pommel without making the Galatine look to crazy while still adding that unique prime feel.

With the grip i went for a " less is more " approach as i felt it would look to crazy if i added anything more, from the top of the pommel you can see what looks like crossing vines, that was inspired by the original Galatine's look and tried to make it look like the pommel was fused onto it, while the orokin script on the grip may look like an aesthetic touch, it has meaning just the same as the symbols or scripts on some of the frames, in this case it says " Strength " which i felt was fitting for what would be a weapon that packs a serious punch like it's original version.

F70R4Np.jpg

The Guard,

I like the look of the original Galatine's guard so i didn't want to take it to far from that but still give it something more at the same time, slight difference with the pointy edges of the guard and a more i guess elegant look in the center just below the blade, and also added a center piece which was inspired by the Vectis Prime's continuously moving circle thing found just infront of its trigger  and as it does on the Vectis Prime it would also spin.

QXoqtGe.jpg

The Blade,

So the blade well i guess it has a big difference as the shape of the blade is different, roughly half way up you can see it pokes out on both sides and of course the blatantly obvious orokin script running the length of the blade and you guessed it, this script has meaning also, it reads " Valiant Shadow Of 2 Legend Brothers "

Valiant refers to the title "Sword of the valiant" given to Sir Gawain's sword named "Galatine"

Shadow of 2 legend brothers refers to the legend behind the Galatine and it's "brother sword" named Excalibur, which quite often the legend of the Excalibur over shadows the legend of the Galatine.

i imagined the script on the blade would be energy in game and while channeling the script would glow. 

Tip of the blade

2ntJUgi.jpg

Center of the blade

XozS3g2.jpg

Base of the blade4InxNeD.jpg

I'd like to make a mention and thank 2 people who helped me throughout the creation of this concept piece, so thank you Viro and Strat you both helped me with that hard decision as to what the script would say.

Edited by Lithimus

China is getting a timed exclusive Nikana Prime.

Yeah but it's not a thing yet, nor will we get it.

I mean nikana prime

Still much rather a Galatine Prime over a Nikana Prime, china can have it, just as long as we get Galatine Prime later on as exclusive lol

looks to much like the original, I would suggest making it more skinny.

There has never been a drastic change from normal to prime, look at all previous prime weapons and their non prime variant, the size never changes it's just aesthetic changes for the most part, besides it is a long sword or "heavy sword" they are never thin so to make it skinnier would almost make it look like an overly long katana or rapier.... just doesn't fit the description of a long sword.

• 3 weeks later...

comes with its own Stance for which one of the Combo's is just E[Hold] 4x Dmg (is the old Charge attack animation)

Yeah that could be great, call it "Ferocious Maim" or something and it has to have one that you can charge forward for a short distance and then slice them from toe to head and if killed on hit they fly up in 2 pieces and splat if they don't die on hit they get flung into the air and upon landing suffer daze and slash proc for 8 sec lol

Edited by Lithimus