Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine's Length

Apoc001

This is a call out to all Galatine wielders; what do you believe Galatine's length is, is it really a "long" reaching melee? Well I'm here to shed light on this, Galatine is not utilizing the full length of the blade, in fact its striking range is just short of the "squiggle" engraving at the greater end of the blade.

Now to put into perspective; Scindo, a shorter melee within the same class, reaches out at ~2.8m, while Galatine reaches out at ~3.1m. Now I may not be the best and gauging distance in WARFRAME, but I know that Galatine is much longer than .3m than Scindo.

Are there any other Galatine users out there that have noticed that same thing, Galatine being shorter than it appears. If so, should it be something that is fixed, and how far out is a justifiable reach.

Edited by Apoc001

^Wtf. Get out of here.

The galatine's reach has never matched the actual model length of the galatine.  It's something I don't really understand as to why the devs never looked into it.  But then again, almost nobody uses it anymore so...

Edit: Also, some players said that putting prime reach on the galatine will make it hit as far as the tip actually goes.  Go figure.

Edited by Sueshi

Melee Range has never really correlated with the actual size of a Melee Weapon.

it's certainly frustrating that Heavy Melee's and Et Cetera all have much less Range than they should have.

meanwhile Orthos Prime can literally hit Enemies that are out of physical reach.

Yeah, it's not news. Sadly, it has always been like that, but as already stated above, melee range has been broken since 16.5 in some strange ways. Some weapons are unaffected and I know the galatine's range has always never went to the tip. So, it's questionable if it's worse than it use to be for me because I haven't used it since 14.[something]. 

I recall hearing about the melee inconsistencies after 16.5, but I always understood them to be for Arch-melee. I'm a Heavy Blade mainer, so I never really noticed the other melees affected, but I do recall when I first began noticing that Gal was coming up short sometime after melee 2.0 launched, which was back in what? U13? 

I recall hearing about the melee inconsistencies after 16.5, but I always understood them to be for Arch-melee. I'm a Heavy Blade mainer, so I never really noticed the other melees affected, but I do recall when I first began noticing that Gal was coming up short sometime after melee 2.0 launched, which was back in what? U13? 

Nope, it's nearly every melee...

...but Galatine is apparently a special case because it's been weird for longer.

The range should be extended to match the length of the blade already, it would probably just be a simple variable change in the code. It's really bothersome since it's a deceptive hitbox, and mechanics that don't match visual appearance just hinder the experience by making it feel less visceral.

Reach distances are always wonky, especially when you use the reach mods since it expands it from the middle, not from the edge - so basically the handle gets bigger too but keeps the grip location the same, only giving you half of the boost except on things like Orthos.

Sorry, I'm just laughing at everyone measuring their Galatines. You could lay the swords out and compare them in game too!