Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need New Meele And Primary Weapon Against Corpus

Thecoolagent

Question

I am fairly new to the game and I'm looking for a good meele weapon to buy on the market that is effective against level 11-13ish corpus. I'm not a big fan of the hammers and axes so something other than that.

And im also looking for a new meele weapon that also is affective against level 11-13ish corpus. I would prefer a bow but I do not know if they are a good choice. What would you all recommend?

For equipment atm i have: Excalibur lvl12, MK-1 Paris lvl13, Lato lvl11 and the Skana lvl14. Really basic i know but thats why I'm asking for help.

Thank you for help.

11 answers to this question

If you want to stick with blunt dmg for low end weapons, the bo isn't bad. Kogake can be really fun, I just don't recall if it has a MR requirement. Anything with slash, electricity, cold or blunt should do fine. You could also give the Amphis a whirl or the Kestrel

Bo, Amphis, and any "brawling" weapons (ankyros, furax, kogake and obex) are all primarily impact damage, which will take out shield fairly quickly for you. The latter four have rather close range, though. All hammers count as well, though it's not your thing.

As for primaries...well, i love my grakata, but that takes some getting used to. Karak is fine for the job, as is the sobek shotgun (spread is tight, so the ony downside here is the damage dropoff once targets are smaller than your reticle). Cernos is the anti-corpus bow. 

At such an early stage of the game, I would worry less about finding a new weapon and more about increasing the power of your current weapons.  At base levels, most weapons are pretty much the same.  It's the potential of a weapon that makes one better than another, and you're so new you can't bring a weapon to its full potential yet.  Mods are the true source of advancement in game rather than levels.  You can have all the levels you want, but without the mods to make use of those levels, you've gained nothing at all.

Increase the ranks of your damage mods by fusing them with duplicates or fusion cores.  Make sure you don't overshoot the capacity of your weapons.  Obtain base damage mods (Serration, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point) to replace any damaged versions you received in the tutorial and concentrate on those to rank 5ish.  Then look for the elemental mods like Hellfire, Stormbringer, and others.  Bring those up to rank 5 as well.  That should make a good start on improving what you have.  Once you have a full set, go to warframe.wikia.com and search for "Damage 2.0".  This will show you a chart that lets you know what elements a given faction is weak to.  Taking advantage of faction weaknesses helps a lot.

If you do decide to change weapons, try to max out the level of your current ones before disposing of them.  If you get rid of them, you'll have to rank them up again to improve your account level (aka Mastery Rank).  There's little need to retread old ground if it can be avoided.

One last tip: the levels of missions listed on the star map is the level of the enemies within.  This does NOT have any relation to the level of your equipment.  Pay attention to the level of enemy you can handle and don't be afraid to re-run mission nodes you've already completed for awhile.  That way you can build up your mod collection in preparation for the harder enemies you'll find.

Do you have base damage and elemental mods? Mods are what really makes the weapons stronger.

Try and add either cold or toxin damage to your weapons. If you have extra mod capacity then magnetic(cold + electric) + toxin damage works better against corpus units.

Edited by MrJxt

Amphis is great.  The materials needed can be found on the first four planets (Mars, Mercury, and Earth) and it's not too expensive to build so you won't need to beg people to taxi you to higher planets to farm.  Its range is huge and it hits fast and hard.  Dual Skana is also a decent choice.  Again, the materials are easily found and it's fairly cheap to build. Vor drops the Cronus blueprint so if you manage to get that, I recommend you build it.  It's an upgrade to your Skana.  You can still keep your Skana if you really like it.  Maybe later you can put the New Loka syndicate mod Bright Purity in it to increase its damage. 

I know you asked about melee and not primary weapons, but I'd like to recommend some primary weapons as well.  I liked Karak when I started playing.  If you need materials to build Karak and other weapons, I suggest buying regular (and already built) Braton for 25000 credits from the market. That way you won't be using those terrible MK weapons and you have something tie you over until you get better weapons.

Like others said, the most important thing you need to do/have is the essential damage mods and element mods for your primary, secondary, and melee weapons and level those up.  If you're in a clan, I'm sure your clan members will be more than happy to give those to you for free.  Undamaged serration, hornet strike, and pressure point are essential so I recommend you get those asap.  I'd be happy to give you my spare mods if you're desperate. :)

At such an early stage of the game, I would worry less about finding a new weapon and more about increasing the power of your current weapons.  At base levels, most weapons are pretty much the same.  It's the potential of a weapon that makes one better than another, and you're so new you can't bring a weapon to its full potential yet.  Mods are the true source of advancement in game rather than levels.  You can have all the levels you want, but without the mods to make use of those levels, you've gained nothing at all.

Increase the ranks of your damage mods by fusing them with duplicates or fusion cores.  Make sure you don't overshoot the capacity of your weapons.  Obtain base damage mods (Serration, Hornet Strike, Pressure Point) to replace any damaged versions you received in the tutorial and concentrate on those to rank 5ish.  Then look for the elemental mods like Hellfire, Stormbringer, and others.  Bring those up to rank 5 as well.  That should make a good start on improving what you have.  Once you have a full set, go to warframe.wikia.com and search for "Damage 2.0".  This will show you a chart that lets you know what elements a given faction is weak to.  Taking advantage of faction weaknesses helps a lot.

If you do decide to change weapons, try to max out the level of your current ones before disposing of them.  If you get rid of them, you'll have to rank them up again to improve your account level (aka Mastery Rank).  There's little need to retread old ground if it can be avoided.

One last tip: the levels of missions listed on the star map is the level of the enemies within.  This does NOT have any relation to the level of your equipment.  Pay attention to the level of enemy you can handle and don't be afraid to re-run mission nodes you've already completed for awhile.  That way you can build up your mod collection in preparation for the harder enemies you'll find.

This sounds like the best way to go. Im gonna try to get all of my weapons up to max level. Then proceeding to buying new weapons as you said.

almost anything works if you mod it for a combo of magnetic / toxic. 

out of the box, shotguns are murder on corpus .. sobek is a good one, when you can get it.

Anything with over 30% of its physical damage as impact and slash (30% in each or better that is, a low puncture gun) will do fine.

cold/slash will work -- so a pure slash weapon with cold mod, for example, is fine.

magnetic / slash works.

impact/toxic works.

something like that, as best you can.

something like the market braton will do good things.. its balanced damage types and easy to use weapon, good for general purpose and new players.  Set it up for puncture/corrosive/slash for grineer,  magnetic/tox for corpus, for example...  it can carry you until you can get the top end gear. 

Edited by jonnin