Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Was Your Best Trade

(PSN)drahkel

Sad thing is that warframe trading is a microcosm of the stock trading. The better the trader you are, the more likely you're "ripping someone off."

I like to think of it as "worth" or "plat value". If someone offers me 500 plats (theoretically) for a Quick Rest, I think of it as the buyer's value of the item. If he values my Quick Rest for 500, then why stop him? He wants it so bad he's gonna give up 500 plats for it. In the end, we're both happy and I have a clean conscience.

I like to think of it as "worth" or "plat value". If someone offers me 500 plats (theoretically) for a Quick Rest, I think of it as the buyer's value of the item. If he values my Quick Rest for 500, then why stop him? He wants it so bad he's gonna give up 500 plats for it. In the end, we're both happy and I have a clean conscience.

Yeah thats trading. I like a good deal myself but i do believe in win/win deals. You know where both ends of the deal feel satisfied like they won. In the business world, the win/win deal begats repeat business and more deals between the buyer and seller. Warframe trading doesnt really rely on repeat business so traders that want to can fleece away.

You should have called the tread "what was your best rip off".

Nothing to be proud of ...

It's not like we're scamming them. It's their own fault for not doing research on what a good deal is. I mean i am new to the trading system so i don't know what many things cost/are worth so i browse the trade forums, and read trade chat in game to see what things are worth. If someone offers to sell or to trade for something that i have, and i can't find the item worth, i will make a post in the forums asking what that specific item is worth before i agree to the trade. It's their own fault if they jump the gun and immediately decide to trade.

It's not like we're scamming them. It's their own fault for not doing research on what a good deal is. I mean i am new to the trading system so i don't know what many things cost/are worth so i browse the trade forums, and read trade chat in game to see what things are worth. If someone offers to sell or to trade for something that i have, and i can't find the item worth, i will make a post in the forums asking what that specific item is worth before i agree to the trade. It's their own fault if they jump the gun and immediately decide to trade.

Some people have a lot of money and don't care how much they give DE for plat to give us. They probably see it as helping other players out, honestly...

And if you get 4300 plat for $50, then meh...

When Augment mods were new i sold a few of them for 500p

Plus ive sold a few maxed primed mods for 1200-1300p

I also got a few arcane helmets for 10-20p when they were worth 75+. Thinking back to it the guy actually told me he would arcane vanguard for 10p. I felt sorry for him and gave him 20p.

Edited by PyralisTT

Selling a loads of vermilion anti-toxins for 60-100p during the cicero event when using a revive would reset the ability to scan the jade leafs. 

There was a time when if you traded (i think there might have only been 3 items per trade at the time) say 3x T3E keys for 3X T3E keys, the items would get duplicated for both players...

sold a complete event slash mod set to someone in mumbai for 637 plat (thats ~42 euros projected from the basic 15plat = 1euro)

in europe no one would give you more than 400 for it (hope they get optainable with u17, [evil grin])