Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do Free Players Add?

BramBlackmon

I'm about to piss a lot of people off.And I'm okay with that.

I don't have a problem with free players. But certain members of that faction are way to full of themselves. and I'm not just talking about the ones who get upset when DE releases something that costs money, i'm talking about the ones who sincerely believe that, them playing without contributing can be justified solely on the basis of them keeping other players company.

Games do not die from a lower playerbase. They die from lack of profit. as long as DE is making a profit, they're going to keep the lights on, whether there's 50,000 or 500 players, doesn't matter. and we wouldn't lose too many players to begin with. A lot of people pay, a lot of the most frustrating issues in the game pop up from trying to play completely for free. This game is much more enjoyable if you spend even just a tiny bit on it.

You do not contribute nearly as much as you think you do. unless you're working on the wiki, you're not contributing anything to help keep the product alive. you're putting strain on the server if anything. Don't expect DE to fall down on bended knee to cater to your needs when it's not at all a problem for their paying customers.

It's not really a problem of "Free to play" vs "Pay to Win".

It's the fact that all the things that people want are entirely dependent on RNG

If it was a 2 hour raid against a tough boss that required specific team comps to win, I'm sure players would be fine with it.  As it stands right now, it's just all luck.

It's not really a problem of "Free to play" vs "Pay to Win".

It's the fact that all the things that people want are entirely dependent on RNG

If it was a 2 hour raid against a tough boss that required specific team comps to win, I'm sure players would be fine with it.  As it stands right now, it's just all luck.

I'm not saying it's not an annoying system. I'm saying you can't argue that it's an annoying system based solely around the fact that you don't want to spend money. And that would be a general you, rather than a personal you.

I'm not saying it's not an annoying system. I'm saying you can't argue that it's an annoying system based solely around the fact that you don't want to spend money. And that would be a general you, rather than a personal you.

To be completely honest,I´m confused with that "Free" part,because I never got anything for free.Companies have to earn money from something.

Edited by zorinho20

Every free player has the potential to turn into a paying player down the line. Every free player can act as a platform for word of mouth advertising to their friends and acquaintances. Every free player helps to improve the reputation of the game towards outside audiences. Every free player is someone that paying players can play with and keeps the community alive.

Every free player is are incredibly important.

Edited by Kiteless

Every free player has the potential to turn into a paying player down the line. Every free player can act as a platform for word of mouth advertising to their friends and acquaintances. Every free player helps to improve the reputation of the game towards outside audiences. Every free player is someone that paying players can play with and keeps the community alive.

Every free player is are incredibly important.

So,free players are like the erythrocytes in blood